DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I'm a little disappointed in the menu options. I was hoping for a more generic breakfast option for my kids.

Mexican Corn Chilaquiles and Eggs Bowl
Shrimp and Southern Grits Bowl
Fried Chicken and Cinnamon Sugar French Donut Bowl
Smashed Avocado Toast Egg Plate
Breakfast Charcuterie Platter
I want to eat all of these things but I don't necessarily want to eat them at 9 AM :lmao:

I'm so bummed!! I have been looking at the 10/22 date for a week but was gun shy about a full charge up front with no cancellation. I just read here that it is acutally a hold with 1 day cancellation so I went to book and there's no availability!:sad: When I was checking before only the 7:30am time slot was showing up and tonight it gave 7 or 7:30. Praying this opens up again!
*Edited to add that I changed my party size from 2 down to 1 and it gave me availability at 7:30am. I proceeded to book and figured out that you do have to pay in advance, but it has a 1 day cancellation policy.

I’m vegetarian too, so initially I assumed I would only have the avocado option, but I think the Mexican Corn Chilaquiles and Eggs Bowl might also be vegetarian. I’m definitely going to ask.

They say that pastries will be available for everyone, and maybe that will include the doughnuts too. Alternatively, it looks like the avocado thing (which looks revolting in the photo, IMO) comes with salad, so maybe you could that they substitute the doughnuts. It’s worth a shot.

I agree with you that I’m surprised they aren’t feeding us from Andy’s Lunchbox. Though I don’t think they have brilliant vegetarian options either (esp if they can’t even make a chocolate pop tart without adding bacon to it - I’m still bitter about that!).

hit wrong button, early still in the day... but tigger, if you find out about mexican item if it's vegetarian please let us know. And I'm not into eating a salad for breakfast. And yes, disappointed the pop tart has bacon on it, but that's in a separate thread i guess !

Yesterday afternoon the 7am slot for 10/17 showed up but was not available to book. This morning both the 7am and 730am slots are available so I moved my 730am res to 7am....not sure if it will really matter but one less thing to check on 5x daily.....

I'm so bummed!! I have been looking at the 10/22 date for a week but was gun shy about a full charge up front with no cancellation. I just read here that it is acutally a hold with 1 day cancellation so I went to book and there's no availability!:sad: When I was checking before only the 7:30am time slot was showing up and tonight it gave 7 or 7:30. Praying this opens up again!
*Edited to add that I changed my party size from 2 down to 1 and it gave me availability at 7:30am. I proceeded to book and figured out that you do have to pay in advance, but it has a 1 day cancellation policy.
Looks like they just opened for booking. I changed my 10/15 day to 7 am. The 10/22 was open as well.

My DH will not do coasters either and he won't do Aliens because of motion sickness. I also suffer from motion sickness myself so that attraction may also not be something I can't do either. I'm on the fence about that one. I'm not much of a coaster person myself but I do want to do SDD and of course we both would do TSM. I still want to do this because it will save an FP and I have no idea how hard SDD will be to get but I have to think about the price and doing other events this December. :confused: I also just caught the menu for this and it looks really good!

I was able to book my FP for SDD on my 60+4 day, so if it's just FP availability that's making you nervous, you should be okay as long as you are going for more than 4 days.

I think the restaurant doesn't open for breakfast until 8:30am, not like MK that opens at 8:00am. I would assume you could pop in and out from 8:30 - 10a, but you may not want to do that. I think our plan will be to do what we do at MK, go rope drop a few things and then come back at 9:30a for breakfast. But I will wait for reports before making a game plan.

That is kind of a bummer. We kind of went in and out at the MK…we'd grab a coffee and a pastry and then ride some rides and go back for coffee or juice, etc., and then went back to eat a full breakfast at the very end of EMM. I don't know if I can function that long without coffee…especially since we'll be getting up so early!

Also, Where is the food in relation to TSL? Is it even feasible to go in and out or is it so far away that it would be a waste of time?

Yesterday afternoon the 7am slot for 10/17 showed up but was not available to book. This morning both the 7am and 730am slots are available so I moved my 730am res to 7am....not sure if it will really matter but one less thing to check on 5x daily.....

Thank you for posting this! I just changed my slot to 7 am as well…we are also going on 10/17!

1A1AAD04-D1ED-4558-880F-6AF8300756EF.jpeg [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
That is kind of a bummer. We kind of went in and out at the MK…we'd grab a coffee and a pastry and then ride some rides and go back for coffee or juice, etc., and then went back to eat a full breakfast at the very end of EMM. I don't know if I can function that long without coffee…especially since we'll be getting up so early!

Also, Where is the food in relation to TSL? Is it even feasible to go in and out or is it so far away that it would be a waste of time?
I don’t think it’s feasible to go in and out of. I think that’s why they made it at 8:30 because you have to physically leave TSL to get to the food. I think the idea is you will eat breakfast after you are done with TSL. This is a picture of the map and the route to get to the QS. Our plan will be to have our coffee at our hotel before coming in along with giving my son a little something to hold him over.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s feasible to go in and out of. I think that’s why they made it at 8:30 because you have to physically leave TSL to get to the food. I think the idea is you will eat breakfast after you are done with TSL

Thanks. In that case, I'll just grab a coffee before heading to DHS :drinking1

Has anyone who has switched from 7:30 to 7 on their own had any trouble with getting their money back from the 7:30 time? I see my date has a 7:00 added. That’s the only thing that has me nervous on pulling the trigger to switch times.

Has anyone who has switched from 7:30 to 7 on their own had any trouble with getting their money back from the 7:30 time? I see my date has a 7:00 added. That’s the only thing that has me nervous on pulling the trigger to switch times.

I just did it this morning, but I hope not!

I called and they switched it for me. I paid with a gift card though so not sure if there was a refund/recharge but it was the same confirmation number for the event.

I can't speak to this because I just switched this morning but when they cancelled my MK EMM day I had my money back within a few days. When I changed the time on my HS EMM this morning it asked me if I wanted to cancel my 7:30 and then I received confirmation emails for both the new time and the cancelled time. I don't think there will be an issue getting your money back.

I canceled my 7:30 time slot (and booked a 7:00 time slot) on 9/4. My refund for the 7:30 time I canceled showed up the following day 9/5.

I switched online and got my money refunded to my card in about 2-3 days with no trouble. Edit: I’m in the U.K. and it can take a little longer than it would with an American card.

hit wrong button, early still in the day... but tigger, if you find out about mexican item if it's vegetarian please let us know. And I'm not into eating a salad for breakfast. And yes, disappointed the pop tart has bacon on it, but that's in a separate thread i guess !

I’m going on 8th October and will definitely report back. I really have no interest in a salad for breakfast either! :crazy2:

Ok guys. I switched my reservation to the 7:00 time. Hopefully it was the right decision.

I just switched my reservation to 7:00 AM on the 22nd as well. I can't imagine the 7:00 time would be any disadvantage and maybe you will get a slight advantage, but realistically i bet we will all be let in the same time.

I have cancelled dessert parties before and the refunds usually show up on your credit card in 1-2 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter