Did you stay DVC before buying?

Did you stay in a DVC resort before purchasing?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wish I would of known about DIS for our first two trips. We stayed at the Disney Institute for our first trip and OKW for our second, both in 2 bedrooms through CRO with rack rates (ouch).

We purchased SSR sight unseen because we loved the location when it was the Disney Institute. No regrets we love SSR.

Our third trip we rented points at SSR since we didn't decided to purchase a resale contract until after our reservation was made. We closed right after our trip. Our family enjoyed it so much they convinced me to purchase an add-on two months later.

We didn't. The lightbulb went on this time last year and we rented pts for our June 06 stay and then we bought our small VWL contract right after that. Then added on in September at SSR.

We did stat at SSR but we had not known about DVC and didn't really know what to expect. A friend had rented the points and planned our yearly MNSSH trip. I was very impressed once we arrived and took the tour. We just bought in under the promo and will be taking our first trip home this October :woohoo:

We bought BWV without ever having stayed there. Then we bought VWL without having stayed there, either. Luckily, we loved DVC when we did go "home" for the first time.

wow...glad to see i'm not the only one...

I have stayed at WL....loved it so much bought 150pts...

I figured it is better than the room at the lodge....

how could i go wrong:confused3

Waiting to close:hourglass
Cant wait to make my first ressie:banana:
Kerri

I voted NO. We were aware of DVC when we stayed at Dixie Landings in 1993, but we did not go on the tour. It wasn't until two years later when I got a rather nice bonus at work and decided to plan a last minute summertime trip to WDW. I decided to give DVC a look and decided that it made a great deal of sense for us to purchase. We make the phone call and said that if we could get a ressie at the Disney Vacation Club (this was before it was renamed Old Key West), that we would like to purchase 210 points. We signed the paperwork, made the reservation, and three weeks later we were at our new "home". Things happened so quickly that we were actually still within the window where we could back out of the contract, but it would have cost us thousands of dollars to do so because we would have had to pay for not only the 2 bedroom suite for 7 nights, but also the length of stay passes (that were part of the incentive to purchase DVC). Needless to say, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and eventually added on 230 points in 1999. And we have never regretted our decision.

wow...glad to see i'm not the only one...

I have stayed at WL....loved it so much bought 150pts...

I figured it is better than the room at the lodge....

how could i go wrong:confused3

Waiting to close:hourglass
Cant wait to make my first ressie:banana:
Kerri

Ditto... We stayed at WL on our Honeymoon years ago and decided to purchase this year too... Also waiting to close :dance3:

We were staying at CBR resort. We had just finished the MK underground tour. When they said the tour was over we just happened to be in front of the DVC office on Main street. We took the tour and made a down payment on the day we left.

We bought never having stayed at a DVC or onsite. Well actually we had stayed onsite a couple of months before at the Contemporary during a medical conference (but that trip was paid by someone else). We saw SSR from DTD and stopped for info. DH was hooked by the thought of parking our car the first day and not moving it again until we left. Plus the room charging was a plus to him. My big plus was not having to plunk down that big ole check for our reservation each time. 4 months later we added on a second contract.

We sure did and that is what sold us. We stayed at OKW for a week and fell in love. Bought shortly there after.

We were staying at the Dolphin and on our last day walked over to the BWV for a tour. We purchased that same day...and got a Peter Pan fastpass as a reward.:rolleyes:

Yes, We had stayed at WL 3 times so I went on line and found someone that rented the VWL villa out. Stayed in a Studio. Asked Houskeeping to let us see a one bedroom. I came home and figured out how to buy a resale for VWL. Now I own 3.

Nope - we had stayed in the Fairfield timeshare on their one-year trial "Discovery" plan and some other timeshare-from-hell on one of those trial trips that was so bad I've blocked the name from my memory.

We'd also stayed in moderate resorts several times and at POP once (long enough for me to say I'd never do a value again).

I stayed at Vero Beach with a friend who was a DVC member a year before I bought SSR. The day we left VB, we stopped at SSR for a tour before heading to OIA. Once I saw that, I knew I wanted to buy in myself.

i did not know that you could. obviously i had not found this dis site before that time.

i had several really scarry experiences with viewing and discussing other time share organizatiions and vacation clubs. i mean really scarry!! :scared1: like being held imprisoned and the only way out was to buy. my advice to anyone considering those is run as fast as you can.

all i had to do was talk to my dvc guide for a few minutes to know that dvc would uphold the same great reputation that disney always had. i fell in love with it at that time and have not changed my feeling. i am now headed toward my fourth visit since purchase and can't wait.:yay:

you can now use dvc pts for adventures by disney trips also. when i took the abd trip to italy i paid in currency but when i do that again (and i will) i will use my points.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter