DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

This sounds great, I'm looking forward to next month when they have the 7am and 7:30am reservations and seeing if this still sounds like it's as great. I have 12/10 booked and I'm selfishly hoping they keep it only to 7:30 reservations so they don't over sell it and it stays like it sounds like it was today.

This sounds great, I'm looking forward to next month when they have the 7am and 7:30am reservations and seeing if this still sounds like it's as great. I have 12/10 booked and I'm selfishly hoping they keep it only to 7:30 reservations so they don't over sell it and it stays like it sounds like it was today.

We are going the same day.. and that's all I can hope for!!!

We have the 7am entry but I hope we can eat after 9. If I am going to ride slinky dog 5 times in a row I definitely dont want to eat first! Does anyone know where the food is served? Is it just one location.

What is the crowd level like at DHS if I don't get this package? Should I avoid the park on Monday and Wednesday mornings and go to a different one?

I switched my HS and EP days to do this. I've been watching this thread for awhile. I'm really getting excited now!

When riding Toy Story Mania during EMM, do you have to leave your vehicle after each ride or can you just stay and continue? When we did "old" EMM we could just stay in our vehicle and it was pretty cool!

Thanks

I'd be curious if things change from the first day opening with all of the media there. maybe lighter crowds kept that way on purpose to show media people how great it is then after today overselling. or one entree per person instead of as many as you want after today. personally, would love the vegetarian item but wouldn't mind grabbing a donut too!

I'd be curious if things change from the first day opening with all of the media there. maybe lighter crowds kept that way on purpose to show media people how great it is then after today overselling. or one entree per person instead of as many as you want after today. personally, would love the vegetarian item but wouldn't mind grabbing a donut too!

I did wonder the same thing, since it’s a brand new event and waits in Toy Story Land have been lower than people were expecting. So I guess is that the media event will be more about convincing people to attend, rather than a focus on the crowds. The reason I’m saying this is because it didn’t seem to work that way on opening night of MNSSHP this year - every media channel I saw who attended the media event at the first party talked a lot about the high crowd levels.

However, it will be interesting to hear the reports of the next few days, and esp first one that has a 7am and 7:30am division.

I think this is very different though. The reason they didn't have a 7am is likely because media people were also invited.

EMM is specifically marketed at having lower crowds. Today may have been "extra" low, but I can't imagine there being a material difference.

I think this is very different though. The reason they didn't have a 7am is likely because media people were also invited.

EMM is specifically marketed at having lower crowds. Today may have been "extra" low, but I can't imagine there being a material difference.

That’s a fair point. I had a look at the small print for both the EMM and MNSSHP, and EMM does specify low wait times and the fact that the number of tickets is limited. I was (naively) surprised that they sold out the first MNSSHP and then held a media event on top, but there is no good reason, except short term financial gain, for them to let the media see EMM as anything other than very quiet and ultra-exclusive.

That’s a fair point. I had a look at the small print for both the EMM and MNSSHP, and EMM does specify low wait times and the fact that the number of tickets is limited. I was (naively) surprised that they sold out the first MNSSHP and then held a media event on top, but there is no good reason, except short term financial gain, for them to let the media see EMM as anything other than very quiet and ultra-exclusive.
I'm sure the Vloggers not invited today will be doing one of the next EMM, so we will get a real feel for the EMM as well. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter