Did you stay DVC before buying?

Did you stay in a DVC resort before purchasing?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, booked a SSR package for Thanksgiving on expedia. I was looking for 2br type villa/condos and it popped up. We did the tour at 8am Thanksgiving morning. Made the deposit the following week.

We bought 175pts at BCV sight unseen. We then visted (just a walk through) and then added 50 more points. So far, we've only stayed there for 2 nights.

We didn't even do a tour. If we weren't so pleased, I would really wonder what we were thinking of...that was a lot of money to put out without seeing the product. We used our imagination and luckily, we were right!

rwc

We purchased SSR sight unseen also.

We have a family of 6 and our first stay at WDW was in the cabins at Ft. Wilderness.

After we came home we discussed how much better our trip had been if only we'd had a washer and dryer in our room (it rained and rained and rained that trip)

Well I sent away for DVC stuff (we ran past every kiosk at WDW) after we got home and decided within a week that it was for us!

We've gone on three DVC trips so far and we're heading back in June and Nov of this year.

We can't wait to try all of the WDW DVC resorts. We've tried OKW, SSR and VWL in June.

I rented two years in a row before buying - I wasn't going to ever buy b/c it was so easy to rent. Then, all the speculation and rumors concerning "commercial" renters surfaced and we decided to buy in case our "source" was shut down. Now, I am wishing I would have bought earlier and put that "rent" money towards the actual DVC purchase!

Not only did we not stay at DVC before buying at SSR last September, we have never stayed on property!

We loved the 2 bedroom condos offsite at Vistana including the full kitchens, a place to relax in the middle of the day and a 2nd bedroom to put the kids to bed at a reasonable time. DVC provided a way for us to stay on property with the amenities we enjoyed offsite.

Now, only 30 days until our first trip to SSR!

Stayed at OKW, BCV then BWV fell in love there and bought there.

We didnt stay DVC but in 2001 we did stay a week at the WL. At the end we actually added on another 3 nights (suppose to go to MILs but she agreed we could stay at WL). While we were there we took the DVC tour and bought into the VWL.

We bought after touring a second time. The first time we took the tour we were staying at Coronado Springs, and loved SSR. But thought it was cheaper to stay moderate. After staying at Contemporary and then Boardwalk Inn this past Nov, we decided we wouldn't pass up the F&F deal. Between staying at a deluxe resort twice and visiting four years in a row it was time.

I bought BCV before it was completed, so I did not stay where I bought, but I had rented points at BWV. I wanted the BCV location.

When we bought DVC we had never stayed onsite at Disney before. We thought we could not afford it. We stayed offsite in November 2001 at a Westgate timeshare we rented off the TUG board. We had been looking for a few years for a timeshare that "fit" us and did lots of tours during our vacations. On that particular trip we did the Westgate "tour" :eek: one day and the Disney "tour" :) the next. We bought into VWL sight unseen (well, we did get to see the model unit). Thank goodness we didn't buy anywhere before we went to Disney. :yay:

I think we got you all beat! (not necessarily recommended) We bought at BCV before we went to WDW as a family ( I went 15yrs earlier as a child). Big gamble but it paid off. We spent that trips money on DVC instead of 1 or 2 hotel rooms.

I was hooked after our first stay at OKW (grand villa) in 2003. It took one more stay at OKW in 2005 to convince my DH. He then realized once you've experienced the DVC resorts you can't go back to a regular hotel room.

Yes, we stayed at SSR before buying in. We took the tour not knowing much about it and then 2 months later we are now DVC owners. Can't wait to go home again:yay: :yay: :yay:

We drove from Longboat Key near Sarasota where we were on vacation just to see the newly opened Disney Vacation Club. We brought our oldest daughter who was 4 (she's 19 now) and stayed one night in a one bedroom unit. We had just had twin daughters who were only 6 months old (they're now 15) and we knew we'd need space. It was love at first sight. We bought the next day and have never regretted it.
John

Bought SSR site unseen while on the Magic. Stopped and took a tour before heading home from the cruise. (I did do alot of research before hand.) No regrets except not doing it sooner.

We didn't, my brother honeymooned there 30 years ago and loved the place. They bought in to DVC and went every year. He was smart, I thought is was a lot of money to vacation at the same place all the time. In 2004 I bought in at a much higher price then my brother (my bad). Lucked out some, my sister in law was a cast member in massachusetts and got my self and sister a family discount. I live 80 miles from disney, we go a lot.

We did not tour.
We had never stayed on-site.
Our last trip to WDW was 6 years before.

However, we viewed the DVD and researched on DISboards and reading Unofficial Guide and Passporter and asking questions of our guide and we felt it was right for us.

Our first visit to SSR (our home) was fantastic. The resort exceeded our expectations and we are very happy with our decision. We had financed for a year, which is all done now, and we're looking forward to many years of happy vacationing!

We had not stayed in a villa but we had stayed at WL, BC and BWI so we had a pretty good idea of what those resorts offered. The trip we took the tour we were actually in our tent at Ft Wilderness :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter