Disboutique Fabric Swap ... update page 7

I just wanted to pop over and declare my interest. The next couple of days I'll be a little too loopy to offer much in the way of intelligent grown-up conversation. But I'm subscribed and very very interested.

Okay...here are the categories so far. 6X6 squares, send at least 2 different squares to each person in that group. (6X6 squares unless otherwise noted)

Group A: Disney Girls :tinker:

Group A2 : Disney Girls FQ :tink:

Group B: Disney boys :mickeyjum

Group B2: Disney Boys FQ :earsboy:

Group C: Disney General pluto:
1. Princess
2. Mickey
3. Minnie
4. Pixar
5. Mickey & Gang

Group C2: Disney General FQ :donald:
1. Princess
2. Mickey
3. Minnie
4. Pixar
5. Mickey & Gang

Group D: Holiday :santa:
1. Christmas
2. Thanksgiving/Halloween (either/or)
3. Easter
4. 4th of July
5. Valentine's Day

Group D2: Holiday FQ pirate:
1. Christmas
3. Easter
4. 4th of July
5. Valentine's day

Group E: Boy - yardage :groom:
anything goes as long as the fabric totals 1 yard.

Group F: Girl - yardage :cutie:
anything goes as long as the fabric totals at least one yard

Group G: Holiday - yardage :santa:
anything goes as long as the fabric totals 1 yard

Wheew!! That was alot of typing...for me anyway. I'm going to bed - I'll check back in tomorrow. Have a good night all you night owls!!

A Night Owl checking in- I want to sign up before things get to crazy around here- we're leaving for disney on thursday morning, and will be gone for a week. Don't know how I'll survive my DIS withdrawls- we don't have a laptop so I guess I'll be going cold turkey :rotfl2: Anyway I would like to sign up for these groups- A2, B, C-5,C2-4. Do I need to add what character/print description that I am sending... maybe I don't, that is part of the fun right?!?!? And I wanted to ask if it matters what type of material it is- like flannel, cotton, blend... etc. I'll be checking back for updates and changes when I can until we leave, I know we are still sort of setting up shop, so to speak. I'm so excited to make a quilt- haven't done one in quite a long time!!!

I would be interested but I have a fe concerns.

1. I would prefer to wait until after Jan 1 to start this. The holidays are just too busy and we won't get home from visiting with the relatives until Jan 2.

2. I need clear cut instructions as to what I am sending, to whom and how this is all working.

Thanks.

Is it sign up time? If it is and since I'm wanting all Disney for an I-Spy Quilt, I'd like to sign up for A, B, and C (all).

If anyone wants a good idea of what an I-Spy quilt looks like, you can google it. Or :wizard: has a good selection.(not sending you to any specific one though, of course).

It is a fabulous way to use up your scraps!

Uh ooh, I have 3 little kids. I need to get busy! My 4th kid is 18 and only wants Nightmare Before Christmas or villains...but that is later, MUCH later (he's hardly ever home, I wont feel badly).

I can't wait to see everyone's finished projects!

I'm PMing my address for my group(s)!

Is it sign up time? If it is and since I'm wanting all Disney for an I-Spy Quilt, I'd like to sign up for A, B, and C (all).

If anyone wants a good idea of what an I-Spy quilt looks like, you can google it. Or :wizard: has a good selection.(not sending you to any specific one though, of course).

It is a fabulous way to use up your scraps!

Uh ooh, I have 3 little kids. I need to get busy! My 4th kid is 18 and only wants Nightmare Before Christmas or villains...but that is later, MUCH later (he's hardly ever home, I wont feel badly).

I can't wait to see everyone's finished projects!

I'm PMing my address for my group(s)!

Do you do hexagons, or what shape do you use? I want to give this one a try, but those hexagons make me woozy.

My interest is A2, B2 C2 D2. for now. I agree with the other person who suggested we do this a couple times a year. What a great idea, whoever thought of it!

Finished my lion costume and burned my fingers with low temp glue gun...hate to see what high temp would have done. It is just adorable. It was one of those Tom someboy or another costumes that are pricey, but they made a pattern for it. The pattern was riduculous though. Whoever wrote it really did a poor job. There were parts that didn't make any sense at all, like insert elastic in casing...but there was no hole in which to insert the elastic and no way to do it without ruining it....So I did my own thing pretty much. I will post pics. Cameron is coming tonight so he can trick or treat with Makayla. What fun!

My BF and I just signed up for a quilting class so this is great for me. I don't know how many quilts I'll ever make but I'd like to make at least one for each kiddo so this swap is super. If I could get in on both the boy and girl swap that would be cool otherwise, I'll take what I can get.
...t.

Do you do hexagons, or what shape do you use? I want to give this one a try, but those hexagons make me woozy.

Agreed:tilt: I vote for just 6x6 squares. My quilts are far from exact & with hexagons-those seams can be tricky to match up, with out it all getting real crooked:crazy: ! Too complicated for my taste, let's keep things simple for all & just do squares. Sky's the limit on your imaginiation/creations after you get your stash of scraps!(hey is there such a thing as a DISBoutique Imagineer?:rotfl: )

Ok, if we're at the point of signs ups:
I'd like to be on
Group B: Disney boys
Group C: Disney General
although, most of what I have now in scraps is exclusive to mickey. I just bought yardage yesterday to do McQueen pjs, so I'll have scraps on that.

I thought of another couple questions:
1. Are we being specific on the type of fabrics? Like can flannel & cottons be included? Or are most sewers looking for mostly cotton, since it's mainly quilts being created?

2. How can we be sure that all our scraps aren't the same stuff? In other words, should we post pictures of what we've got to make sure we don't get a bunch of dupes? Or should we leave all the organizing of that info to the event planner (I forgot who was assigned?):confused:

**3. (this one's important one I forgot) My DS has allergies to smoke & dogs. I can launder out a few stray dog hairs, but NOT cigarette smoke. I'd have to be cautious in sewing anything he'd cuddle with that could set his asthma into motion.

I'm just sooo excited about this!!!:woohoo: :dance3: :grouphug: I can't wait for it to materialize!! :laughing:

Oh, yes, never thought about smoking....I just automatically assume people don't smoke...wrong...me too, no smoking stuff...

As far as Disney stuff, would this include polka dots too of any color? How about dino fabric for boys and lion faces...like in the animal kingdom? Animal prints... Or just characters...this is getting nuts, I know.

Hey, I will be happy with whatever I get. I think a Disney holiday quilt with all the different holidays would be cool, or different styles of Mickey, but then again, I like the princesses too...and tink...and color themes...oh dear, so many choices...I am excited!

Oh I am sooo glad you mentioned the allergies! My dd4 also has allergies and asthma so this would also be a concern of mine! However, she is allergic to cats and dogs, but like you said you can usually launder that out!:goodvibes

My interest is A2, B2 C2 D2. for now. I agree with the other person who suggested we do this a couple times a year. What a great idea, whoever thought of it!

No shapes or fancy stuff! Just squares. My patience and skill is limited ;)

You're welcome! I thought of it, but quickly passed the buck because I'm not good at being in charge. 2CuteKids is much better.

We should shoot for June 1st? That's if we do it twice a year. Cool?

I'm going to start cutting my squares to give as soon as Halloween is over.

Which reminds me I need a new rotary cutter blade.

Happy Halloween Eve Everyone!

I would like to sign up for A, B, and C.
Yay! A new project!
And this means I have an excuse to buy a rotary cutter. :rotfl2:
I used to have one, but I lost it in a move somehow.

So here are the rules and guidelines.
- Sign up for as many groups as you want. Remember if you sign up for 2 groups and each group has 5 people in it you will be sending out 8 fabric yards, FQ's or scrap bundles (Whichever size is appropriate for said group) Don't forget to save 2 for yourself (You make up the 5th person in each group. For each group you sign up for you will be receiving 4 different (3 in the case of the yardage groups) fabrics!

- For the fabric scraps group the scrap has to be at least 6X6 inches in size, neatly cut fabric squares. Send at least 2 fabric squares (bundles) to each person in that group.

- Fat quarters are 18X22. To get a fat quarter cut a yard of fabric in half both length and widthwise. Your resulting pieces should measure 18X22.

-For the yardage swaps, a full yard of fabric. Either 4 coordinating FQ's, or a full yard of fabric.

When you sign up for a group that has characters listed in it, pick the character that you will send out. So if you choose Group C: pick one of the 5 listed characters. The other 4 people in the group will pick a different character. Hopefully by doing it this way we won't have too many duplicates.

Mail Date Deadline is January 1st. If you are out of town at that time, send the fabric to the people in your group before you leave. It's okay if the fabric gets there early, but we don't want it getting there LATE!

You can start PMing your addresses to me. If the box is full send it to: lesile_rates@yahoo.com

We will close the swap on December 1st. Until then more people can still join. If all the groups fill up, we can always add more. If there is a group/category that you don't see that you would like we can always add that too!!

Please only from nonsmoking homes.

Do all of these "Guidelines" make sense? Does everyone know how this works? Post or PM me if there are any questions.

Okay...here are the categories so far. 6X6 squares, send at least 2 different squares to each person in that group. (6X6 squares unless otherwise noted)

Group A: Disney Girls :tinker:
1. celerystalker
2. spomgiemommie05
3. bsusanmb
4. Utahmama
5. 100acreprincess (purple princess)

Group A2 : Disney Girls FQ :tink:
1. t-beri
2. disneymommieof2
3. my*2*angels - Ariel

Group A3: Disney Girl
1. Dreamer & Wisher (purple princess)
2. adoptionmomma4
3. twins+2more (snow whtie)
4. cherlynn25

Group B: Disney boys :mickeyjum
2. spongiemommie05
3. bsusanmb
4. Utahmama
5. disneymommieof2

Group B2: Disney Boys FQ :earsboy:
1. t-beri
2. daisylou

Group B3: Disney Boys
1. luv2go2disney (Mickey)
2. Dreamer & Wisher (Buzz Lightyear)
3. celerystalker
4. adoptionmomma4
5. Cindy B Good (Cars)

Group C: Disney General pluto:
1. Princess - bsusnamb
2. Mickey - Cindy b Good
3. Minnie - luv2go2disney
4. Pixar - Utahmama
5. Mickey & Gang - disneymommie of2

Group C2: Disney General FQ :donald:
1. Princess - my*2 angels
2. Mickey
3. Minnie -
4. Pixar - disneymommieof2
5. Mickey & Gang

Group C3: Disney General
1. Minnie -celerystalker
2. Princess - cherlynn
3. Mickey - revrob
4. Pixar
5. Miscellaneous - luvtogo2disney (Chip & Dale)

Group D: Holiday :santa:
1. Christmas - celerystalker
3. Easter
4. Christmas 2 - 100acreprincess
5. Valentine's Day

Group D2: Holiday FQ pirate:
1. Christmas - my*2*angels
2. Thanksgiving/Halloween (either/or) - 2cutekidz
3. Easter - revrob
4. 4th of July
5. Valentine's day

Group E: Boy - yardage :groom:
anything goes as long as the fabric totals 1 yard.
1. jajone
2. 2cutekidz

Group F: Girl - yardage :cutie:
anything goes as long as the fabric totals at least one yard
1. jajone
2. 2cutekidz
3. eeyore3847
4. revrob

Group F2: Girl yardage
1. cherlynn25

Group G: Holiday - yardage :santa:
anything goes as long as the fabric totals 1 yard (pick your holiday, no duplicates please)
1. eeyore3847
2. 2cutekidz

Group H: Animal Kingdom FQ
1. Minnie Dot
2. Leopard print
3. Zebra print
4. Black dot/stripe
5. miscellaneous animal print - bsusanmb

Her's an updated list. If you expressed intrest in any of the Character (or holiday) groups, please choose which character fabric you will be sending out. You will receive all the characters in that group.

So here are the rules and guidelines.
- Sign up for as many groups as you want. Remember if you sign up for 2 groups and each group has 5 people in it you will be sending out 8 fabric yards, FQ's or scrap bundles (Whichever size is appropriate for said group) Don't forget to save 2 for yourself (You make up the 5th person in each group. For each group you sign up for you will be receiving 4 different (3 in the case of the yardage groups) fabrics!

- For the fabric scraps group the scrap has to be at least 6X6 inches in size, neatly cut fabric squares. Send at least 2 fabric squares (bundles) to each person in that group.

- Fat quarters are 18X22. To get a fat quarter cut a yard of fabric in half both length and widthwise. Your resulting pieces should measure 18X22.

-For the yardage swaps, a full yard of fabric. Either 4 coordinating FQ's, or a full yard of fabric.

When you sign up for a group that has characters listed in it, pick the character that you will send out. So if you choose Group C: pick one of the 5 listed characters. The other 4 people in the group will pick a different character. Hopefully by doing it this way we won't have too many duplicates.

Mail Date Deadline is January 1st. If you are out of town at that time, send the fabric to the people in your group before you leave. It's okay if the fabric gets there early, but we don't want it getting there LATE!

You can start PMing your addresses to me. If the box is full send it to: lesile_rates@yahoo.com

We will close the swap on December 1st. Until then more people can still join. If all the groups fill up, we can always add more. If there is a group/category that you don't see that you would like we can always add that too!!

Please only from nonsmoking homes.

Do all of these "Guidelines" make sense? Does everyone know how this works? Post or PM me if there are any questions.

Can I add: Pre-wash and press before cutting :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter