Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

....neither do we, but, obviously, because we don't bother with kiosks that don't offer GF food items...

Good point. I spent a day last year with a GF vegetarian and there were only a few things that she could eat.

I hope you guys going this fall to the F&W but have a better time of it than we did last year.... My experience was so bad that I left vowing never to return during that madness. :(
:sad2: I hate that happened on your trip. We were there for F&W last year and while the crowd level was higher than expected, it wasn't bad. We saw a few folks acting up, but CM's were there to handle them.

EXACTLY. And, what's worse, we are allotted 15 sick days during the school year, but we use more than 5 sick days [even with a doctor's notice], it's reflected in our annual end-of-year report/evaluation. Basically, we get a failing grade for attendance.
:mad: That stinks!

.....yeah, but the beauty in that is that you'll be able to experience more of the current projects happening around the 'World'...
True! We go to WDW every other year, so it's OK. I'm just bummed as you and Franandaj are going at the same time we usually go. We could've met up.

I'm not as he11bent on visiting every kiosk. ... I do have a few favorites that I want to hit. ... We plan on getting the Express Bus service that takes you from park to park. We'll see how that works!
I'm the same way. I'm more selective on the kiosks to visit. Let me know how the Express Bus service is. I'm seriously considering it as DH hates to wait. He loves F&W, but hates to wait. :rolleyes1

Firming up my eclipse plans and narrowing down my selections for camera filters and solar glasses. Is anyone else planning to travel to see the eclipse?

EXACTLY. And, what's worse, we are allotted 15 sick days during the school year, but we use more than 5 sick days [even with a doctor's notice], it's reflected in our annual end-of-year report/evaluation. Basically, we get a failing grade for attendance.

That is SO wrong. Why give them if you only get penalized for using them?!....is it like some twisted contest to see who can resist the temptation?!! :mad:

We plan on getting the Express Bus service that takes you from park to park. We'll see how that works!

Wait.....what??! What is this?! :hyper:

I don't think we've been to WDW for a full week since 2011, back then the F&W was pretty enjoyable.

I get both sick leave and vacation. We can use our vacation pretty easily, but unlike some I know, I don't use my sick leave for silly stuff so I'll have 14 weeks to get paid off for when I retire.:banana::banana::banana:

We can use our vacation pretty easily, but unlike some I know, I don't use my sick leave for silly stuff so I'll have 14 weeks to get paid off for when I retire.:banana::banana::banana:
.....we get 10 sick days per year [15 after 4 years & one day of service], which can accumulate if not used. However, in the past, teachers were allowed to 'cash out' (for lack of a better word) their sick days when they reached retirement. Unfortunately, thanks to 'fat boy' down in Trenton, we cannot do that anymore - our maximum is $15,000 [comes out to less than $11,000 after taxes :mad: ] that we can recoup, no matter how many sick days we've accumulated over the years. Per our contract, it used to be 200 days, and as contracts were renegotiated, it went down to 175 days, 160 days, 130 days, 105 days, 95 days to where we are now. I can tell you that 99% of the teachers that I know never use sick days for 'silly things' or frivolities - especially since we get up to 5 personal days per year [if those aren't used, they become part of the sick day accumulation]....

.....we get 10 sick days per year [15 after 4 years & one day of service], which can accumulate if not used. However, in the past, teachers were allowed to 'cash out' (for lack of a better word) their sick days when they reached retirement. Unfortunately, thanks to 'fat boy' down in Trenton, we cannot do that anymore - our maximum is $15,000 [comes out to less than $11,000 after taxes :mad: ] that we can recoup, no matter how many sick days we've accumulated over the years. Per our contract, it used to be 200 days, and as contracts were renegotiated, it went down to 175 days, 160 days, 130 days, 105 days, 95 days to where we are now. I can tell you that 99% of the teachers that I know never use sick days for 'silly things' or frivolities - especially since we get up to 5 personal days per year [if those aren't used, they become part of the sick day accumulation]....
That stinks.

Only management staff can cash out half their sick leave. My husband had as much as I do and lost it all when he retired. Many I know nickel and dime it away since they know they'll lose it.

....and there's the rub....we know that we will never see that $$ again, but if we use more than 5 sick days a year, we get penalized with a 'bad grade' (Unsatisfactory) for the attendance part of our yearly evaluation, even if it IS legit. My supervisor had surgery on her knee near the end of this past school year and she [obviously] used more than 5 sick days, and she got an 'Unsatisfactory' for that part of her eval......ridiculous!

....boy, am I sure excited! I just booked an ADR for Be Our Guest AND MNSSHP when we go to the F&WF! Yippee skippy!

We did BoG for lunch last October -- no Beast, but the atmosphere was GREAT! No complaints on the food, either; I think we all got hot sandwiches of some sort. We ate in the Beast's bedroom (I think??)....it's the really dark one with the claw marks through the pictures and the rose by a window.

Went up to Anaheim this weekend, and I GOT TO USE MY PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumping1:

I went to a ticket window, asked the gal if I was in the right place to get the actual pass that I had recently ordered (I was). Told her I knew I was blocked out until mid-August but I was in town for the weekend and thought I'd pick it up.

Big smile on her face as she tells me, "Actually, you get to in today! First use of a new pass has no blockout dates!"

:eek:....:faint:...:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Had. A. BLAST!! Went straight to Disneyland park, just took in the atmosphere and enjoyed myself. Got a FP for Big Thunder (with a return time starting only 20 minutes away), then did Jungle Cruise (hardly any line). Went back for my BTMRR return time. After a while I went over to California Adventure!! Did a lot of walking around just to explore! Got a FP for Soarin' (my first time with the new version; I passed on it in Epcot last Oct.). Not a big fan, def. liked the first one better. :guilty: Rode Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, just because! :rotfl: AND!!!......I got to ride Radiator Springs Racers in the single rider line, which had NO ONE in it!!!!!! Score! :thumbsup2

Anyway, it was a VERY fun, VERY unexpected day! DS15 also had a ton of fun at SneakerCon and wants to go back next year as a vendor! Go him!

My Internet is touchy today but I'm going to try to upload a few pics sometime later..... Stay tuned!

We did BoG for lunch last October -- no Beast, but the atmosphere was GREAT! No complaints on the food, either; I think we all got hot sandwiches of some sort. We ate in the Beast's bedroom (I think??)....it's the really dark one with the claw marks through the pictures and the rose by a window.

....very cool!

Yay! When is your pass going to be valid again? In August?

Yes, Aug. 21st. It's the Southern California Select; basically good for Mon.-Fri. except major holidays, and about the two months of summer (mid-June to mid-Aug.). It works fine for me, as most of my days off that I'd want to go, are weekdays.

Also, it was hot there this weekend. Not Florida hot, of course ("It's a dry heat..." :rotfl:), but hot none the less. I'm ready to wait until it's cooled off some before venturing back!! (I will actually be in FL at the end of Aug., so it'll be sometime in Sept. before I go again).

Ok, of the handful of pics I wanted to post here, these are the only two it would accept as not being too large..... :headache:

IMG_0675.JPG
Me right after getting in....First thing I did was get ears. :rotfl2:

IMG_0689.JPG
Pic of Oswald (never seen him before!) and didn't notice until later that the random guy with him had his same ears!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter