Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Thanks Kevin, very helpful. Any thoughts on standard/acceptable tip amount for tour guides/drivers?

Keep in mind that this is just my opinion....

If you are on a Viking organized tour, I wouldn't tip the driver.

If you are on a private tour where you hired the driver / tour company...I would.

I will tip the driver that takes us to Orvieto and back because I hired him.

I also believe in tipping someone that does something above and beyond.

I'm camped out and waiting
giphy.gif

Fabulous News Bulletin:

YOUR VIKING CRUISE DOCUMENTS ARE OUT VIA USPS.

Now go stand by your mail box and tap your foot. (you think I don't know you.:rolleyes1)

I just have a webcam aimed at the mailbox and I can just star at the monitor for it 24/7 starting now. It's one of those Nest ones that I can talk through as well - always gives the mail carrier a start!

I should have read it a little closer because I as was reading it the postal truck pulls in front (sounds like a lawnmower), I threw on my shoes and ran out in the snowstorm to my box without a coat. Unsurprisingly, it is not here yet.

Maybe tomorrow.

Those that have Amazon Prime might want to search for a three-part series "Visions of Italy". Its a beautiful compilation of arial views all over Italy. I recognized several spots we saw on our Viva Italia and Alpine Magic ABD's. Pretty much just wallpaper, but fun to see.

The photography is beautiful! If you are downloading them to your device use the "Best" setting. I first used a data saver but it was awful so I deleted it and then downloaded it again on "Best" and it was gorgeous. I used to own these but my sister borrowed them and I haven't seen them since.

Keep in mind that this is just my opinion....

If you are on a Viking organized tour, I wouldn't tip the driver.

If you are on a private tour where you hired the driver / tour company...I would.

I will tip the driver that takes us to Orvieto and back because I hired him.

I also believe in tipping someone that does something above and beyond.

What percentage would you recommend for the private guide? 10% was what I was thinking and rounding up a bit.

If you purchase the Silver Sea's Beverage package the price of gratuity is included. It is $139/person. From the website.

"Please note: Both guests in a stateroom must purchase the package for the full length of the cruise in order for it to be valid. A 15% service charge per person is included with the price. Prices effective as of October 2016."

I think it depends on what the driver / guide does for you and what you ask of the driver / guide.

Use your discretion.

Sorry that made me giggle. I'll try not to ask for too many extra services.

Fabulous News Bulletin:

YOUR VIKING CRUISE DOCUMENTS ARE OUT VIA USPS.

Now go stand by your mail box and tap your foot. (you think I don't know you.:rolleyes1)
Yey!!! Then again it has to go through customs and then travel to Northern Canada, where mail isn’t always the fastest. Here’s hopping it arrives on time :p

For folks who want to track the shipment, try logging into your my viking account. I got a pop-up leading me to the tracking information. Or try this link (with your account): https://www.myvikingjourney.com/account/VisaTravelDocumentation/

My tracking number indicates I'll get mine tomorrow, so hopefully others will get theirs soon, too!

Just checked & our package should be arriving on Friday . . . excitement level increasing daily now - leaving in just 7 weeks from today WOW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter