Did you stay DVC before buying?

Did you stay in a DVC resort before purchasing?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nope and we couldn't cause The Disney Vacation Club (way before it was OKW) wasn't even built yet. We went in with just our trust in Disney and they have never let us down!!

We purchased DVC while staying at the GF for our honeymoon. We saw the DVC CM sitting infront of the Grand Floridian Cafe, asked a couple of questions, and set up the tour. We joined that afternoon! That's the only kind of business you should do on vacation!

Nope, looked for five years, kept drooling and finally took a look. Only SSR was available and with continual prodding found out I could buy resales at other resorts. Loved BCV and bought there. Never regretted it. Would like to buy another small contract but Uncle Sam seems to be taking all the extra money this year to do whatever they actually do with all our money. But I'm not starting a thread about that!:laughing:

didn't even stay on-site. but when we saw the BW area we looked into DVC on the DIS when we got home and then it happened, we were hooked. bought resale at TTS in 2002 and added on in 2003 through Disney.

Nope, but did tour at the Old Key West visitor's center back in 85, and again at SSR in 05.

We stayed with friends that were DVC members at the boardwalk on our 2004 vacation, that sold us and we've never regretted our decision :cheer2: :cheer2:

Got the DVC video years ago and decided it didn't work for me as I always found great discounts on deluxes. I then discovered these boards, rented at BWV and got hooked. I bought a few months later.

No, we were staying at the CBR when we took a tour of the mock-up at BWV. We didn't purchase right away but did a few months later.

No - didn't need to. We've been really happy with our previous accomodations / trips to WDW & DL & knew we were buying the equivalent of a "deluxe" resort... Plus we know that we'll probably hop around & try diff. ones ea. time we go - that being said - Disney is awesome so we didn't feel the need to try a test rest! If you've ever stayed on-site before you should know you'll be staying at a great property regardless of which one you choose to visit! :cool1:

We bought site unseen, we have never even been to WDW yet. Our first trip is this year. We bought SSR at DL, before they had the show rooms there.

We had a horrible hotel experience that particular trip, we were walking back from Splash Mtn at park close, and ran into the DVC cart. We made an appt for a "tour" and the rest is history as they say.

I answered no. We stayed at the WL on an AP discount and took the tour and then purchased.

Technically, we were not staying at a DVC, but we did stay at a DVC sister resort and that pretty much finalized our decision.

Edward

Not only did we not stay at any DVC resort before we bought, DH didn't even take the tour before we bought. Did anyone else buy without taking the tour even? I just took the tour as "something to do" on a solo trip. What a great decision-and thank you, Glenn, for taking me as a serious prospect.
Although we didn't stay at any DVC resorts before we bought, I really wish we had. If we had, no doubt we would have bought at a different resort, which we loved once we stayed there.

I did not stay in a DVC before buying. Staying in an All-Star with five people (one in a crib) was enough to make me buy. No more double beds!!!!

Not only did we not stay at any DVC resort before we bought, DH didn't even take the tour before we bought. Did anyone else buy without taking the tour even? I just took the tour as "something to do" on a solo trip. What a great decision-and thank you, Glenn, for taking me as a serious prospect.
Although we didn't stay at any DVC resorts before we bought, I really wish we had. If we had, no doubt we would have bought at a different resort, which we loved once we stayed there.

I didn't take the tour - bought sight unseen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter