Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

We received our documents yesterday, very exciting. I don't want to spoil the fun for anyone so i'll wait for more folks to post before I discuss contents :)

On tipping, when we did the Viking river cruise we tipped the tour guide a few Euro's in most cases. We had one tour guide who wasn't that great so he just got one Euro out of guilt. They didn't automatically add the daily tip onto our bill for the river cruise but we tipped a good amount as the service was fantastic. We also gave a specific tip to the head waiter/maitre d who took excellent care of me (i'm gluten free) and a bartender who took very good care of us all week. We had the drink package and made sure to get our money's worth :)

The arrival of the Viking package was just another reminder that this cruise is just around the corner.
My excitement level is increasing exponentially every day !!!

So, I was just wondering... am I the only one who’s checking the weather every day for the ports we’re visiting?

I also have multitudes of lists in progress for everything from what to buy before hand, what to pack and things to do & buy in every city.

The suitcases are also sitting out on the beds in the spare room, ready and waiting for the infamous packing ritual.
The next 46 days are going to fly by

The arrival of the Viking package was just another reminder that this cruise is just around the corner.

So, I was just wondering... am I the only one who’s checking the weather every day for the ports we’re visiting?

I also have multitudes of lists in progress for everything from what to buy before hand, what to pack and things to do & buy in every city.

The suitcases are also sitting out on the beds in the spare room, ready and waiting for the infamous packing ritual.

What are you planning on buying? I always talk myself out of everything. I wish I had bought some piece of pottery when we were in Orvieto last time but didn’t do it.

Wowza...

I am going away for the weekend on Thursday and haven't taken a suitcase out yet.

I feel like a complete slacker.

What are you planning on buying? I always talk myself out of everything. I wish I had bought some piece of pottery when we were in Orvieto last time but didn’t do it.

If you’re not going to go to Orvieto on this trip, you might want to look for some ceramics in Sicily. They are well know for their hand painted pieces.

A lot of what I’m interested in getting is in the culinary line. We’re not allowed to bring back any salami, sausage etc, so I’m going to look for some regional cheeses. Most of the regions specialize is specific ones.

Naples is known for their Nativity scenes.

Sicily has excellent olive oils as does Puglia.

Crotone is known for their Ciro wine. I’ve read that the Rosso is best.

And, I’m hoping to have enough time in Naples to find some pastries and Limoncello

In Venice I plan on getting a carnival mask. I’ll be looking for a cat face.
I’ve located a yarn store and hope to find some interesting Italian yarns.
I make jewelry, so I’m going to look for some Venetian glass beads to work with.

Plus, the more I research the more I find ... I’m going to need more luggage. Lol

I can second Jeff's shipping comment....they must have spent as much on the bubble wrap and packing material as I spent on my three pieces. I have 2 beautiful serving pieces in a fruit motif from the trip in 2014 as well as a coffee mug that matches Kevin and John's dinner set that they bought....OK I admit it I am a suck up but it is fun to drink from that mug and know that it has relatives in K&J's house ::yes::

Chris

If you’re not going to go to Orvieto on this trip, you might want to look for some ceramics in Sicily. They are well know for their hand painted pieces.

A lot of what I’m interested in getting is in the culinary line. We’re not allowed to bring back any salami, sausage etc, so I’m going to look for some regional cheeses. Most of the regions specialize is specific ones.

Naples is known for their Nativity scenes.

Sicily has excellent olive oils as does Puglia.

Crotone is known for their Ciro wine. I’ve read that the Rosso is best.

And, I’m hoping to have enough time in Naples to find some pastries and Limoncello

In Venice I plan on getting a carnival mask. I’ll be looking for a cat face.
I’ve located a yarn store and hope to find some interesting Italian yarns.
I make jewelry, so I’m going to look for some Venetian glass beads to work with.

Plus, the more I research the more I find ... I’m going to need more luggage. Lol

Marilee
In 2014 I found a great fabric place in Venice.
I have these awesome tapestry pillow cases.
I would love to get yarn from Venice:love:

I can second Jeff's shipping comment....they must have spent as much on the bubble wrap and packing material as I spent on my three pieces. I have 2 beautiful serving pieces in a fruit motif from the trip in 2014 as well as a coffee mug that matches Kevin and John's dinner set that they bought....OK I admit it I am a suck up but it is fun to drink from that mug and know that it has relatives in K&J's house ::yes::

Chris

We bought dinner service for 6 (dinner and salad plates), a serving platter and a carafe.

The salad plates are displayed on my hutch. The serving platter hangs in my dining room and the carafe is on a shelf in my living room.

The dinner plates are stored with cardboard between them.

They are too nice to actually use them. :ssst:

My house looks like the ceramic store showroom.

I love their stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter