DIS Unplugged Show Feedback and Suggestions

Since the DISers are in the parks with a set schedule each month, maybe you could just create a simple week calendar and put it up on the show notes or disunplugged page. Seems silly to have Pete repeat it every other week and trying to figure out what podcast it's in is bothersome. Heres a unpolished mockup:

DISWeek.gif

Since the DISers are in the parks with a set schedule each month, maybe you could just create a simple week calendar and put it up on the show notes or disunplugged page. Seems silly to have Pete repeat it every other week and trying to figure out what podcast it's in is bothersome. Heres a unpolished mockup:

I'm crashing the party next week!!

Not sure if this is a dead thread or not but has anyone else noticed that housekeeping is taking, proportionally, a lot more time of the main Tuesday show? Sometimes it's like housekeeping goes on forever then it's like a race to get through the rest of the show in around the hour time. Totally understand you guys want to get your plugs in for your other shows and events but (in my opinion of course) it can take so long that the rest of the show suffers. It didn't feel as big a deal back when there was two shows but now it's down to the one main show it's much more noticeable.

Politely disagree if you mean that a longish housekeeping segment is not preferable or that the rest of the show suffers as a result. Some of my favorite spontaneous podcast moments have occurred during housekeeping.

Not sure if this is a dead thread or not but has anyone else noticed that housekeeping is taking, proportionally, a lot more time of the main Tuesday show? Sometimes it's like housekeeping goes on forever then it's like a race to get through the rest of the show in around the hour time. Totally understand you guys want to get your plugs in for your other shows and events but (in my opinion of course) it can take so long that the rest of the show suffers. It didn't feel as big a deal back when there was two shows but now it's down to the one main show it's much more noticeable.
Yeah, I noticed it has "morphed" a little bit, but feel the general banter and tone of the show is still the same as I always knew and loved. Them talking more about the other shows, and special events, etc. is because there ARE more of them, which I also appreciate, and love. Again - respectfully - I don't feel any other segments are getting overlooked or shortchanged at all.

Politely disagree if you mean that a longish housekeeping segment is not preferable or that the rest of the show suffers as a result. Some of my favorite spontaneous podcast moments have occurred during housekeeping.
LOL I'm with you. I have gotten a lot of laughs from the housekeeping portion:rotfl:, plus I know they do that to stretch out time.

I think the housekeeping portion is fine, and I do enjoy a lot of the banter that comes from it.

However, I do feel some content loss since Dustin left and they eliminated the separate "segment" shows each week, and that might be part of why it feels like housekeeping is taking up a larger chunk of the content. Yeah, they still cover all of the special events, do some dining reviews, etc. But I feel like we're missing out on some of the other types of content they used to do on the segment shows, like when Dustin would just do a bracket show narrowing down the best of a certain type of attraction or discussing strategies for great photography in the parks or something like that. It feels like there's no "room" for those types of segments any more.

Don't get me wrong. I love the podcasts they are doing, and I know that most of the 10 years of the show didn't have separate "segment" shows. I also know it's a ton of work keeping up on all the content they are producing this year. But, still, I feel like something has been lost since those segment shows were dumped.

Different strokes for different folks and I respectfully disagree back.

Just to balance things out though I'm loving all the vlogs, one of the main things I've missed is dining reviews and these have filled in that gap :).

Is there a podcast today, July 19th? When I go to the site there is a video screen, but it is marked "Private". Did yesterday's anniversary show replace the usual Tuesday show?

I just wish that 3/4ths of Kathy's face wasn't constantly blocked by her mic. I want to see Kathy, darn it! :) Otherwise, I'm good.

I'll be the one to agree with this. Maybe lately it's just been all the stuff they had to mention for the anniversary / Mega-meet, and possibly will decrease after the big event, but it does seem to be taking up a larger chunk of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter