Disboutique Fabric Swap ... update page 7

What are fat quarters?? I've seen that before and have no clue! :lmao:

Fat Quaters are 18 inches x 22 inches. If you take a yard of fabric and cut it down the center length and width you get a fat quarter. I use them a lot to make strip work skirts.

I would be in favor of doing a FQ swap.

I KNOW!!!!:cheer2:

I'm SOOOO excited to get started!

I'm planning on just a hodge podge truly random blocks about 5 inches big each with no repeats! That's going to be a FUN task.

I'm going to make mine extra cozy and fluffy and tie it with yarn.

I'm talking a mile a minute, SORRY!

I feel like Christmastime is so busy! But when it's all over, I think, "Now What"? So this will give me something cool to look forward to! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm a dork, I know!

Address would be sent to me and I would send out addreses to the people in the groups.

Suggested groups:

Group a: Disney girl :tinker:

Group B: Disney boy :mickeyjum

Group C: Disney General :earsboy:

Group D: Holiday :santa:
1. Christmas
2. Thanksgiving
3. Valentine's Day
4. 4th of July
5. Easter

Group E. Yardage - boy :groom:
any thing goes in this swap as long as it is at least a yard!!

Group F.- Yardage - girl :cutie:
anything goes as long as it is at least a yard.

Groups A - D would be for 6x6 "scraps". E and F are for yardage.
For the Holiday (group d) category you would sign up for the group and pick a holiday. We could do the same for the Disney groups, - assign a character. That way you'd know what characters you were getting but not the exact fabric. (No duplicates that way.)

If there is enough intrest I would like to add a Holiday yardage category. :flower3:

Maybe for the groups doing scraps (or 6x6 squares) you could send out 4-6 different squares to each person. That way you're not just getting 1 little scrap of fabric.

And in all groups it has to be fabric that you yourself would use in a project!! No selvage pieces please!! LOL!

Is all of this making sense to everyone? I know if I wasn't typing it I would be confused!! :confused3

I added to this so I posted again!! LOL!! I am also updating who's intrested on the first page. Look at that we already have 2 pages!!

I'm interested in a fabric swap also... the 6x6 or Fat Quarter size would be great for me. I love the idea of a Disney I-Spy quilt!

Years and years ago I participated in a lot of fabric and quilt block swaps (and even hosted a few myself) - they are so much fun. In the on-line quilting community in 1999 there were a lot of Y2K swaps going on. The goal was to collect 2000 different fabric squares (I don't remember the size - 2x2 or 3x3). I remember I collected 2000+ squares, but never did anything with them - I don't even know what happened to them eventually :rotfl:

Ok, I want to sign up for the 6x6 quilt exchange - Group C -Disney General. SO, does that mean it can be ANYTHING Disney? Or does it have to be like fab 5 characters or what?

Have we established a FQ category yet? I'd like in for a Disney girl FQ, and a Holiday FQ group.

Man, you girls are some sewing, knitting, and posting crazies!!! I look at these messages at noon and by night I am totally lost!

I have to read through all of this thread, but count me in on all of it! I love things like this!

Susan

Address would be sent to me and I would send out addreses to the people in the groups.

Suggested groups:

Group a: Disney girl :tinker:

Group B: Disney boy :mickeyjum

Group C: Disney General :earsboy:

Group D: Holiday :santa:
1. Christmas
2. Thanksgiving
3. Valentine's Day
4. 4th of July
5. Easter

Group E. Yardage - boy :groom:
any thing goes in this swap as long as it is at least a yard!!

Group F.- Yardage - girl :cutie:
anything goes as long as it is at least a yard.

Groups A - D would be for 6x6 "scraps". E and F are for yardage.
For the Holiday (group d) category you would sign up for the group and pick a holiday. We could do the same for the Disney groups, - assign a character. That way you'd know what characters you were getting but not the exact fabric. (No duplicates that way.)

If there is enough intrest I would like to add a Holiday yardage category. :flower3:

Maybe for the groups doing scraps (or 6x6 squares) you could send out 4-6 different squares to each person. That way you're not just getting 1 little scrap of fabric.

And in all groups it has to be fabric that you yourself would use in a project!! No selvage pieces please!! LOL!

Is all of this making sense to everyone? I know if I wasn't typing it I would be confused!! :confused3

I love that you added smilies for each category! :hug: :love: :cheer2:

Now, here's a question,

What if I want to be in group a, b, and c (to achieve my big variety of 6 inch pieces) Is that ok? As long as I'm sending as much as I'm receiving. I can't afford to do the yardage or FQ swaps this time. I know I have plenty on hand to share.

But maybe we can do this a couple times a year, like Jan 1st and June 1st???

Can we just rough cut the squares or rotary cut them all nice. I guess it doesn't matter.

This will be our practice go around and we'll work out the kinks next time, if necessary.

You can sign up for as many groups as you want, as long as you send out the same amount that you would get. So if you sign up for 3 groups and there are 5 people in each group (including yourself) you would send out 12 of your fabrics (Bundles). Don't forget to keep a square that you are sending out for yourself. Make sense? (Was my math right?!)

Ok, I want to sign up for the 6x6 quilt exchange - Group C -Disney General. SO, does that mean it can be ANYTHING Disney? Or does it have to be like fab 5 characters or what?

Have we established a FQ category yet? I'd like in for a Disney girl FQ, and a Holiday FQ group.

I personally would rather do Fat Quarters in all the groups (excluding the yardage groups of course) but will do whatever everyone else wants to do. Maybe we can post a poll on the size. Anyone know how to do that?!

If the majority wants just 6x6 squares we can always add a FQ group (or 2)!!

Whoohoo!! So far we have 18 people intrested!! Not bad for a few hours. And the witching hours when all the night owls come out haven't even begun!! There is an updated list in the 5th post if anyone wants to check on it.

I would be more interested in FQ's! I don't make quilts but with FQ's you can make stripwork or patchwork stuff at least!:goodvibes

My*2*angels - I agree. There's alot of intrest so I am thinking we'll have enough for double groups - one for "scraps" (6x6 squares) and one for fat quarters. We should still have a boy and girl "anything goes" yardage group.

I'm interested, too. I have a question, though. What if I have a lot of Princess fabric, but want some boy fabric? Is that possible? I'd be contributing to one group, but wanting from another.

Chantell

I'm interested, too. I have a question, though. What if I have a lot of Princess fabric, but want some boy fabric? Is that possible? I'd be contributing to one group, but wanting from another.

Chantell

Hmmm....we'll have a general Disney group, you would sign up for princess.

I'm thinking we'll do the Disney category like the Holiday one. You would sign up for a certain character in that group. Or we could do an "anything goes" where you send out any Disney fabric.

Hi Everyone,

Great idea, sounds like a lot of fun.

I have plenty of disney fabric, just let me know the details.

Thanks,
Marianne

I'm in. I know I have enough scraps to do 6x6, but I'm thinking fat quarters would be a good idea too. I guess I just need to make up my mind.

I want in! This sounds fun! And like Utahmama said, after the holidays, it gives you something to look forward to= a project to complete. If you make a quilt, just think the squares could be coming from all across the country! I think that makes it even more interesting!

:banana: :banana:

I'm in. I know I have enough scraps to do 6x6, but I'm thinking fat quarters would be a good idea too. I guess I just need to make up my mind.

I don't have a lot of scraps or a big fabric stash, so I'll be probably be buying new for the swap! I like the FQ's best - you can use them for a quilt, of like aimeeg said, they work great with stripwork skirts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter