DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Hi Dan! I don't know if I posted before, but can you believe that it's been almost 14 years since we ate at CRT with the anniversary couple (so sorry I can't remember their name)? Then we went and saw the brand new attraction, Mickey's Philharmagic. Simba was a kitten when I first joined here in 1999, went across the Rainbow bridge a few years ago.

Dan, I rarely visit the boards these days. Just now seeing your post about Judi. Remember her well from the CB many years ago. How is she doing?
Hi Mimi, nice seeing you too.

Judi is doing well, thanks. She and her younger son were in the women's march in DC on January 21st. She looked great!!! Next time we talk, I will let her know you asked about her.

Great to see updates from friends on this thread. Sue and I are in Florida and will be attending the DISboards 20th anniversary celebration on June 1st. Time sure does fly. We have purchased a home in Davenport, just 20 minutes west of WDW. Our daughter is living there with her husband until we retire.

We have made so many lifelong friends here on the DIS and can never thank Pete and crew enough for that opportunity.
Thanks for the update, John. Sounds like a nice setup with your FL home. Sarah still working with Disney there? How about James, finished his medical school and all it entails? Wonder if he still thinks we are 'weird". :laughing: My best to you and Sue.

Hi Dan! I don't know if I posted before, but can you believe that it's been almost 14 years since we ate at CRT with the anniversary couple (so sorry I can't remember their name)? Then we went and saw the brand new attraction, Mickey's Philharmagic. Simba was a kitten when I first joined here in 1999, went across the Rainbow bridge a few years ago.
Hi Dorothy, great to see also. 14 years, wow!! That was Photobearsam (Samantha) and her hubby, Richard. We had a nice morning with them. That's when Mickey's Philharmagic opened?

Sorry to hear about your Simba. :hug:'s He lives on in your memories, and your name here.

Dan, I am so happy to hear she is doing well! Thank you.

Sarah still works for Disney. James switched course (literally) and is now teaching communications at Kent State while working on his PhD. Both kids are married and I am certain that grandkids are in our future.

Cannot sat whether or not James still thinks you (and the rest of my DIS friends) are weird. LOL

Hi! I'm newish. I was here 2 years ago but forgot my old screen name and had to start over! Yep!

I like you guys.

Anyone remember the Trip Reporter who always traveled with her mom & "Pop," who always tried I the hats? I loved her TRs but I can't remember her name to look her up and see what adventures she's had!

Sarah still works for Disney. James switched course (literally) and is now teaching communications at Kent State while working on his PhD. Both kids are married and I am certain that grandkids are in our future.

Cannot sat whether or not James still thinks you (and the rest of my DIS friends) are weird. LOL
Thanks for the updates, John. Both married? Time sure does fly. My best to you and your family.

Hi! I'm newish. I was here 2 years ago but forgot my old screen name and had to start over! Yep!

I like you guys.

Anyone remember the Trip Reporter who always traveled with her mom & "Pop," who always tried I the hats? I loved her TRs but I can't remember her name to look her up and see what adventures she's had!
Welcome to the dis, MM. I do not know the person you are speaking of. Sounds fun though.

Well, look at you posting on the DIS!!! Haven't seen that in a dog's age!!! Hope you guys are having fun...looks like it. Wish I could have joined you but life being what it is, can't get there until the 11th. Hope I see Sarah at some point.
Hi Dan!!!! Haven't chatted for a bit. Miss seeing you around the world. My Kate finished up her College Program and is starting a job over at US..the new Jimmy Fallon attraction, in late June.

Hello all! Wish I could have been at the 20th anniversary! That would have been a blast!! We won't be back in WDW until October and then again in November! I keep running out of DVC points!

The boards have changed a lot but I still enjoy checking in occasionally

I like that so many people have this thread send them emails or some notification when there is a post on it. When somebody digs of this oldie thread, there are always a few more who pop in to say hello. :cool1:

Mimi, Diane, Barb, Kitty, Scott, Ramona, Karen, Marcie :wave:

I got my first computer in the Fall of 2000 and the first things I sought out on the internet were Disney sites. Not only was I new to being on-line but the entire world of discussion forums, The Dis was probably among the first URLs I ever clicked on. What an eye-opener! Some of the names of folks on this thread stick in my mind even after all these years. I remember seeing people with post counts in the hundreds and thinking "How did they ever do that???" Well...:rolleyes1 Twin DDs were high school seniors when I joined here...now both are married and DW & I are grandparents. :goodvibes Good to see the names from back in the day again, don't make yerself scarce!:thumbsup2

It has been ages since I have posted but wanted to pass on the word that a long time member MsKanga lost her battle with cancer today. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter