Determined to make the most of this weekend!

I love your vibe! So many worried about things you have no control over. Have a great trip!

We were there for Matthew in 2016. My best advice is to keep a close eye on the forecast. Stock the room with food, drinks, and ice before they announce the parks are closing early. The QS at our resort was a zoo when we got back after park close. Take a deck of cards, portable chargers, & a flashlight in case of power outage. We lost a half a day and one ADR, but, it was one of our favorite trips! Low wait times, not too hot, and food & wine fest! Just know you will be wet and have a fabulous trip!

We fly in Saturday morning, and out next Wednesday night.

What can we expect as far as park closures? Obviously there's no way to tell right now where, when, or how hard this will hit.
Historically speaking, how often do they close the parks for hurricanes? Has it typically been closed the one day it makes landfall and reopens the next day? How early before its expected to hit would they close - say if its expected Monday evening, would they close all day Monday or start shutting down around noon? What has happened in the past.

I'm prepared for rain and wind. I'm looking forward to a potential break from the heat and crowds. Lol Just trying to plan for the worst, if my flight even gets in.
I would keep an eye on your flight in as it could be canceled more than if parks are going to be open as MCO would most likely close so they can get planes out before the storm

There were BOG dinner reservations opening up for Sunday night if you're flexible! My group is still super excited and ready :) We're supposed to fly out Monday evening but if we get stuck we have books, a pack of cards, and backup power packs to weather the storm so we're here for whatever comes our way!

There were BOG dinner reservations opening up for Sunday night if you're flexible! My group is still super excited and ready :) We're supposed to fly out Monday evening but if we get stuck we have books, a pack of cards, and backup power packs to weather the storm so we're here for whatever comes our way!
We wanted to be able to us a QS credit - we could always use the credit at our hotel's QS for breakfast.

The timing for arrival keeps getting pushed back in the forecast. Really looks like Monday night and Tuesday will be worst of it (at the moment). I’m supposed to be packing and I keep reading here and watching SW:GE news :rolleyes1

The timing for arrival keeps getting pushed back in the forecast. Really looks like Monday night and Tuesday will be worst of it (at the moment). I’m supposed to be packing and I keep reading here and watching SW:GE news :rolleyes1
lol same! well i'm supposed to be working but i'm looking a GE news..... those wait times got me scared!!

Trying to be positive and glad I found this thread :) We fly in late tonight and are supposed to fly home early Tuesday :rolleyes: Our APs are good through Monday and we don't have plans in place to come back currently, we know we will but probably not until 2020. This is the first trip since Jan 2017 where we didn't already have plans in place to come back so we were really counting on it.

Trying to be positive and glad I found this thread :) We fly in late tonight and are supposed to fly home early Tuesday :rolleyes: Our APs are good through Monday and we don't have plans in place to come back currently, we know we will but probably not until 2020. This is the first trip since Jan 2017 where we didn't already have plans in place to come back so we were really counting on it.

We don't have APs and don't get to come often, our last visit was this time in 2017 for only 2 days so it's now or never!

Yay for positivity! We fly in late tonight and out Monday afternoon. We got BoG reservations yesterday and the phone agent encouraged us to keep trying for Oga's Catina. This was going to be a short MNSSHP but the Star Wars fans demanded we stay for GE. I've got flashlights and nonperishable food in the luggage. I'm going to go out in search of Princess Leia style ponchos (camo ponchos can't be that hard to find right?).

The models aren't reliable 5 days out, so we won't really know until late Friday/Saturday if the storm will hurt our flight. fingers-crossed that it won't.... :)

Thinking of all of you with plans this weekend and doing an anti-rain dance!

Like I said in one of the bazillion hurricane threads I’m subscribed to, we’re flying in tomorrow AM. There just isn’t enough definitive info now to justify canceling. The actual size of the storm after it strengthens is unknown, the cone of uncertainty is still big with big variation in landfall, the timing of landfall keeps getting pushed later. Shoot, PR was supposed to get pummeled yesterday and wasn’t (thank goodness!!!!) Come Monday night I may really regret this choice. But come Monday night from my couch I may regret it even more. We just don’t have the flexibility to reschedule.

Also, my PSA for the day: the ignore function works wonders as a temporary reprieve from doom & gloomers who don’t have a dog in this fight (not traveling, not residents).

I've booked a Southwest flight Friday afternoon 9/6 in case I can't get back Wednesday. I would stay the weekend, but I have to show my face at work sometime next week.

We're supposed to drive in from the Savannah area Sunday night and stay through Saturday. Trying to stay positive so thanks for this thread! Rented DVC so a refund is out of the question, and my work schedule is set 2 months in advance so no rescheduling anytime soon. Fingers crossed!

Lots of worrying & kinda negative energy though. Lets keep up the good vibes over here! I need it!

How everyones plans changing for Sunday and possible Monday morning park touring? Have a BOG ressie on Monday morning and hoping to still squeeze it in if the parks are open.

I am hoping that we get some time in the parks Sunday with them possibly closing a little early in the evening?
At this point I am assuming Monday we'll be sitting in our rooms all day.

That said, I moved my Epcot Drinking Around the World day to Sunday. We may have plenty of time to sleep in Monday! Lol

I'm also suppose to be doing other things to get ready for the trip, but can't pull myself away from the computer, lol.

I'm thinking that we are ok with our early morning flight arriving on Saturday. Disney was nice enough to move our dessert party and MNSSHP tickets to Monday 9/8. I am hopeful that we will still make our CRT lunch on Monday, but we know we might not make that one.

Knowing that we will might be in the room, I'm putting together a bag that will have some snack items, battery packs, cards, etc. I'm unsure of how to get drinks or water to the room, hoping I can pick up something from the resort when we get there. We are at the YC, so hopefully we will be allowed to move about in the lobby.

Our return flight is late on Monday 9/9, so I'm hopeful all we be as close to business as usual then at the airport.

We might have some bumps along the way, hopefully nothing bad. My thoughts and prayers are with those of you who live in FL.

So I'm looking to change my Epcot FPs from Monday to Sunday now. Currently my Sunday FPs are at HS - does anyone know how to see availability at another park without cancelling all of our fastpasses for that day?

I guess either way we'd be okay losing the HS FPs but I feel weary of dropping my TSMMW if there isn't a Soarin I can pick up

So I'm looking to change my Epcot FPs from Monday to Sunday now. Currently my Sunday FPs are at HS - does anyone know how to see availability at another park without cancelling all of our fastpasses for that day?

I guess either way we'd be okay losing the HS FPs but I feel weary of dropping my TSMMW if there isn't a Soarin I can pick up
Touringplans has an availability tool. It's updated once a day, is the only watchout.

https://touringplans.com/epcot/fastpass-availability/date/2019-09-01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter