DIS Divas Just Wanna Have Fun! (TR starts on p.22) Updated 4/14

Great addition to your trip report.

Sorry about you saving so many spots for Fantasmic. Steph and I tried our best to get there in time, but missed it by one minute and they would not let us through.

Looking forward to hearing about Club 33.

Great addition to your trip report.

Sorry about you saving so many spots for Fantasmic. Steph and I tried our best to get there in time, but missed it by one minute and they would not let us through.

Looking forward to hearing about Club 33.
Oh, no worries. :) I would have been sitting there saving a spot for myself no matter what. I'm spoiled. I have to watch Fantasmic front and center, sitting comfortably, and I'll do whatever it takes to make that happen. I don't even like the seating area for the dessert viewing because it's too far over on the side for my taste.

At the end, just before it started when we realized we didn't need all that room, we pulled in the blankets and some of the other groups around us who had squeezed into a tight spot were able to spread out, so it worked out ok.

Come on now. I have been really sick and still managed to pull out an installment or two. So why are you laging? Where the heck is that crack the whip smilie? Or maybe I should get Jen over here and tell her you said you would work on the 5k once you got more of your trip report done. Then you know she would be all over you.

WHAT?? Beth is doing the 5k?
YIPPEE YEAH YEAH!! :yay::yay:
I'M SO GLAD SHE COMMITTED!!!:thumbsup2
DISNEYLAND RACES HERE WE COME!:dance3:

Can't believe it took me so long to get over to this thread!

Can I add on to this trip report?

Well, let's see what I can remember... I, unfortunately, didn't leave for Disneyland until Friday afternoon and missed the Thursday party. :( After a quick and easy flight from Oakland to Long Beach, I hopped on a cab to HOJOs (cab cost me more than the flight :headache: but I won't go into that) and made it to Disneyland sometime in the afternoon. I had no plans until dinner, so I decided to take it easy and was going to enjoy a leisurely train ride around the park. Well, I got to the train station and there was a train at the station and waiting, but they wouldn't let me board. :sad2: I decided not to sweat it and was just going to enjoy the wait. Well I was all alone at the train station when a group of women in red came to the station. It was none other than the DIS Ladies!!! They were on the tail end of the infamous VIP tour, getting ready to enjoy the Lilly Belle and since I was wearing my red shirt, they let me join the group.

It was the BEST. Vern our conductor poured out more Disney trivia than I could absorb. I definitely lucked out running into the ladies and am SO APPRECIATIVE that they let me join them for such a great experience.

IMG_2105.jpg

(sorry I didn't have a version with everyone's eyes open :headache:)

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

It was sometime between this lovely train ride and our lovely dinner that I had a not so lovely ride on Splash Mountain. My awesome roomate Tracey brought ponchos, which unfortunately ended up causing me quite a bit of problems. I think I was feeling a little too invincible with my yellow poncho and decided that it would be a good idea to sit in the front of the boat. Let's just say that by the time I got off the ride, I was soaked from my head to my toes, all the way through to my undies (and, no, I didn't have an accident). I was trying to keep a smile on my face, but I was freezing and I couldn't help but to wonder how clean that Splash water really is. There was no time to go back to HoJo's, so I was trying to just make the best of it. Fortunately a very kind soul (thank you Callie!) offered me her jacket. It warmed me back up and enabled me to enjoy my dinner at Carnation. Dinner was great, but, for the record, I must say that I did not like the potato soup. (sorry ladies!) It was so thick and rich, I just couldn't eat more than half a cup.

Let's see...I think we had the DVC tour and Napa Rose desserts that night. We already have some great photos of DVC, so I'll just share my Napa Rose pics.

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

WHAT?? Beth is doing the 5k?
YIPPEE YEAH YEAH!! :yay::yay:
I'M SO GLAD SHE COMMITTED!!!:thumbsup2
DISNEYLAND RACES HERE WE COME!:dance3:

Can't believe it took me so long to get over to this thread!
:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I forgot to mention that during the hunt, you were the force that kept us going. We were all trailing you all over the park!! :rotfl2:

Glad you made it over here.

I planned to write a bit more, but have run out of time.
I'll be back!
YES! Please do.
I love hearing other versions of the same day and while everyone might not want to do a full report, definitely everyone should feel free to add your experiences and pictures here.

I am totally wondering why your cab cost more than your flight??? :eek:
And that is so awesome you met up with the VIP ladies and got to rid the Lilly Belle. :yay: I did not know that!
What a great start for the trip that must have been. :goodvibes And I love that bottom pic of you and Vern.

I can't, for the life of me, remember why I wasn't there for Fantasmic! I think maybe I was at the Cove Bar. :rolleyes1 Once you start to enjoy alcohol Beth, you'll know why. :rotfl2:

I love reading about our trip. It seems like it was SO long ago, but it was only last month! :scared1:

I'm so excited for next years trip. :banana:

Let me try and finish off my piece here, or I may never get it done.

Saturday morning...Chippendale's
Oh, I mean Chip and Dales

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2127-1.jpg

And in the afternoon, there was the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, which I really loved. I liked the little earphones with the musical interludes and clippings of Walt's speeches. I just get so excited listening about how Walt thought all this up and then just drew it up and made it happen! So cool!:goodvibes

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

After all this Walt inspiration, Mary Jo and Wendy and I headed over to the Blue Sky Cellar to see the DCA plans. On the way, we ran into Nancy (YellowMickeyPoncho) on main street! After seeing all the cool plans for DCA, we headed for the Cove Bar and had some yummy drinks. Wendy only got the one she paid for, as Beth wasn't there to subsidize. It was at this point I missed my one opportunity to go on Screamin' :headache: with Wendy! I thought I'd be able to do it the next day, but of course the opportunity never came back. But we did make it for more drinks at the Hearthstone Lounge at GCH and for conversation with Capri and Kelly and her mom.

Now how come I can't remember what I did for breakfast on the final day. I'm mixing everything up, no doubt. Oh wait...now I remember. I did a solo Magic Morning on Sunday and hit Fantasyland. Made it to Peter Pan, Dumbo (yes, I did Dumbo by myself :goodvibes), Small World and we had our group Dole Whip for Bawb for breakfast! After that, was a trip to the Lego store to pick up goodies for my boys and then lunch at the Vineyard Room where I enjoyed a glass of Magicale. And then it was time to get a ride back to the airport and fly home!

A great trip that went too fast!
Thanks Ladies!!

Loved the group picture in front of the floral Mickey. WOW there were alot of you guys.
Can't wait to hear the dish on Club 33.........hope there are lots of pics.:cool1:

Dinner was great, but, for the record, I must say that I did not like the potato soup. (sorry ladies!) It was so thick and rich, I just couldn't eat more than half a cup.

Let's see...I think we had the DVC tour and Napa Rose desserts that night. We already have some great photos of DVC, so I'll just share my Napa Rose pics.

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg
Sneaky, you went back and added more. LOL

I cannot believe you don't like the soup. :eek: I could live on that stuff. :rotfl:

I love the Napa Rose pics. I didn't realize you had one of me, January and Wendy. :dance3:

Melody looks pretty tipsy in her pic. :rolleyes1

I love reading about our trip. It seems like it was SO long ago, but it was only last month! :scared1:

I'm so excited for next years trip. :banana:
I know. It does seem like forever ago. I'm glad we have the Vegas meet, and the Halloween meet, and the Christmas meet to tide us over until the next trip. :thumbsup2

Let me try and finish off my piece here, or I may never get it done.

Saturday morning...Chippendale's

You wish! ;) No wait, I wish. LOL

A great trip that went too fast!
Thanks Ladies!!
It was a great trip, and it did go by too fast. I'm glad we are adding another day next year!
Love the tour pics. Thanks for posting those. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the WIWF tour. Ruben and I had taken it back in October and we really liked it as well.

Loved the group picture in front of the floral Mickey. WOW there were alot of you guys.
Can't wait to hear the dish on Club 33.........hope there are lots of pics.:cool1:
All total we had 43 ladies attend this trip! :cool1: It was so much fun. Everyone was great, and we are already planning really fun things for next year.

At Club 33 we all had our cameras out taking pics left and right. Callie and Wendy have given me permission to post their pics as well as mine, so there will be tons of pics to share. :thumbsup2

This has been so much fun to read ! Just like doing it all again and it was nice to hear about what I missed on Thurs. and Fri. Kinda made me jealous, OK it DID make me jealous.:tinker:
There's always next time !

This has been so much fun to read ! Just like doing it all again and it was nice to hear about what I missed on Thurs. and Fri. Kinda made me jealous, OK it DID make me jealous.:tinker:
There's always next time !
That's right! Next time you and Sarah will just have to be along for the whole ride. :cool1:

Thanks for reading. :)

Melody may look a little tipsy, but what they heck I'm am doing?!! I look like I've been doing a little more than drinkin' here.....Whoa, Jen duuuuude. Whatcha got there? Whoaaaaa, it's a cameraaaaaa! I seeeeeee spots everywhere!:laughing:
:lmao:
Now that you mention it, you do sort of appear to be off in your own happy land where everything is shiny and new. :upsidedow :hippie:

Melody may look a little tipsy, but what they heck I'm am doing?!! I look like I've been doing a littel more than drinkin' here.....Whoa, Jen duuuuude. Whatcha got there? Whoaaaaa, it's a cameraaaaaa! I seeeeeee spots everywhere!:laughing:

Yeah, I think you were a round or two ahead of us! :rotfl:
You must have been reminiscing about those college days and it just took you back!

It was none other than the DIS Ladies!!! They were on the tail end of the infamous VIP tour, getting ready to enjoy the Lilly Belle and since I was wearing my red shirt, they let me join the group.

It was the BEST. Vern our conductor poured out more Disney trivia than I could absorb. I definitely lucked out running into the ladies and am SO APPRECIATIVE that they let me join them for such a great experience.

IMG_2105.jpg

(sorry I didn't have a version with everyone's eyes open :headache:)

It was sometime between this lovely train ride and our lovely dinner that I had a not so lovely ride on Splash Mountain. My awesome roomate Tracey brought ponchos, which unfortunately ended up causing me quite a bit of problems. I think I was feeling a little too invincible with my yellow poncho and decided that it would be a good idea to sit in the front of the boat. Let's just say that by the time I got off the ride, I was soaked from my head to my toes, all the way through to my undies
Dinner was great, but, for the record, I must say that I did not like the potato soup. (sorry ladies!) It was so thick and rich, I just couldn't eat more than half a cup.

It was just great to run into you Jen and sneak you onboard the LillyBell with us. Vern was one of my favorite memories too!

While I would never wish it on you, I have to say seeing you look like a drowned rat getting off of Splash Mountains is probably one of my other favorite memories. I'm still laugh when I think about it. It was so shocking! You were a great sport about it!

I did not like the Potato soup either. Well, I did like it, but it did not like me. Way too rich.

Good job on the trip report ladies. It is like being there again! Was it really only a month or so ago!

It was just great to run into you Jen and sneak you onboard the LillyBell with us. Vern was one of my favorite memories too!

While I would never wish it on you, I have to say seeing you look like a drowned rat getting off of Splash Mountains is probably one of my other favorite memories. I'm still laugh when I think about it. It was so shocking! You were a great sport about it!

I did not like the Potato soup either. Well, I did like it, but it did not like me. Way too rich.

Good job on the trip report ladies. It is like being there again! Was it really only a month or so ago!

OMG--what was I doing in that picture? trying to taste the air? dreaming of my Prince? OMG.

I also remember sitting at the DVC presentation and not paying any attention at all. Not because it wasn't interesting, but I just knew I'd never buy into it. So when they said we are going to draw names and if your name is called you have to answer a question to see if you'd been paying attention, I felt like I was in high school again, crouching down in my chair, looking the other way, praying "please don't call on me, please don't call on me." :lmao:
Too funny! :rotfl:

January, Melody and I got the giggles REALLY BAD during the DVC presentation because of one of the couples on the DVC video. The husband looked like he was 40, but the wife looked like she was 70. We were all like, "Whaaaaa? That's a couple?! I thought they were mom and son. What in the heck happened to her?!!. :scared1: :rotfl:

Of course we were exhausted at the time, so the giggles got to us fairly easily. We were a bit......loopy. And we hadn't even been to the Grand Californian Lounge yet!
I had totally forgotten about that couple.:lmao: I kept waiting for a "byline" at the bottom about a Mom and Son or something like that. It was wierd! :eek:

Loved the candy buffet, the princess tiara pics, the pic of Wendy with 2 drinks :thumbsup2 & hearing about all the fun. Can't wait for more.........
Come and join us next year!!! :goodvibes

This is the first time I've seen this thread! Nice job, Beth! :goodvibes Mary Jo, you are an excellent photographer. :thumbsup2That day we ran into you, you should have just dumped your work and joined us.

I wish we had been there to see Beth get the gift. :sad1:We VIP ladies, well some of us, (Theresa, Heather and I - we had eaten at McD's that AM) were hung up because we were in the line for Peter Pan (since we were early) when the women in front of us tried to put too many kids into the ship. They had a discussion with the CM and it took too long.:rolleyes1

Now I know how important it is that the cars are loaded quickly. If you take too long to board, it throws the system into an automatic shut down. Bells went off and some poor riders were stuck in there for what must have been 15-20 min. We were right at the start of the line, next to go on, and getting out of line did not seem like an option.

They had to have four CM come with keys and put in special codes. The machinery went through a special sequence and then finally it was working again. But they had to get everyone off, and not do any loading. Once that was fine --and even then they probaby ran the cars through once-- they can board again.

So by the time we got close to PFF, someone looked around the corner and said it was too late to join. Heather was drinking something so we sat with her, waiting for Tracey to bring the vip tour guide, Ginger, to us. I ran in the princess gift shop to see if they had the princess charm bracelet I had been looking for, but it was just little princess stuff.

I realized I needed an imodium :scared1:and none of us had one with us. I saw the divas rushing by, out of PFF, they were just about running toward IASW. I ran with Kerry and yes, she had one!!!

I went back to wait with the vip ladies, not realizing that Kerry was supposed to be on the tour with us.:upsidedow

Anyway, finally we got all ten women in the right place for the tour that we so hoped would be the highlight of our trip!:yay:
Yikes! I had no idea all that happened! :headache:

Seriously though.....the moms really thought it was ok to send 3 toddlers alone? Come on. Granted, its not a thrill ride, but still. Its high up and you never know what kids will do.
I so agree!!

OMG--what was I doing in that picture? trying to taste the air? dreaming of my Prince? OMG.
:rotfl:

This is sooooooooooooooo great! LOL!
I am amazed of your photo editing talent!

Also thanks for sharing your pictures and trip report too!

IMG_2119.jpg
I'd like you to know, that I only had one glass of wine, which by the way was very good. If you notice the glass is still quite full. So I am not tipsy. Geesh!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Oh, and Capri had the same wine. Maybe somethin was slipped into it. :laughing:

Thanks Jen for adding your pics and TR too!! :goodvibes

I know, I cannot believe how it seems so long ago, but it wasn't really.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Oh Cheryl, you crack me up!!

It does seem like a long time ago. Way more than a little over a month. Almost seems like last year. The next trip can't get here soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter