Dine with Shamu

I hate to be Negative Nancy; but I still wouldn't get anyone's hopes up for it to be open before Spring Break next year. I'm still betting on Summer next year.

The fact that there has been no announcement with all the new ones; makes me think it's still not going to be for awhile.

new pictures from "Orlando theme pars blog"

****://milkdidmybodygood.blogspot.com/2011/12/shamu-underwater-viewing-dine-with_22.html

But bad news : Tilikum is sick :sad2:

im suprised they are bringing it back atall while shimu is still there after killing 3 keepers ud of thought they would learn. Shame realy when i went in june the killer whale show was really dull because they dont swim with them anymore

im suprised they are bringing it back atall while shimu is still there after killing 3 keepers ud of thought they would learn. Shame realy when i went in june the killer whale show was really dull because they dont swim with them anymore

Erm? I think you have been misinformed. There has only been one trainer killed at any of the SeaWorld's.

if you go on wftv.com there is an artical that says the whale has been envolved in 2 other deaths it wont let me post the link tho ive not got a high enough post count

if you go on wftv.com there is an artical that says the whale has been envolved in 2 other deaths it wont let me post the link tho ive not got a high enough post count

Tillikum has been in the water with two other deaths; correct. But there is no proof in either of those instances that he killed them. And one of them easily could have been prevented by an intoxicated guest who snuck past park security and striped down to nothing, and jumped in with him. He died of hypothermia.

Working with ANY animal can be a dangerous job. Nearly a year ago, an elephant trainer was killed when the elephant pushed her into a wall. Everyone that works with animals knows it's a potentially dangerous job. Just like every police officer knows their job is also dangerous.

And as far as Tilikum being a "dangerous" animal. What happened has been ruled an accident. SeaWorld has over 5 million documented trainer interactions recorded with Tillikum, and there was only one accident. These trainers are more at risk of getting killed in a car accident on their way to work, than having an accident at work happen.

Tillikum has been in the water with two other deaths; correct. But there is no proof in either of those instances that he killed them. And one of them easily could have been prevented by an intoxicated guest who snuck past park security and striped down to nothing, and jumped in with him. He died of hypothermia.

Working with ANY animal can be a dangerous job. Nearly a year ago, an elephant trainer was killed when the elephant pushed her into a wall. Everyone that works with animals knows it's a potentially dangerous job. Just like every police officer knows their job is also dangerous.

And as far as Tilikum being a "dangerous" animal. What happened has been ruled an accident. SeaWorld has over 5 million documented trainer interactions recorded with Tillikum, and there was only one accident. These trainers are more at risk of getting killed in a car accident on their way to work, than having an accident at work happen.

Well said...when a person takes a job like that they accept that possibility, just like a racing driver accepts that they may crash or that a police officer may be attacked. It's an occupational hazard and something this trainer knew before she stepped up. But for her obviously the benefits outweighed the risks.

at the end of the day its a wild animal its only a matter of time befor something happens. I like seaworld but i found the dolphin and whale shows sad the pools are so tiny

dont you think its odd they dont have the killer whales on desplay? Or did we mis that part?

dont you think its odd they dont have the killer whales on desplay? Or did we mis that part?

Not at all. Sea World Orlando does have a large underwater viewing area (showing how large the tank is). That area is currently being refurbished so it is walled off from the general public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter