Dis Divas Trip Duex

Gotta love the commando rides! Looking forward to more! I have to say if a strange man barged into my room that I had put a do not disturb sign on I would be very...well...disturbed! Glad it worked out ok!

Sarah

After spending lots of time vactioning with my brother on bases, you get used to it.

Sunken Treasure (i think)
ry%3D400

We had a great time at the Cove Bar. It was so nice to sit and relax, and just have an enjoyable evening. I plan to go back there for sure.

Up next.......fireworks and commando rides!

That's what I had and it was good!! :thumbsup2

OoooOoo, Stacie pick me too!

PLEASE! Amy & I REALLY want to win next year's scavvy hunt. Oh Amy is DEFINITELY going!

Hey, don't forget me too! I want to win too! Pick me, me, me! Just kidding, don't really care if I win, and hey, that was a sweaty experience. Next year I may just observe;) Oh, yeah, I'm not going to be there next year.:sad1:

OMG, I totally forgot to finish this darn trip report. My bad.

When I last left off, we were finishing up our delish drinks at the Cove Bar.

I love this bar
It's my kind of place
Just walkin' through the front door
Puts a big smile on my face
It ain't too far, come as you are
Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this bar

After our drinks we drunk, and all the snacks were eaten we decided to head on out. The plan was to meet over near the hub to watch fireworks. Instead of traveling over in one giant herd, we broke up into a few smaller groups. Some went shopping, some went on rides, and some of us went to search for somewhere to plant our hineys.

We stopped along the way to grab a pic.

ry%3D400

Lucky for us, we were able to grab a few benches in the hub. We spread out and waited for the show to start. Steph had a great idea for a gift for her kids. She got them pressed pennies and was going around picking some up for them. Cool deal. Slowly all the other ladies who were planning on joining us arrived.

Mel and her corndog.

ry%3D400

January and Steph

ry%3D400

Melody and Stacielee

ry%3D400

Beth, Jane and Linda

ry%3D400

Heather

ry%3D400

Sarah and Heather

ry%3D400

The fireworks were great as always. And having a seat in the hub made it better. Plus Steph brought me a awesome hot cocoa. We were a little bummed when we realized that some of the show was cut out. We asked about this, and was told to save budget.

Melody was really bummed by this.

ry%3D400

Linda made a mad dash for the exit right as the show was ending, and a few others decided to head back to the rooms and sleep. The rest of us hung out on the benches for a little while longer to let the crowds thin out a bit.

This was when we decided that we were gonna go ride commando and have some real fun. It was discovered that between the entire group we had enough fast passes for almost all the rides to go around. How cool is that?

First we hit up Buzz. Talk about some fun. Even better that is dumps you into a gift shop. They had some new plush characters that I wasn't familiar with. I asked Heather/lilly cat about them, she told me. When I asked "really?" she said "No, I like to lie". I about blew snot out of my nose I started laughing so hard.

As we left the shop we could hear the music from the Tomorrow Land Terrace being performed. It was some Elvis impersonator. And without saying anything, we all broke out into a sing along with him singing at the top of our lungs Suspicious Minds.

We cant go on together
With suspicious minds
And we cant build our dreams
On suspicious minds

From there we hit up Space Mountain.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Indiana Jones was next on the list.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Followed by Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road which we rode twice without having to get back in line. Sweet!

By this time is was getting close to park close and we decided that we wanted to ride the sleeper train. The very last grand circle tour on the train for the night. It was so nice and peaceful.

ry%3D400

Once off the train we split up. Part of the group went back to the hotel. While Steph, Heather and I decided to do some shopping. Well, I wasn't gonna do any shopping, but I didn't want them to have to walk back to the hotel solo.

While waiting for them to do their shopping I got a call from Stacielee. She had left some stuff in the locker from that morning when we did the Segway tour. She asked if I could pick it up for her. No problem. Once the three of us were done, I made my way over to the lockers next to the DCA entrance. Got the goods, then we were headed back to the Hojo's.

As we were leaving I made note of the time since it was late....1245. We were tired, our feet hurt, and the walk back seemed to take us forever. And it almost did. We didn't get back to the room until 0120!!! It was the longest walk of my life.

Michelle was already asleep with Zoe by the time we got to the room. I begged Steph to let me shower and use the bathroom first. I knew once I sat down I wasn't getting back up. She laughed and let me. I washed my face, showered and got into my jammies so fast. Then I plopped down on my bed.

Then it came down to the most important question of the night......"Hey Steph, you want to earn a dollar?" Surprisingly, the answer was still no. Go figure.

I laid my head down and was out!

Stupid alarm came way early than I thought. Steph was already up getting her stuff ready to go. I got up, brushed my teeth, got dressed and threw a hat on. Yeah, I looked hot.

We got in the car and drove on over to the train station. I kicked her out, but I will let you all know that at least I slowed down. I then headed back over and waited at Mimi's for the ladies to show up for breakfast.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Breakfast was delish! After that, I decided not to go back to the parks. I said my goodbyes to everyone and went back to the Hojo. I climbed back into bed for a bit and rested. Ok, so I rested with my eyes shut, sue me.

After a quick rest, I got up and started packing up my stuff so I could go home. While I was doing that, Michelle and Zoe came back to the room. They too had to pack up their stuff. It seemed like forever for me to get my stuff all back into the bags. But I did it. I said my goodbyes again and headed back down Ball road.

By now it was noonish. So I called my mother to take her to lunch. I met her at a local place, and I must have looked so torn up that she didn't recognize me when I walked through the door. She thought I needed a shower too. It took me only about a week to unpack.

So that is my trip report....part duex. Hope you liked! Can't wait till the next trip!

Nice ending!
Looks like you guys had a fun Sunday night!

I am still bummed I didn't get to go to the Outlet with you guys.
Next year I a, staying until Monday!

Nice ending!
Looks like you guys had a fun Sunday night!

I am still bummed I didn't get to go to the Outlet with you guys.
Next year I a, staying until Monday!

We had a good time. The outlet is really close. I almost went there today since I had a coupon.

Thanks Stacie, excellent job as usual.:lovestruc
I can't believe you guys stayed up so late Sunday night. I had to be on the road to work at 6 am Monday morn, that's why I hightailed it outta there before the masses.

Man, I cannot wait to read the TR from the Diva's Vegas Trip.;)

Thanks Stacie, excellent job as usual.:lovestruc
I can't believe you guys stayed up so late Sunday night. I had to be on the road to work at 6 am Monday morn, that's why I hightailed it outta there before the masses.

Since I will be drinking in Vegas, I need to make sure to bring a little notebook to take notes. I can't rely on my memory.

Since I will be drinking in Vegas, I need to make sure to bring a little notebook to take notes. I can't rely on my memory.

Not to worry, Stacie, I will bring my camera to collect evidence....... er, I mean MEMORIES to help you do a Vegas TR :thumbsup2

:scared1: Don't you know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?? :rolleyes1

Loved the TR Stacie. Excellent job. It's fun to come back and relive the trip. I really loved Cove Bar. It was just so nice and relaxing. Definitely a must do on the next trip. :)

Hey, don't forget me too! I want to win too! Pick me, me, me! Just kidding, don't really care if I win, and hey, that was a sweaty experience. Next year I may just observe;) Oh, yeah, I'm not going to be there next year.:sad1:

Tracey, I don't think we've accepted that fact yet. There might just be a kidnapping situation.

Stacie, wonderful trip report. Did you guys get Heather on the Big Thunder RR ride twice?? She may be kicked out of the wimp club.

Loved the TR Stacie. Excellent job. It's fun to come back and relive the trip. I really loved Cove Bar. It was just so nice and relaxing. Definitely a must do on the next trip. :)

I agree. Got to do Cove Bar again. Its nice to take a break like that and just chill and enjoy each other's company. And the drinks were great too.

Tracey, I don't think we've accepted that fact yet. There might just be a kidnapping situation.

Stacie, wonderful trip report. Did you guys get Heather on the Big Thunder RR ride twice?? She may be kicked out of the wimp club.

I don't remember if she did or not. Maybe she can remind us.

I agree. Got to do Cove Bar again. Its nice to take a break like that and just chill and enjoy each other's company. And the drinks were great too.

I don't remember if she did or not. Maybe she can remind us.

Not a good day to ask her anything...

:scared1: Don't you know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?? :rolleyes1

I never knew there was a bar in DCA. :rotfl: I knew that they served beer and had the margarita stand but not about the Cove Bar.

Stacie....I felt SOOO bad about waking you up!!! I didn't even notice the do not disturb sign! And, I thank you so very much for letting Zoe stay the night. Made a special bday for my little princess, and we wouldn't have been able to get a room on our own!!

Not sure I can let you take all the credit for our win, though! :lmao: After all, I was the one who thought to tear apart the sheets. Though, you get extra credit bonus points for the Chariots of Fire run down Mainstreet. :worship: And Stacielee came up with the great name (which I thought extremely fitting for us!). Though, you DID bring us the "wonder twins activate" special fuzzy slap bands. :banana: I'm not sure they would have worked without me getting the blinking mickey rings! :scared1: I'm just sayin'! And Steph is the one who kept us all grounded, with all our hyper running around! I guess it was just all over teamwork. They're gonna have to break us up next year!! :rolleyes1

The trip report is GREAT!

Awsome trip report! You gals sound and look like you had so much fun. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter