DIS Divas Just Wanna Have Fun! (TR starts on p.22) Updated 4/14

January, Melody and I got the giggles REALLY BAD during the DVC presentation because of one of the couples on the DVC video. The husband looked like he was 40, but the wife looked like she was 70. We were all like, "Whaaaaa? That's a couple?! I thought they were mom and son. What in the heck happened to her?!!. :scared1: :rotfl:

Of course we were exhausted at the time, so the giggles got to us fairly easily. We were a bit......loopy. And we hadn't even been to the Grand Californian Lounge yet!

Omg we got the giggle so bad at our table (me, Molly, Amy, and Stacie) because we kept knocking things over.

Of course we didn't ditch you! :laughing: You were there the whole time. :thumbsup2
Well, okay, if you say so. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I saw you guys laughing but I missed that about the couple in the video. Told ya I wasn't paying attention. :rotfl:

Loved the candy buffet, the princess tiara pics, the pic of Wendy with 2 drinks :thumbsup2 & hearing about all the fun. Can't wait for more.........
Thanks. It was so much fun. Speaking of fun, I see you have a new ticker! :thumbsup2

Omg we got the giggle so bad at our table (me, Molly, Amy, and Stacie) because we kept knocking things over.
You guys were right next to Amy, Jane and me. I heard the giggling at your table and was wondering what was going on!! :rotfl2:

Geez, we are quite the bunch aren't we?? Can't even behave and pay attention long enough for a little DVC presentation. LOL And it wasn't that the presentation was bad or boring or anything, I think we were all just resorting back to our teen years of goofing off in class!! :laughing:

This is the first time I've seen this thread! Nice job, Beth! :goodvibes Mary Jo, you are an excellent photographer. :thumbsup2That day we ran into you, you should have just dumped your work and joined us.

I wish we had been there to see Beth get the gift. :sad1:We VIP ladies, well some of us, (Theresa, Heather and I - we had eaten at McD's that AM) were hung up because we were in the line for Peter Pan (since we were early) when the women in front of us tried to put too many kids into the ship. They had a discussion with the CM and it took too long.:rolleyes1

Now I know how important it is that the cars are loaded quickly. If you take too long to board, it throws the system into an automatic shut down. Bells went off and some poor riders were stuck in there for what must have been 15-20 min. We were right at the start of the line, next to go on, and getting out of line did not seem like an option.

They had to have four CM come with keys and put in special codes. The machinery went through a special sequence and then finally it was working again. But they had to get everyone off, and not do any loading. Once that was fine --and even then they probaby ran the cars through once-- they can board again.

So by the time we got close to PFF, someone looked around the corner and said it was too late to join. Heather was drinking something so we sat with her, waiting for Tracey to bring the vip tour guide, Ginger, to us. I ran in the princess gift shop to see if they had the princess charm bracelet I had been looking for, but it was just little princess stuff.

I realized I needed an imodium :scared1:and none of us had one with us. I saw the divas rushing by, out of PFF, they were just about running toward IASW. I ran with Kerry and yes, she had one!!!

I went back to wait with the vip ladies, not realizing that Kerry was supposed to be on the tour with us.:upsidedow

Anyway, finally we got all ten women in the right place for the tour that we so hoped would be the highlight of our trip!:yay:

This is the first time I've seen this thread! Nice job, Beth! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

I wish we had been there to see Beth get the gift. :sad1: We VIP ladies, well some of us, (Theresa, Heather and I - we had eaten at McD's that AM) were hung up because we were in the line for Peter Pan (since we were early) when the women in front of us tried to put too many kids into the ship. They had a discussion with the CM and it took too long.:rolleyes1

Now I know how important it is that the cars are loaded quickly. If you take too long to board, it throws the system into an automatic shut down. Bells went off and some poor riders were stuck in there for what must have been 15-20 min. We were right at the start of the line, next to go on, and getting out of line did not seem like an option.

They had to have four CM come with keys and put in special codes. The machinery went through a special sequence and then finally it was working again. But they had to get everyone off, and not do any loading. Once that was fine --and even then they probaby ran the cars through once-- they can board again.

So by the time we got close to PFF, someone looked around the corner and said it was too late to join.
Awww, that sucks. I wondered what had happened! Good grief, sounds like that lady and her kids caused quite a hassle for everyone. :rolleyes:

It was actually two moms and maybe three toddlers and one infant. They couldn't ride in the configuration they had wanted so it was a lot of in and out, but they weren't obnoxious.

It was actually two moms and maybe three toddlers and one infant. They couldn't ride in the configuration they had wanted so it was a lot of in and out, but they weren't obnoxious.

They have all that time in line to figure it out and they still don't???? Geeez!

They have all that time in line to figure it out and they still don't???? Geeez!

You made me LOL. The problem was something like, I think they wanted to put the three little ones together in one car and then the two women and infant in another, but the CM said the three could not ride alone. I was frustrated but I also remember that it seemed like the CM should have caught it before they sat down.

You made me LOL. The problem was something like, I think they wanted to put the three little ones together in one car and then the two women and infant in another, but the CM said the three could not ride alone. I was frustrated but I also remember that it seemed like the CM should have caught it before they sat down.

Seriously though.....the moms really thought it was ok to send 3 toddlers alone? Come on. Granted, its not a thrill ride, but still. Its high up and you never know what kids will do.

Seriously though.....the moms really thought it was ok to send 3 toddlers alone? Come on. Granted, its not a thrill ride, but still. Its high up and you never know what kids will do.
I agree! What were they thinking? I'd never send little kids alone on that ride, because as you said, it is pretty high up in parts. Maybe they'd never been on it or something, but little kids definitely need supervision on a ride like that.

Hey Beth......where's the next installment?
Um, under the couch?
In the closet?
Up a tree?

I dunno. I give up. Where is it? :hyper:

Oh, wait, you're asking me the answer. Oh. OK. I get it.

I second that request!
LOL OK, I will see what I can throw together. It's nice to know I have at least one of two readers hanging in there. :grouphug:

Um, under the couch?
In the closet?
Up a tree?

I dunno. I give up. Where is it? :hyper:

Oh, wait, you're asking me the answer. Oh. OK. I get it.

LOL OK, I will see what I can throw together. It's nice to know I have at least one of two readers hanging in there. :grouphug:

Come on now. I have been really sick and still managed to pull out an installment or two. So why are you laging? Where the heck is that crack the whip smilie? Or maybe I should get Jen over here and tell her you said you would work on the 5k once you got more of your trip report done. Then you know she would be all over you.

You're right, that's a good point. Thoughtless mommies! Well, those two mommies held up a crowd of what - 150 - people for some 15-20 minutes during the precious first hour of DL's opening.

You're right, that's a good point. Thoughtless mommies! Well, those two mommies held up a crowd of what - 150 - people for some 15-20 minutes during the precious first hour of DL's opening.

You know, I did not ever put two and two together that the reason the ride broke down was because of the loading delay. What the heck sort of system is that? I mean they must have delays all the time with the wheel chair entrance etc., and it wasn't that long of a moment while the CM explained to the Moms that the configuration they had envisioned would not work. I think it was like a 5, 4, and 2 or 3 year old that they wanted to go together, and it was the little one that had to be with an adult. The funny part was that the older two apparently fought and when the ride got stuck, the two oldest were off on the ride by themselves with the Moms on the loading dock with the two little ones. The two oldest were probably in the flying over london part, and from the loading dock, you could hear them fighting. Personally, with my youngest, I would not dream of letting him on that ride without an adult with him, and he is 6. My oldest was a different child, and probably would have done fine at that age. I would not have sent two girls that tend to fight though, and I would have been frantic when they got stuck, but these two Moms were really young, and took it all in stride.

Having worked attractions, sometimes the loading delays are the longest. People with disabilities and their groups are usually used to the needs of their party, so they don't actually take too long. When EVERYONE wants to ride in front or when a group of 3 want to ride in a 2 person row, that sometimes takes a long time to explain.

Or maybe I should get Jen over here and tell her you said you would work on the 5k once you got more of your trip report done. Then you know she would be all over you.
:scared1: :scared1:

Hey. popcorn:: What're we watching?

I would not have sent two girls that tend to fight though, and I would have been frantic when they got stuck, but these two Moms were really young, and took it all in stride.
Amateurs. ;)

When EVERYONE wants to ride in front or when a group of 3 want to ride in a 2 person row, that sometimes takes a long time to explain.
I know I would not have the patience to deal with that on a daily basis. I'd end up saying something very un-Disney like and being one of those grumpy CMs everyone complains about. :rolleyes1

You know, I did not ever put two and two together that the reason the ride broke down was because of the loading delay. What the heck sort of system is that? I mean they must have delays all the time with the wheel chair entrance etc., and it wasn't that long of a moment while the CM explained to the Moms that the configuration they had envisioned would not work. I think it was like a 5, 4, and 2 or 3 year old that they wanted to go together, and it was the little one that had to be with an adult. The funny part was that the older two apparently fought and when the ride got stuck, the two oldest were off on the ride by themselves with the Moms on the loading dock with the two little ones. The two oldest were probably in the flying over london part, and from the loading dock, you could hear them fighting. Personally, with my youngest, I would not dream of letting him on that ride without an adult with him, and he is 6. My oldest was a different child, and probably would have done fine at that age. I would not have sent two girls that tend to fight though, and I would have been frantic when they got stuck, but these two Moms were really young, and took it all in stride.

This is why it's so great for everyone to chime in on these reports. (Hi Tracey!) I had forgotten that the one ship went in with their kids. They were not at all concerned about that.

Having worked attractions, sometimes the loading delays are the longest. People with disabilities and their groups are usually used to the needs of their party, so they don't actually take too long. When EVERYONE wants to ride in front or when a group of 3 want to ride in a 2 person row, that sometimes takes a long time to explain.

Where did you do this, Kerry? Yeah, what happened was they loaded up one ship and sat before the CM explained that wasn't going to work. So they had to all climb out and then discuss with her what they could do. But it wasn't that long a break and so now I get it when they really rush you on the cars at all the other rides.

:scared1: :scared1:

Amateurs. ;)

I know I would not have the patience to deal with that on a daily basis. I'd end up saying something very un-Disney like and being one of those grumpy CMs everyone complains about. :rolleyes1

The day after the weekend where they redid POTC with Depp's likeness, the CM were so tired. They had worked a long hot weekend that was overcrowded. A CM running Mr. Toad's was the grumpiest I'd ever seen, no smile, he looked like he was falling asleep.

I know one ex-CM and used to know another (she was one of the princesses at one time). Once upon a time, they had fabulous free food at the CM commissary, even BB food she said.

Morning came way too early this day. I did not want to wake up and once I did it was hard to get moving very quickly. Finally my roomies and I were ready and headed over to the Grand Californian for our one character meal of the trip. Breakfast with Chip and Dale!!

By the time we got there mostly everyone was seated and eating. We had a little section to ourselves, with four tables. It was nice. The food was really good. I was hesitant to eat much as just before the trip I'd had a bad case of food poisoning from a buffet, but the food there was fresh and very tasty, and now I wish I'd had more. Oh well.

As a side note, before I forget, this was the day we were all wearing our group shirts. I stubbornly did not order or make one for myself before the trip as I was having a hard time finding a suitable white tee in my size. So my wonderful roomie Capri took it upon herself to buy me a shirt and make one for me so I'd match the group. Thanks Capri!!! :hug:

A few pics from breakfast:

club3333.jpg

club343.jpg

uiu.jpg

100_0026.jpg

100_0028.jpg

My roomies! Aren't they adorable!! :goodvibes

100_0030.jpg

At one point the characters were leading a group of kids in a conga line around the restaurant. A few of us figured, "hey, we are big kids!" and joined it. It was fun. This was us, arms linked, doing some sort of dance at the end. I can't remember what we were doing, but clearly I was amused as I am totally cracking up in this pic! :rotfl:

clubtrtr.jpg

After breakfast it was time to head to Disneyland for our official group photo. We were planning to take it in front of the floral Mickey but we had to wait for the band to finish up first.

100_0031.jpg

100_0032.jpg

It took a little while to get everyone ready and organized but in the end it turned out great! Our photopass photographer was from Vegas originally and he was lots of fun.

Group shot:

jhkjh.jpg

From there it was time for the Scavenger Hunt!! :yay: This was something new for our group this year, but so much fun we will definitely be including it in all future meets.
It was headed up by Melody (tinkermell), Wendy (wendylady36) and Dawn (fairykin). They all did a marvelous job of planning this, and it turned out great.

We were all divided into teams before the trip began and had been given the opportunity to choose team names.
I was on a team with my two roomies, Capri and January, and Jen (grizbuzz). We were the Neverland Naughties.

A few pics from the hunt. (Mary Jo, I know you have many more pics from this and youtube video too. If you have time and wouldn't mind, I'd love for you to post them here! :flower3: :worship: )

The three ladies in charge of the hunt:
winner.jpg

The winners of the hunt, The S&M Girls!
clubrerer.jpg

After the hunt was over, the groups pretty much split up. Some of the ladies were heading off to start the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, which they later said they loved.
Some stayed in DL, and a few of us headed off to DCA. After awhile, if I remember correctly ( :rolleyes1 ) a couple of us ended up in DTD doing some shopping. I think it was Capri, Kerry, Tracey, Amy, January, and myself.

Once sufficient damage was done to our wallets in World of Disney, some of the group stopped for drinks at Uva, while January and I took the monorail over to Disneyland.

I had planned all along to hold the spots for Fantasmic that evening and I wanted to see how crowded it was getting. I had planned to start saving a spot around 5:30 or 6, like I usually do when I am with my family, but when we got to the Rivers of America area at around 4:30 people were already saving spots!!!! :scared1: :scared1:

I could not believe it. I'd never seen people there so early before. But I am a die hard Fantasmic fan and I was not going to miss out on my prime viewing area. So I grabbed the three blankets I had brought with me to the park, spread them out, and parked my fanny. January sat with me for awhile until it was time for our dinner reservation which was Cafe Orleans at 5.

I had planned to go to that and then camp out after ward, but there was no way I was leaving my spot now. lol
So a group of them met up for dinner, and when it was over, Melody was kind enough to bring me some pomme frites and beignets to go. OMG, I was so hungry and that was the best food ever!! I wolfed it all down. Thank you Melody!!

The rest of my night was pretty much spent camped out waiting for the show, people watching (one of my favorite past times at Disney), and chatting with others camped out nearby. A few ladies came by to say hi, then went on their way. For one reason or another the group that watched Fantasmic was really small. I had spots saved for up to 15 ladies, but it only ended up being myself, January, Michelle, Melody, Sarah and Heather.

The show was wonderful as always. And I was so glad I got to see it. It's just a must do for me each time no matter what. :love: It was Heather's first time seeing it, so I was glad I'd taken the time to save us a front and center spot, if for no other reason than she really loved it. :)

After Fantasmic I don't think we did anything else. It was really cold, and January ate something that did not agree with her at all, so we were ready to head back to the hotel. Poor thing was pretty sick that night. She thinks it was a chimichanga that she'd eaten earlier. I felt so bad for her, but I love those things! lol

We chatted for a bit, watched a little tv and then headed off to sleep. The next day was Sunday, our last full day in the parks. I couldn't believe the trip was going by so fast!!
But at the same time I was super excited for Sunday to arrive. Why, you ask? Because that was the day of our brunch at Club 33!!! :yay: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter