DIS Unplugged Show Feedback and Suggestions

One piece of feedback I have is that it seems this board kinda gets left behind on the podcasts. They'll talk about their Facebook page, putting polls up there, etc... but almost no mention of the board dedicated specifically to the show.

One piece of feedback I have is that it seems this board kinda gets left behind on the podcasts. They'll talk about their Facebook page, putting polls up there, etc... but almost no mention of the board dedicated specifically to the show.
Yeah I tend to agree.
Funnily enough, I started listening to the show because I was on the boards and wondered what this podcast board was all about. And 2 years later, I'm still listening and I don't even visit other areas of the boards anymore.
It would be cool to hear some of our discussions mentioned on things like the daily fix

I have made this suggestion before, but I will repeat myself. A segment on smoking in the parks, at the resorts, waiting for busses et. Pete vs JL would go great so you hear from both sides. It is always a mystery to me how some smokers are oblivious or just don't care about the rules, while non-smokers are indignant and down right rude when they sit down in an area designated for smoking. This could be covered in 3 minutes, or take an hour based on the rant level of the day.

I don't know if this has been suggested before as a topic, but I would be curious to see and hear how the team feels about the different Disney "work arounds" that seem to be multiplying as people find holes in the system. Things like throw away rooms, extra magic bands for extra fastpasses, using rider swap to get extra fastpasses, etc. Does the team feel like there is any harm in these practices? Do they think Disney will close all the loopholes eventually? Is there any impact on the regular park visitor that does not do a ton of research since these practices can spread like wildfire thanks to the internet?

Just curious... Love the show! Keep up the good work!

I would be curious to see and hear how the team feels about the different Disney "work arounds" that seem to be multiplying as people find holes in the system. Things like throw away rooms, extra magic bands for extra fastpasses, using rider swap to get extra fastpasses, etc.
I think the team tries their best to avoid talking about these topics because they don't want to inadvertently promote them to people who may not have thought of it already. For example, I have no idea what you mean by using rider swap for extra FPs. The more this stuff gets talked about, the more people take advantage of the loopholes. Better to not mention them.

That said, I think they have touched on these topics from time to time, usually saying that it is Disney's responsibility to close the loopholes.

I don't know if this has been suggested before as a topic, but I would be curious to see and hear how the team feels about the different Disney "work arounds" that seem to be multiplying as people find holes in the system. Things like throw away rooms, extra magic bands for extra fastpasses, using rider swap to get extra fastpasses, etc. Does the team feel like there is any harm in these practices? Do they think Disney will close all the loopholes eventually? Is there any impact on the regular park visitor that does not do a ton of research since these practices can spread like wildfire thanks to the internet?

Just curious... Love the show! Keep up the good work!

They have covered a few of these when they get big enough to make the news or if it was one of the "top 10 threads of a month". I know they covered the "throwaway room" one and I think the touched on when people would make ADRs for Akershus but then not even go but use it as an excuse to get into WD early to get in line for when A&E met there. They also covered the recent thing related to websites that you would pay for ADRs for

Generally, as Disneysteve mentioned, their view is that it is Disney's job to close the loophole. Though I think they were a little more in the gray about if an external vendor was making money off of something (like with the websites charging for ADRs).

I think also because we are part of the IDC (Internet Disney Community) and think we sometimes underestimate how many people aren't clued in so unless it starts getting into the press and putting Disney in a negative light (or there is a new way for them to make money) I don't think they worry too much about closing many of these loopholes

This! I mentioned this last year (on this same thread I believe) but my feedback was not taken very well.. :confused3

This! I mentioned this last year (on this same thread I believe) but my feedback was not taken very well.. :confused3
The boards are getting a bit more attention in The Daily Fix now where we talk about a thread or two that was trending the day before. Have you guys checked it out? :)

Yes, heard the Daily Fix today mention CampbellSoup's cruise report, and headed right over to read it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter