DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Hi guys- I see lots of familiar names on here. I'm still around, but I mostly just lurk now.

Hi Angie!
It's been a long time since I saw you at WLV. ( 2001 I believe) How are you?

Wow, can't believe this thread is still active. It's like coming home seeing some of the old names from way back when. I am not around very often, but have been lurking recently.

Hi Angie! I am mostly a lurker too. I can remember when you graduated from UT!!! My granddaughters are now 6 and 1 in about two weeks. Just wanted to say hi to you!!! Boots:goodvibes

Yup- still at Disney. :) I've been there for almost 7 years now.
I recently decided to take classes in graphic design at a local community college. I've been doing a lot of community theater over the last year because my schedule finally allowed for it and got my first lead role as Julie Jordan in Carousel the October before last.

I've been seeing a great guy, and we celebrate one year together next month.

Family is fine. Would you believe that Brittany is 12 and Abigail just turned 8. Remember us coming to a DIS meeting with Abigail when she was a newborn? Wow, that was 8 years ago.

Came back to the boards to plan a trip in August. ugh.
Glad all is well! Yes, I believe Brittany is 12 - so is Kelly, and yes, I remember the Stratford Square meet quite well! I couldn't BELIEVE how well Gael shopped, and packed that stroller with Disney Store bags! :lmao: We're going in June, as soon as Kelly is out of school!

We met in 2007 tho also, with Dan & Marie, at Walker's, I think? After you and Brittany saw a movie? 3 years ago? That's just not right! :sad2:

:wave2:And Simba just turned 13!:love:
Happy 13th Simba! :thumbsup2

Hi guys- I see lots of familiar names on here. I'm still around, but I mostly just lurk now.
Angie! We share a BD, I remember! :thumbsup2 You're much younger tho, of course! ;)

Wow, can't believe this thread is still active. It's like coming home seeing some of the old names from way back when. I am not around very often, but have been lurking recently.
Wish you were here more often! Heck, I wish I was here more often! ;)

Yup- still at Disney. :) I've been there for almost 7 years now.
I recently decided to take classes in graphic design at a local community college. I've been doing a lot of community theater over the last year because my schedule finally allowed for it and got my first lead role as Julie Jordan in Carousel the October before last.

I've been seeing a great guy, and we celebrate one year together next month.
Angie, that is awesome!!! ALL great news! Congrats and Best wishes! And, in case you're not around 10/20 - Happy Birthday to us Both! :yay: (Where are you, or Who are you in WDW now? - We're coming in June, and I'd love to 'greet' you! :thumbsup2 )

Love this oldies thread! :grouphug:

Angie, that is awesome!!! ALL great news! Congrats and Best wishes! And, in case you're not around 10/20 - Happy Birthday to us Both! :yay: (Where are you, or Who are you in WDW now? - We're coming in June, and I'd love to 'greet' you! :thumbsup2 )

Love this oldies thread! :grouphug:

Yes, I remember sharing birthdays. :)
I'm not in entertainment at Disney anymore. About 2 and a half years ago, I decided to move into the castle and do princess makeovers on little girls as a fairy godmother in training!

Jeff - I think she told us. ;)
I'm not in entertainment at Disney anymore. About 2 and a half years ago, I decided to move into the castle and do princess makeovers on little girls as a fairy godmother in training!

Yes, I remember sharing birthdays. :)

:thumbsup2 Congrats on the Man in your life too!:wizard:

Hi y'all!
Hi AngieBelle! We met in Epcot a few years back. Glad to hear you are still doing your thing!!!

So nice to see all this wonderful *old* DISers. I always know I should be in bed when I read the "KimRaye". lol

I've seen one of you cats on FB!! :)

im not new...just a lurker....used to post on the DEBATE board back in the day until it got all fiery and hot in there! :lmao:

I post on the Theme Parks and Resort boards mainly, but I do read the CB everyday! And I post when I have something interesting to say. I tend to be a "thread-killer":lmao:

But hello everyone! :dance3:

I'm an old timer - just came back today (although I should be working). Started on the DIS in 1995 I think. Stopped coming on in 2008 due to a divorce....

I'm back. :cool1:

I remember you Dan Murphy.

My long story short: EX husband and I honeymooned at Disney. And both were hooked. I had gone as a child though and basically was already hooked. We were separated in late Spring 2008. Actually, the whole thing "went down" while on a Disney trip. Sad.

But, I'm now officially glad that it happened because I met the greatest man...and I proved how strong I was and survived the whole thing with flying colors.

So, I didn't think I'd be ready to go back for awhile and I'm just now getting the itch. The trick will be to get my BF hooked. He's from South Africa, so Disney isn't part of his culture. But he's been before - only to Epcot and MK. The trick now, and it's in progress, is planning at trip and getting him there.

Any ideas? I'm starting to look at price options. NO longer have AP's. Not sure if it's worth it anymore. Used to be. And we won't be going constantly like ex and I. Just went to Key West a month ago...could maybe coax him into a fall trip because he's trained as a chef. Food and wine!!!!

I'm glad to be back....I feel like a dummy who knows nothing.

PamNC

I'm an old timer - just came back today (although I should be working). Started on the DIS in 1995 I think. Stopped coming on in 2008 due to a divorce....

I'm back. :cool1:

I remember you Dan Murphy.

My long story short: EX husband and I honeymooned at Disney. And both were hooked. I had gone as a child though and basically was already hooked. We were separated in late Spring 2008. Actually, the whole thing "went down" while on a Disney trip. Sad.

But, I'm now officially glad that it happened because I met the greatest man...and I proved how strong I was and survived the whole thing with flying colors.

So, I didn't think I'd be ready to go back for awhile and I'm just now getting the itch. The trick will be to get my BF hooked. He's from South Africa, so Disney isn't part of his culture. But he's been before - only to Epcot and MK. The trick now, and it's in progress, is planning at trip and getting him there.

Any ideas? I'm starting to look at price options. NO longer have AP's. Not sure if it's worth it anymore. Used to be. And we won't be going constantly like ex and I. Just went to Key West a month ago...could maybe coax him into a fall trip because he's trained as a chef. Food and wine!!!!

I'm glad to be back....I feel like a dummy who knows nothing.

PamNC

Hi Pam, Welcome Back! That's quite a story, glad to hear things have turned out for the best for you. You''ll be back up to speed for WDW in no time.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter