DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the areas that are in play, they're going to start with the Yellow Toy Story Area and the Gray Area that is currently trees and swamp... beyond that is anyone's guess, but they could add quite a lot if they wanted to
Hollywood-park-Dec2015.jpg

These are the areas that are in play, they're going to start with the Yellow Toy Story Area and the Gray Area that is currently trees and swamp... beyond that is anyone's guess, but they could add quite a lot if they wanted to

There is a lot to work with.

That blue area is a big question mark...because I don't think that echo lake or the stunt show are in play as it stands...
The Lower entrance to the parking lot is gone...we can all pretty much bank that.

The purple and red areas are most intriguing...as they are the graveyard of the studios and continue to be just a lazy mothballing effort.

I've wondered about if they'd ever make something of that park since the first time I saw it - 1990...
...here's hoping nothing gets derailed or down scaled.

First reference I have seen to an extension of the monorail line from Epcot. Would do wonderful things for the park in increasing attendance.

First reference I have seen to an extension of the monorail line from Epcot. Would do wonderful things for the park in increasing attendance.
Need to source out who created the map. This one could have come from someone doing armchair Imagineering by creating the entire map based on every rumor they have heard. It is similar to others I've seen from the "insiders", but not the same. A monorail line to AK is very, very wishful thinking and has not (to my knowledge) been put forward from any credible source. You have a better chance of being hit by a meteor just as lightning strikes you while cashing in your winning lottery jackpot ticket.

Last edited:

I believe there was a better map posted earlier from wdwmagic

There is a lot to work with.

That blue area is a big question mark...because I don't think that echo lake or the stunt show are in play as it stands...
The Lower entrance to the parking lot is gone...we can all pretty much bank that.

The purple and red areas are most intriguing...as they are the graveyard of the studios and continue to be just a lazy mothballing effort.

I've wondered about if they'd ever make something of that park since the first time I saw it - 1990...
...here's hoping nothing gets derailed or down scaled.
Correct echo lake is supposed to stay.

Red would be phase 3 purple phase 4

Need to source out who created the map. This one could have come from someone doing armchair Imagineering by creating the entire map based on every rumor they have heard. It is similar to others I've seen from the "insiders", but not the same. A monorail line to AK is very, very wishful thinking and has not (to my knowledge) been put forward from any credible source. You have a better chance of being hit by a meteor just as lightning strikes you while cashing in your winning lottery jackpot ticket.
Monorail is not being expanded that's wishful thinking.

image.jpg

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Orange - changes / enhancements
Purple - infrastructure

From Martin at wdwmagic

So it's changed recently then? I thought Toy story was going to take over Animation courtyard but now it seems that's the Blu area of phase 4?

View attachment 138956

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Orange - changes / enhancements
Purple - infrastructure

From Martin at wdwmagic

This is the map people should be paying attention to. Not everything on here may actually happen but it represents the discussions that are happneing and the potential plans under consideration. There's not going to be anything crazy like a monorail expansion if you look at what they're talking about for Star Wars you can see this would be an actual expansion. And there's a lot of room for phases 3 and 4 if we ever get there.

I trust only the shovels, baby...

Call be a heel...but nobody will ever accuse me of "you said they were building something and that was 15 years ago...where is it!?!!"

Like Russia pavilion in Epcot or Hyperion wharf
Did those things have permits filed before they never happened? I don't know the answer to that question but I do know this project already has permits filed so that would lead me to believe that something is happening.

Did those things have permits filed before they never happened? I don't know the answer to that question but I do know this project already has permits filed so that would lead me to believe that something is happening.

I believe Hyperion wharf did...early groundwork only.

The world showcase phase II may have...but that was long before the google.

And as you have stated 18 different times...only roadwork and swamp permits have been filed.

The first two parts are going to happen...that was never my contention...but I honestly also don't think they wouldn't have move the entrance point to the lots even if they weren't expanding the parks...

It never made any sense after magical express and the reduction of car traffic over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter