Dine with Shamu

Aussieprincess

Mouseketeer
Can someone please please please tell me if the rumours are true? We are coming all the way from Australia in October/November for our honeymoon, and I have always been just about as obsessed with Orcas as i have with disney... this experience will make my trip so complete!

SeaWorld states that it is supposed to be starting up again soon. When I called, they said it 'might' be back by our trip in June.

I called a few weeks ago asking about July and they said it will probably:worship: be happening.

I hope it comes back before December. We loved that experience a couple of years ago. I would be booking it again if it is there.

Still no word on dine with shamu??? :sad2:
I will be so sad if i don't get this experience!! has anyone heard anything?

I usually just lurk but registered to reply since I am in the same mode as you. Gearing up for Sept and hoping hoping! The other day, I was on the SW website and it must have been a beta version they were testing. it had a new design and a very prominent Dine with Shamu feature. It was closed to purchasing or checking the schedule but it LOOKED LIKE to might be coming.

I hope they start it back up. We are going in June of next year and my boys have been asking to do this.

This would be such a unique experience. Even though we don't have our next trip planned, I'm already looking forward to it.

I usually just lurk but registered to reply since I am in the same mode as you. Gearing up for Sept and hoping hoping! The other day, I was on the SW website and it must have been a beta version they were testing. it had a new design and a very prominent Dine with Shamu feature. It was closed to purchasing or checking the schedule but it LOOKED LIKE to might be coming.

It is, as far as I have heard, coming back. But the pool that Dine With Shamu takes place in, is under construction. And has been since the beginning of the year. It's a matter of when the construction is complete.

It is, as far as I have heard, coming back. But the pool that Dine With Shamu takes place in, is under construction. And has been since the beginning of the year. It's a matter of when the construction is complete.

Oh wow! that sounds promising for October!! (I'm hoping!) Please keep us updated if you notice any more changes! :cool1:

Update on Dine With Shamu:

A Seaworld fan on Seaworlds Facebook page has posted updated pics of the Dine With Shamu/Underwater Viewing area as of August 7th 2011. As you may or may not know, Dine With Shamu and Underwater viewing is currently closed as Seaworld implements new safety features for trainers and guests. One of these safety features is a rising floor that can lift both whale and trainer quickly out of the water in an emergency situation. As of August 7th, it looks as if the rising floor is complete and is being tested. Hopefully this means Dine With Shamu and Underwater viewing will reopen soon, and hopefully we are closer to seeing trainers back in the water with the whales during training sessions and shows....

Here is the link to the picture (You have to have a facebook account and be signed in to that account to be able to view the picture)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...41444153.49404.100000804474386&type=1&theater

Update on Dine With Shamu:

A Seaworld fan on Seaworlds Facebook page has posted updated pics of the Dine With Shamu/Underwater Viewing area as of August 7th 2011. As you may or may not know, Dine With Shamu and Underwater viewing is currently closed as Seaworld implements new safety features for trainers and guests. One of these safety features is a rising floor that can lift both whale and trainer quickly out of the water in an emergency situation. As of August 7th, it looks as if the rising floor is complete and is being tested. Hopefully this means Dine With Shamu and Underwater viewing will reopen soon, and hopefully we are closer to seeing trainers back in the water with the whales during training sessions and shows....

Here is the link to the picture (You have to have a facebook account and be signed in to that account to be able to view the picture)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...41444153.49404.100000804474386&type=1&theater

Ive been stalking this album! hoping to see that the construction might be finishing up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter