Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention that it is FREEZING here!!!!! My poor DH has had to work nights where it has gotten down to 1 degree! I wish he didn't have to be outdoors in the cold!

I wish we could move some place warmer but I am also one of those people who could never move away from my family...although there are days....:lmao:

In the spirit of keeping the chit chat going I found out what a Daniel Fast is.

It is a fast usually done in January where you restrict what you eat to just fruit and vegetables. It is Biblical in its origin.

So there we have it!

Now all I need is willpower....!

Im gonna head out to the bank and dollar tree. so if we move say me a seat on the bus for the ride, ok????

Im gonna see what I can find to create some dolly outfits from things they have at the dollar tree. I love being thrifty. haha

I have a quick question for you...

On the Simply Sweet pattern that goes to a size 8... any ideas on how to make it a 10? I assume the skirt I would just add 2" like in the difference of the other sizes, but as far as the top goes, do I add an inch or two all the way around it it just to the sides?

In the spirit of keeping the chit chat going I found out what a Daniel Fast is.

It is a fast usually done in January where you restrict what you eat to just fruit and vegetables. It is Biblical in its origin.

So there we have it!

Now all I need is willpower....!

Ooooh very interesting. I would be horrible at that... ;)

More chit chat questions I missed. Didn't really get much for Christmas. BUT as soon as our house sells back in PA I get to pick out an embroidery machine. So excited for that and already researching which one I want to get.

No trips planned but again if our house finally sells there might be a trip to DL in our future. MIL would love for us to go to DW but I would love to have a trip that she didn't include herself on.

Does anyone have either the Brother Duetta® 4500D or the Brother Innov-ís 2800D? I hvae the Quattro which I LOVE and I want a machine to bring to the lake house that doesn't cost as much as the Quattro. THANK-YOU!!!!

Okay - I can chat to help keep things moving too....

What was everyone's favorite Christmas present? I really loved most of my gifts I received. I got a family size griddle (which I have been wanting to 3 years!) I got a rotary cutter with self healing mat (its so awesome!!) I got Twilight and New Moon (Twice :D and finished reading them) and lots of other stuff :)
Is it snowing anywhere today? It's not snowing here and I'm not complaining!
Has anyone ever done a Daniel Fast before?now that I know what one is... no i Haven't but sounds like an interesting journey ;)
Any trips anywhere planned?Only trip I have been planning is our Disney vacation in September
What are you sewing right now - Im making corduroy A lines for Han and Eliz.....Right now I am not currently sewing anything, but I have a Cinderella-fied Simply Sweet to start for my niece, 6 blankets for the Project Linus (GAD promotion), and now our new Big Give. I am headed to Hobby Lobby as soon as I get off work

:thumbsup2

Yes I am *helping* to get us moved. :)

Yes, Teresa...For those of you I don't usually talk to on FB his name will be Gabriel Ian. Believe it or not, Matt picked it...at 3:30AM! LOL

Beautiful name. I love it.

Okay - I can chat to help keep things moving too....

What was everyone's favorite Christmas present?
Is it snowing anywhere today?
Has anyone ever done a Daniel Fast before?
Any trips anywhere planned?
What are you sewing right now - Im making corduroy A lines for Han and Eliz.....

:thumbsup2

My hubby got me a new serger for Christmas and even though that's what I told him I wanted and I am very excited about it, my favorite present is my new digital frame. I LOVE having pictures everywhere of my kids and granddaughters but you can only put out so many, right? Well, last night I loaded 300 pictures into it and it has a capacity of 3,200!!!! Yay!! So, I either need to get busy loading existing pics or my daughters need to have some more grandkids for me:rotfl:
Not snowing in Houston today but they are predicting 25 degrees by Saturday.
My youngest daughter (then 21) did the Daniel fast a couple years ago. It was very hard for her. She has hypothyroidism and everyone said she shouldn't do it but she did (with a lot of faith in God....) and she did just fine.
It was a great experience for her.
No trips planned yet. My youngest and her new hubby are awaiting Navy orders now so we will most likely plan a vacation this year (provided that is possible) to wherever they send them.
As I mentioned in previous post, quilts and more quilts are on the agenda for the next few months.

HEATHER-
you are in charge of the move until I get back, ok?
I'm on top of it, my dear!

In case you can't tell...I'm dancing here! It is official! I have booked my Nov/Dec Disney trip. The deposit is made! I am so excited I can barely stand it...but I will.

I am in the Atlanta area. Today the high is supposed to be 31! Yesterday it was about the same! (Normal High is 56) Temps were in the low teens this am with wind chills in the single digits!

They are forecasting 1 to 3 inches of the white stuff Thursday night! I really wish I had a working fireplace and not one of these fake gas thingys...

So...Mom...are we there yet?

N
How exciting about your trip!!!

No, we're not there yet. Do you want me to pull this car over??

Heathersue, what are your next digitizing projects going to be? Any chance it might be Mickey and friends?
Yikes! I have so many requests it makes my head spin!! I can't tell you exactly what I'm doing on here because then I may get copied before I put it up for sale! I'm a little slower than most digitizers!

My DH and I keep trying to decide if we should have a third baby. We go back and forth. I guess it would be an easier decision if we knew we could have a boy and I wasn't sick for 9 months straight! It is a long 9 months for me and my family.:rolleyes1

Are you going to digitize some Valentine designs?
I guess I need to look more closely at the thread colors. Hmmm.....

This may be a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway...is there a difference between embroidering and "In the hoop" projects? I'm confused. Sorry!

My favorite present is by far my machine but now I am pouting because in order to use the embroidery part of it, it has to be hooked to a machine and my laptop that I've only had for a year needs to be sent in and fixed! The screen keeps flickering and getting really dark. I've put off fixing it way too long because Best Buy says it could be 5-6 weeks!!!!

We also got new pots and pans (Rachel Ray)that I'm so excited about! We've had the same ones since we got married and they've had it!!!!

we're hoping to go to disney in September if we can save the money. We are doing the free dining again. Hopefully we can avoid the flu this trip though!
First of all- go for it! Like my friend with 8 kids says (she just had #8, another beautiful girl, over the weekend!)- you will never say "I really regret having this kid." But, you might regret not having another one!

I am planning on doing a Valentine's Day set. But, I am really stumped. I have a few ideas, but I'd like a lot more! If anyone has any suggestions, please PM me! My simpler designs sell the best- so no "Minnie holding a lace heart", or the like! ;)

In the hoop projects are embroidery projects where you actually make and put together objects inside the hoop! you can make wallets, can cozies, slippers, all sorts of things!!

I have a quick question for you...

On the Simply Sweet pattern that goes to a size 8... any ideas on how to make it a 10? I assume the skirt I would just add 2" like in the difference of the other sizes, but as far as the top goes, do I add an inch or two all the way around it it just to the sides?

Here's CarlaC's guide to resizing her patterns:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=27419308&postcount=1755

I just use the same thread that I'm using in the top for in the hoop projects. I just discovered how much fun in the hoop projects are. I'm just digitized my very first in the hoop design last week! I still have to write the instructions, though.

What are "in the hoop" projects?

What was everyone's favorite Christmas present? I have two - my embroidery machine from my husband and parents, and our Flip video camera from MIL & FIL. Also, not for me, but I LOVE the gifts that my BIL gave my kids - he teaches English at a university in South Korea and he brought back authentic clothing for each of them. For Ella, he brought her a gorgeous silk gown with a matching short jacket and headband. And for Caleb, he brought a taekwondo uniform (Caleb is currently a blue belt in TKD) and it has a Korean flag embroidered on the front and his name in Korean on the back. So neat!

Is it snowing anywhere today? Not snowing here today, but we have gotten about 18-20 inches in the last week and a half! We had a blizzard on Christmas, then it's just been snowing more and more every couple of days! Our roads are horrible - (that's why the poor UPS man had to walk down our street - I didn't make that clear in my earlier post.)

Has anyone ever done a Daniel Fast before? I haven't done it - had never heard of it. But now that I know what it is, I could probably handle it, but with all the working out I've been doing, I need my protein!

Any trips anywhere planned? June 7-16 WDW!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:
What are you sewing right now I have a tinkerbell twirl skirt all cut out and ready to go, plus an Emma swing top to match. I hope to get them done by the end of the week!

First of all- go for it! Like my friend with 8 kids says (she just had #8, another beautiful girl, over the weekend!)- you will never say "I really regret having this kid." But, you might regret not having another one!

I am planning on doing a Valentine's Day set. But, I am really stumped. I have a few ideas, but I'd like a lot more! If anyone has any suggestions, please PM me! My simpler designs sell the best- so no "Minnie holding a lace heart", or the like! ;)

In the hoop projects are embroidery projects where you actually make and put together objects inside the hoop! you can make wallets, can cozies, slippers, all sorts of things!!
]

That's a good point. We actually tried for awhile before Christmas and it didn't work out. Then I got sick for about 3 weeks ( I have IBS as well as some other issues) and it made me want to put off trying. I am not ready to feel like that for 9 months. I know that sounds really selfish...it's just hard to explain. I've been sick for a lot of my adult life so it's hard to know I will definitely be sick for a long time. And I get migraines when I am pregnant pretty consistently - sometimes every day for weeks at a time. My girls are totally worth every second of it though. I think my DH just dreads me being that sick for so long too. He's good to me though. :) I feel bad even complaining though because I know many of you have been through much worse so please forgive my little pity party.

Can't wait to see all of your new designs. I know you'll come up with something great! What about disney themed candy hearts?

Thanks for explaining that to me. That makes sense now.

Ok - I must be a little slow ;) because I still don't quite understand. Can you pretty please elaborate?

OK...I'm shopping for designs....I know I have to wait until I ACTUALLY buy the machine before I can get them...

So far I have 'bought' just about everything Heather Sue has...and a few from Stitch on time... I can see where this could be addicting! Better get some thread before I get the machine so I can play as soon as it gets here!

Nini

Can we move NOW!!?

My sons were invited to a first birthday party of dear friends' little girl. I want to sew her something, but I only have until Saturday to get it done. Any ideas? Normally I'd say that was plenty of time, but I have one of my sons home with me until Thursday so I am basically devoting most of my time and attention to him.

Also, if I make her a simple little dress, would it be better just to embroider her first initial or to do the proper three initial monogram?

Dawn

Yikes! I have so many requests it makes my head spin!! I can't tell you exactly what I'm doing on here because then I may get copied before I put it up for sale! I'm a little slower than most digitizers!

I'm making a valentines outfit and I designed something I thought was cute and really simple. It is XOXO, but the Os are Mickey heads and each of the letters overlap. It may have been done before, but it looks cute.

In the spirit of the snow talk and getting closer to the move here is a pic of the boys in October.
IMG_7530.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter