DH raided HD for paint cans! See post 15 for photo

Here are my last two cans. Sorcerer Mickey for my Dad, and Mulan for my Mom.

Front: http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=28321&size=big&sort=2&cat=500

Back
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=28322&sort=2&size=big&cat=500

I sent the gallon can to my Grandma, and she got it on Friday. She called me, and raved about the can, and where did I ever get such an idea. Then she called me again today because the rest of the family comes over for coffee klatch on Sundays, and they were all raving over the can. Apparently, my second cousin's husband is a manager at the Sherwin Williams and now he's having to get cans for everyone.

Those are adorable, hopemax! Don't tell me that Mickey and Mulan are paper piecings - I will have to hate you for being so talented! ;)

Yes, Mickey and the 3 brooms, Mulan and Little Brother are all paper piecings. :)

My eyes are going cross-eyed from having to cut so tiny. And if anyone cares (since I was so excited to find it, because I think it fits Mulan so perfectly) the paper on the Mulan can is Cherish from Basic Grey's Blush collection.

New England Eeyore said:
Those are adorable, hopemax! Don't tell me that Mickey and Mulan are paper piecings - I will have to hate you for being so talented! ;)

oh yeah I hate her too. but we're keeping her cause she's so darn talented!

graygables said:
When I made these last Easter, I painted a wooden knob to coordinate, had DH drill a hole through the lid, and screwed the knob on from the bottom. Very handy that way!

Definitely need to whip up some of these for the in-laws for Christmas!

Cute idea! Such clever peoples here :teeth:

Ok so I'm tape measure challenged but my measurements for the small cans are:
Height - 4 and 10/16th inches, I counted the lines on the inch side of the ruler. :teeth:
Length around - (2 pieces) @ 7 inches a piece

HTH!!!

hopemax,
very very beautiful. i just love the mulan one!!!! and they are paper piecings???? wow there's some talent. good for you. i'm sure they will be loved by the lucky one's to get these!!!!

thanks for sharing the pics with us.

b&missb,
thanks for the measurements. i am hoping to try it out this week! i'll let you know how they come out, or how the trash men like them!!!!!!!!

Don't forget that you can fudge the numbers a bit in the height by adding ribbon to the top and bottom. I have found that running my ribbon through my xyron X works well before adhering it.

Wish I had one of those. This double sidede sticky tape holds great, but these stupid red pieces of plastic also stick great....to ME!

okay here is the chip and dale can-I have the same ribbon that B&MB used to attach the key and added it to the top & bottom and some of rlovew pieces.

100_1056.jpg

100_1057.jpg

I will figure out sizing of pictures some day, but I'm afraid you'll have to look at BIG pictures for now. Here is some of the Marine Can I did for my niece.

100_1062.jpg

100_1063.jpg

100_1066.jpg

very nice. i loved them all. i still have not started mine YET!!! i love how you attached the key. :thumbsup2

I cannot take credit for the key. That was B&MB who did that. It is stuck there really good. Is that a real sentence? What did you use to stick it?

AlexWyattMommy said:
okay here is the chip and dale can-I have the same ribbon that B&MB used to attach the key and added it to the top & bottom and some of rlovew pieces.

100_1056.jpg

100_1057.jpg

Glad to know my pieces are being used.

Rebecca

You all inspired me to give it a try. So, here's my first one. I'm going to fill it with some onsies and booties and such.

eba5f6f3.jpg

AlexWyattMommy said:
I cannot take credit for the key. That was B&MB who did that. It is stuck there really good. Is that a real sentence? What did you use to stick it?

double sided tape, I'm not sure if it was the red one or just regular. I used both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter