DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lights motor action is for phase 3.

Indiana jones is supposed to stay as far as I know but get some changes.

I've been thinking about "phase 3" lately...and i have my list of possibilities ranked:

1. It's s headfake/will be shelved for minimum 15 years
2. Tinkerbells fairies of frozen mermaid be our guest land
3. The "second phase" of Star Wars...

MGM is buy far the smallest park...to really get future capacity they have to think longterm draw. #3 could be a logical choice.

They have one film done...two in production...two in the pipeline.

That's a lot of firepower if they rekick the franchise...and then we can all open our arms to the originals, forget the prequels, and buy unlimited junk for new things...

A lot depends on 12/17...it may be the single biggest/most influential movie of all time when you look at what could be riding on it.

Come to think of it - that's not really a stretch/exaggeration at all.

Abrams best not have screwed it up.

I've been thinking about "phase 3" lately...and i have my list of possibilities ranked:

1. It's s headfake/will be shelved for minimum 15 years
2. Tinkerbells fairies of frozen mermaid be our guest land
3. The "second phase" of Star Wars...

MGM is buy far the smallest park...to really get future capacity they have to think longterm draw. #3 could be a logical choice.

They have one film done...two in production...two in the pipeline.

That's a lot of firepower if they rekick the franchise...and then we can all open our arms to the originals, forget the prequels, and buy unlimited junk for new things...

A lot depends on 12/17...it may be the single biggest/most influential movie of all time when you look at what could be riding on it.

Come to think of it - that's not really a stretch/exaggeration at all.

Abrams best not have screwed it up.
1. I think phase 4 is that
2. I really think it's more Pixar
3. That's a possibility too but I think that's more likely for what phase 4 could be. Phase three is already budgeted for phase four is not.

1. I think phase 4 is that
2. I really think it's more Pixar
3. That's a possibility too but I think that's more likely for what phase 4 could be. Phase three is already budgeted for phase four is not.

I love you, man...but you have got to STOP with this "already budgeted" stuff.

My memory isn't quite so short ...

Your talking about a park that sat largely the same for going on 30
Years...they added exactly two rides greenlit by Eisner since the original build out and a nice but still overvalued c ticket ride...

And the capital investments have not been flowing with the except of the last 3 years in many moons. Don't get intoxicated on the short term memories.

This "phase 3 is a go, and phase 4 is after" just is not credible right now. It's not like they are holding that money in a vault somewhere and only the head of MGM has the combo...

Even if they are decided - which nobody on any Disney board is privy to - it could be delayed for 6 years...which doesn't make it a "phase 3" anymore.

I love you, man...but you have got to STOP with this "already budgeted" stuff.

My memory isn't quite so short ...

Your talking about a park that sat largely the same for going on 30
Years...they added exactly two rides greenlit by Eisner since the original build out and a nice but still overvalued c ticket ride...

And the capital investments have not been flowing with the except of the last 3 years in many moons. Don't get intoxicated on the short term memories.

This "phase 3 is a go, and phase 4 is after" just is not credible right now. It's not like they are holding that money in a vault somewhere and only the head of MGM has the combo...

Even if they are decided - which nobody on any Disney board is privy to - it could be delayed for 6 years...which doesn't make it a "phase 3" anymore.
We've been through this before. I'm going to stand by what I said for now. You can disagree with me that's ok. Many things you post I agree with this I do not.

We've been through this before. I'm going to stand by what I said for now. You can disagree with me that's ok. Many things you post I agree with this I do not.

Ok...you're standing between the smoke and the mirror on this...

Just don't fall into the trap of "credible sources" on the boards...it's a teachable moment.

I don't see what the big problem is with some of us believing what they say. They have been right on pretty much. And no this doesn't involve "spirit", he's been silent for months now as he said he was taking a break dealing with the Disney internet world.

I'm not telling you what to believe...because I have no idea what will happen.

This particular thing keeps getting presented as fact...and the only facts you will ever see with theme park construction are those in 3 dimensions...

There are far too many things planned and never constructed...I think about it often when I eat in the Spain pavilion or walk through Beastly Kingdom...

Those Things were advertised in the parks...by Disney...and nothing. All plans are tentative...it's ok to not talk about it. Or just say it as "planned" or "rumored" it's the proper context.

I don't see what the big problem is with some of us believing what they say. They have been right on pretty much. And no this doesn't involve "spirit", he's been silent for months now as he said he was taking a break dealing with the Disney internet world.

The issue is not whether it's been budgeted for, but whether it will happen. I think it's highly likely we will see Phase 3 (phase 4 is much shakier) but the fact something has been budgeted is not a guarantee. Budgets change. And that's not just a Disney thing, I've had it happen to me on projects. It can even happen after the project has started. If the economy tanks, if something Disney runs into trouble at one of the other parks, that money could evaporate.

On a more positive note Universal's continued aggressive development makes a phase 3 and phase 4 more in Disney's interest.

This particular thing keeps getting presented as fact...and the only facts you will ever see with theme park construction are those in 3 dimensions...

There are far too many things planned and never constructed...I think about it often when I eat in the Spain pavilion or walk through Beastly Kingdom...

Those Things were advertised in the parks...by Disney...and nothing. All plans are tentative...it's ok to not talk about it. Or just say it as "planned" or "rumored" it's the proper context.
Ok yes I'll agree a lot of that gets presented as fact. That's what I kind of wanted to avoid in this thread.

We all know @lockedoutlogic puts credible insiders in the same category as Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, but you an I know that there are trusted source on the boards. The current information on the phases comes from pretty credible sources. Phase 1, Toy Story, Phase 2 Star Wars, Phase 3 is pretty sure to happen, and will likely be Pixar, although the exact content is still up in the air, and Phase 4 is being considered but might not happen, at least not short term.

If people aren't interested in speculating over rumors, they should just stay off these boards and read the Disney Parks Blog instead. I understand that plans change, but if people take anything they read on the internet (Disney or otherwise) as 100% proven fact that it their problem. For me there is a valuable distinction between someone who randomly posting the boards that the Carousel of Progress is being moved to the Smithsonian, and someone who has a good track record for accurate information say that DHS is going to get a Phase 3.

This concludes my rambling. :)

Last edited:
We all know @lockedoutlogic puts credible insiders in the same category as Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, but you an I know that there are trusted source on the boards. The current information on the phases comes from pretty credible sources. Phase 1, Toy Story, Phase 2 Star Wars, Phase 3 is pretty sure to happen, and will likely be Pixar, although the exact content is still up in the air, and Phase 4 is being considered but might not happen, at least not short term.

If people aren't interested in speculating over rumors, they should just stay off these boards and read the Disney Parks Blog instead. I understand that plans change, but if people take anything they read on the internet (Disney or otherwise) as 100% proven fact that it their problem. For me there is a valuable distinction between someone who randomly posting the boards that the Carousel of Progress is being moved to the Smithsonian, and someone who has a good track record for accurate information say that DHS is going to get a Phase 3.

This concludes my rambling. :)

Lol...what a way to brush away recent history and conveniently prop up rumors...

There are examples...as you well know...that support apprehension.

I love rumors...I caution the language when presenting as more than simply unconfirmed rumors that aren't in the constuction phase. That was the point and it keeps zooming past the tower.

Disney said they're planning a Star Wars area and a toy story land...why isn't that enough to talk about?

You yourself typed "phase 4"...you're running out the clock in the first quarter of the game. Why bother talking about it if it's not even on the horizon yet?

Agree to disagree...as is often the case.

And on another note...would a second Pixar area not be incredibly redundant if you have 5 toy story attractions? That is why they are doing toy story is it not? Because that property serves the right demographics from both the female and male demographics more than any other Pixar property?

Or is it the obsession with a cloned vroom vroom land? We back there?

But both Spain and Beastly Kingdom were facts. Them not getting built doesn't change that fact that they were going to hap
Lol...what a way to brush away recent history and conveniently prop up rumors...

There are examples...as you well know...that support apprehension.

I love rumors...I caution the language when presenting as more than simply unconfirmed rumors that aren't in the constuction phase. That was the point and it keeps zooming past the tower.

Disney said they're planning a Star Wars area and a toy story land...why isn't that enough to talk about?

You yourself typed "phase 4"...you're running out the clock in the first quarter of the game. Why bother talking about it if it's not even on the horizon yet?

Agree to disagree...as is often the case.

And on another note...would a second Pixar area not be incredibly redundant if you have 5 toy story attractions? That is why they are doing toy story is it not? Because that property serves the right demographics from both the female and male demographics more than any other Pixar property?

Or is it the obsession with a cloned vroom vroom land? We back there?

I bother talking about phase 4 because someone who I trust to provide good information has indicated that this is under serious consideration.

Why would additional Pixar attractions be redundant? Magic Kingdom had 10 attractions based on Disney animated movies but they still chose to add one more and replace one with the Fantasyland Expansion.

BTW, what's the 5th Toy Story attraction? Midway Mania, TSL Spinner, TSL Coaster, Buzz Light Year, the fifth is escaping me?

But both Spain and Beastly Kingdom were facts. Them not getting built doesn't change that fact that they were going to hap

I bother talking about phase 4 because someone who I trust to provide good information has indicated that this is under serious consideration.

Why would additional Pixar attractions be redundant? Magic Kingdom had 10 attractions based on Disney animated movies but they still chose to add one more and replace one with the Fantasyland Expansion.

BTW, what's the 5th Toy Story attraction? Midway Mania, TSL Spinner, TSL Coaster, Buzz Light Year, the fifth is escaping me?

I took a guess at 5...I don't pour through the early "announcements" because they are year away...learnt my lessons there.

Animated movies are spread out over 100 years of Disney entire history. A little different. You're playing devil's advocate...I get it.

In backwards order...the first two paragraphs are the crux of my caution. Neither you're "in the know" source or the guy that painted the Spain sign in Epcot in 1983 had any control over the damn budget...which means they are basically presented a rumor. And that's ok - I just cringe when it comes out as fact. So I can't go with "phase 3 is budgeted and phase for is in planning"

It honestly had no merit now. And if they do in fact go just that way - that doesn't vindicate the rumor now...it means somebody way above choose to go with that plan and fund it.

Imagineering has no power to will the money to it. We all know.

I understand but yes I'm with the credible sources for now until they prove me otherwise.

I'm leaning towards you.

Keep updating.

I remember last spring you were saying Star Wars was coming to DHS and some on here would not believe it. But now its "ph 3" or "ph 4" might not happen, or might take too long? Ph1 and 2 sound pretty amazing already, and many said they would never happen.

I'm leaning towards you.

Keep updating.

I remember last spring you were saying Star Wars was coming to DHS and some on here would not believe it. But now its "ph 3" or "ph 4" might not happen, or might take too long? Ph1 and 2 sound pretty amazing already, and many said they would never happen.

Nobody is changing what they think around here...nor would anyone expect it.

The good news is that if they build stuff...we can all talk about it in a constructive, Pom Pom free environment ...

The reality is that neither side on the "I've heard" debate is right more than 50% of the time...if they're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter