• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Finally looks like we can book soon. I've never seen them turn blue in the am, and on Sunday.

As for the openings now in March, yep, my March 18th date now has openings, was sold out.
I am going to hope it is because of the Fridays, but I fear it is just more people. :(

I do not like what I just saw..

Mondays and Wednesdays were all sold out for February and March. Now as of this morning, there are remaining tickets for ALL DATES in February and March. It looks like they are adding more tickets.

I have been looking 4-5 times a day for the past 2 weeks and everything was always sold out (Although I managed to finally grab a spot on March 6th).

Thoughts ?
did you test to see how many tickets were available?

I see dates in August but can’t book...has anyone been able to book it?
I just checked too and saw my August date "open" but when I tried to book it said there were no tickets available (need 4)....so I came here! Do we think it's already sold out or the tickets aren't actually released yet?! Hoping it's the latter.

I just checked too and saw my August date "open" but when I tried to book it said there were no tickets available (need 4)....so I came here! Do we think it's already sold out or the tickets aren't actually released yet?! Hoping it's the latter.
Probably not released yet. It took a day when they opened up May dates

I am confused. We have tickets for this morning event for 4/29. I have read that the breakfast is at the commissary, and then i read that it was at the backlog express. What is the current status of this? THANKS!

The typical pattern is to have dates turn blue, but if you try to book it says that no tables are available. Then within a day or so, you can actually book those dates for a 7:30 am slot.

Once those 7:30 slots are sold, they may or may not add 7:00 slots.

EVERYONE is let in at the same time, so 7:00 vs. 7:30 makes NO difference. And from reports, it is still a great experience, even with both time slots open.

The breakfast has been at Backlot Express for a little while now. Same food, new location.

Just a quick review of our experience with this event on Monday, Feb. 18th - overall it was FANTASTIC!!! this trip was just DH and I and I wasn't sure how he would feel about me buying extra tickets for this so I kept it quiet and then let him know I had a "surprise" for him..

We stayed at the Swan and left the room about 6:35am-ish and it took 10-12 minutes to get there and basically walked right up to a CM and got our bands and then walked right through the gates into the park!

We headed to Backlot express for coffee and a danish and then back to the area in front of the Chinese theater and waited with everyone else. They let us in just before 7:20am and we went with the whole crowd to Slinky Dog - we were able to ride 4 times in a row!!

We then headed to TSM and rode that 4 times in a row with the last 2 rides we didnt have to get off the ride!

When we got off TSM the last time at 8:45am we were greeted with the Slinky Dog line stretching all the way out of Toy Story Land and up to the Little Mermaid ride!! YIKES!!

We then we went back to Backlot Express and got breakfast - DH and I both ordered the kids meal scrambled eggs w/ potato barrels and the chicken and waffle - both were DELICIOUS!!

I then had a FP+ for TSM which brought our ride total to 5 times on TSM.

I then had a FP+ for Muppets, then got a FP+ for the 12pm Indiana Jones. During the show I checked FP+ and was able to get a FP+ for Slinky Dog at 2:30 (which was ride #5 for the day) and then after that got a FP+ for Alien Saucers at 4:05pm.

It was a successful day!

Total rides for the day:
Slinky Dog x 5
TSM x 5
Alien Saucers x 1
Muppets x 1
Indiana Jones x 1

and a lunch at Sci-Fi

DH has already asked that I make sure I book this again when we come with the boys in June 2020..

Can't wait!

Yes I've been hoping for the 7 am slot to open for a May trip. And just this morning that time is there but it says "no tables available". Surely it didn't sell out so fast? So for those of you with experience is this typical? They put the time there but it's not actually able to be booked yet? Fingers crossed that this is the case.

Just a quick review of our experience with this event on Monday, Feb. 18th - overall it was FANTASTIC!!! this trip was just DH and I and I wasn't sure how he would feel about me buying extra tickets for this so I kept it quiet and then let him know I had a "surprise" for him..

Thanks for the report! Did you have a 7:00am or 7:30am ticket? Was it checked/did it seem to matter?

We did the event on 2/20 (I think--my trip has become a blur). It was a great event, especially during a busy week!

We got to the park right around 6:55, and check in was a breeze. We went straight to the line by the Chinese Theater, and was a bit disappointed that they didn't lead us back until right at 7:30.

We went to Swirling Saucers and rode twice without getting off, then went to Slinky Dog. Rode 3 or 4 times--had to get off each time, but the wait was short. Then, we went to Midway Mania and rode once.

At that point, it was 8:40 or so, and decided to leave and head to Rockin Rollercoaster, hoping to avoid the rope drop crush. We didn't pass the rope drop crowd until we were at the main hub area--so it seems like they didn't let them back until right at 9. I appreciated that they really did give the breakfast folks the full time, even if we didn't get another ride in before leaving Toy Story Land.

We rode Rockin Rollercoaster and then Tower of Terror, then headed back to breakfast.

I had the shrimp and grits, which was quite good. My DD had the chicken and donuts with the sauce on the side. The donuts were AMAZING. We also had the avocado toast and chillaquiles--both were also good.

At that point, we were super pleased with all we had been able to accomplish in such, and we headed back to the condo to take a nap before heading back out to the parks later in the day.

We'd definitely do it again, especially during busy times. It's brutal to get up and going that early in the morning for my family, but we were definitely glad to be able to ride SDD multiple times, as well as all the other rides.

What time do Woody and Jessie come out? Last EMM that was the longest line even though it was a paid event i felt it was excessing i think we waited 30 minutes towards the end of EMM. I am getting that out of the way first for sure this go round

Still hoping for DAHs to be announced for this summer but at least I can make my back up EMM plans for this soon!

What time do Woody and Jessie come out? Last EMM that was the longest line even though it was a paid event i felt it was excessing i think we waited 30 minutes towards the end of EMM. I am getting that out of the way first for sure this go round

Following. Waiting for Woody and Jessie was by far the biggest mistake we made during our first DHS EMM. We hope to see them first this time before moving onto rides.

Yes I've been hoping for the 7 am slot to open for a May trip. And just this morning that time is there but it says "no tables available". Surely it didn't sell out so fast? So for those of you with experience is this typical? They put the time there but it's not actually able to be booked yet? Fingers crossed that this is the case.
See Previous poster’s comment about this (post #2630).

Around 7:30. When I went in Dec, I went to AS2 then got in line for them and was 5th in line so was done by 7:40

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter