• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Also I dont know if any of you remember Ricola, he died about 10 years ago, I dont know how, but another poster showed me his obit, but fekt it wasnt good the dis knew about it cause of a rift he had with his wife about the dis, but Im certain since 10 years has passed its ok to bring it up

Old timer here. I first joined in 2000 but changed the name because I didn't like the old one, can't remember what is was now, but this is suites me more.

Hi, Anna.

I looked up Rich on the Memorium forum. Passed away 16 years ago, age 42. A great DVC poster for sure. RIP.

Some of his posts will live on forever in my mind and many others. I'll never again walk through a BWV hallway without thinking of rats in a maze.

A long time ago, in a land faraway, there was a DIS meet, a BIG one, RiddleCon pics

Over the years, and several times recently, I have been asked about the 'RiddleCon' thread and pictures. Not sure where the thread/s is/are, (goes back to 2003), but I do have the pictures. Over the years, I have posted them several times, using various hosting sites. When those sites went kaput, I had to redo the pictures. For some time now, the RiddleCon pictures that I had posted have not worked.

However, here they are again. Those who were around then certainly recall these, I think. Enjoy the memories.

This was last posted 14 years ago, 2006.....

Back in August of 2003, getting on close to three years ago, a pretty large group of folks from the DIS got together for the first, and only, RiddleCon, at Cedar Point, OH. It went on for about five days, with most being there about three days. :woohoo:

It started with a group of folks who frequented the the morning Riddle thread. The Riddle thread still goes on here on the CB, almost every weekday morning, unless a riddle person oversleeps, LOL :duck: and even then, somebody will fill in. It's a fun thread. Anyway, the group who frequented it then, planned and got together back then for that weekend. And a good number of folks who did not actively visit the Riddle thread were also there. It was one of the best, fun times I have had with DIS folks since frequenting the DIS here since early '99, so many good people. :cloud9: :grouphug: :cloud9:

I have had the link in my signature for some time now, to go to a picture thread, with sound. I was just changing the link, to switch it to the Oldtimer one I have down there now, and realized the RiddleCon had all broken links in it. So, I did a little repair work, uploaded to another working site of mine, and it now works again. :goodvibes

So, for those who were there, reminisce, for those who have seen this before, maybe check it out again. For those who have not seen it, hope you enjoy it for the first time. :cool1: :goodvibes

Maybe click the video link below to listen to a
great song while checking out the pictures

DSCN7742001.jpg

DSCN7743001.jpg

DSCN7744001.jpg

DSCN7745001.jpg

DSCN7747001.jpg

DSCN7748001.jpg

DSCN7750001.jpg

DSCN7751001.jpg

DSCN7752001.jpg

DSCN7753001.jpg

DSCN7754001.jpg

DSCN7755001.jpg

DSCN7756001.jpg

DSCN7758001.jpg

DSCN7759001.jpg

DSCN7761001.jpg

DSCN7762001.jpg

DSCN7763001.jpg

DSCN7767001.jpg

DSCN7769001.jpg

DSCN7771001.jpg

DSCN7772001.jpg

DSCN7773001.jpg

DSCN7774001.jpg

Last edited:

Some of his posts will live on forever in my mind and many others. I'll never again walk through a BWV hallway without thinking of rats in a maze.

I will never forget, the very first time we stayed at BWVs, we had the last room on the other end - I was thinking of Rich's posts and laughing all the way there - I almost wet my pants. The walk just never ended lol

I think there was some other yearly dismeet with guests speakers in PA many years ago. I was a fairly new member.

I subscribe to this Oldtimers thread and love getting an email alert when it's being bumped back up. Love the pictures @Dan Murphy as always. I recognized a few faces and looks like a fun time was had.

Dan, you need to post the pics we had of our Michigan Meets (Lansing or Battle Creek) Gosh, those were a really long time ago, too. I probably would only recognize you and Kathytxn and my family. I do remember John who I think was in your pics of the Riddle com pics.

Looks like a fun group and a good time! I wonder where all those people are now.
It was a VERY fun group, fun times back then. I often wonder also.
I love them Dan and know a few people, and it sure would take a long time but cpations of whos who would be great
Yes, that would take a long time to figure out again. Too many years.
I love seeing these!
Hi, old-timers! Long time, no see :wave:
Krista, how the heck are you? Great to see you again. How is mom doing, well I hope?
I see Danny and Juli Dennis. Danny is on a ventilator in a Columbus ICU fighting for his life right now. Juli would appreciate prayers foe him and for his caregivers.View attachment 541703
Darn, that's terrible, John. Wishing Danny well, full recovery. He'll be in my prayers for healing. Thanks for sharing that news.
I subscribe to this Oldtimers thread and love getting an email alert when it's being bumped back up. Love the pictures @Dan Murphy as always. I recognized a few faces and looks like a fun time was had.
Hey, Kyle. Good to see you also. Hoping you, Elizabeth and Reese are all doing well.

Wishing everyone a very good 2021.

Dan, you need to post the pics we had of our Michigan Meets (Lansing or Battle Creek) Gosh, those were a really long time ago, too. I probably would only recognize you and Kathytxn and my family. I do remember John who I think was in your pics of the Riddle com pics.
Kitty, I have no idea where those pictures are today. That was close to 20 years ago. I recall it was in a mall. And I recall your boys were playing video games in a nearby game room. I'm sure the pictures are on one of several computers I have sitting around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter