Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me! I have had it for about a year, it's my first embroidery machine. I have learned so much with it. It's been a great machine. One of the main reasons I bought it was for the Disney designs. But I have to be honest, I have only used the built in designs a couple of times.

I've not had any problems with it and have about 2.5 million stitches so far.

Only drawback for me now is that I really wish I had the larger hoops.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Oh Thank you!!! I have been looking at it for a while....so he told me just to go and buy it!!!! I am buying it for the Disney Designs too! So you don't use them?? Do you buy different ones?

I am posting here for some help because I know that you will be the people who will know the answer! I know that I found a website one time that had M*ckey Mouse appliques like pirate mickey, princess mickey, etc. for appliques. I cannot find it! I was thinking it was SWAKembroidery, but I looked there and cannot find it. Does anyone know the website that has these appliques? We are going on a cruise in a couple of months, and I wanted to make a few t-shirts. Thanks!!

Are you looking for the files? Alot of us get ours on Etsy from HeatherSue. She has lots of wonderful files that stich out great.

I can't believe I have agreed to this. My 12 year old son's grade 7's class is having an art night fundraiser. As a class they will each complete a piece of canvas, etc to be placed into a larger one to be auctioned off in the New Year. I thought having each child do a quilt square and then me placing them into a quilt might be cool. Now I am second guessing how I am going to do this. They could also paint/color on fabric etc if each square had a common theme. Any quilters out there.......do you have any ideas on how to do this???? Help!

Funny that I just got back from our school's auction tonight and won my son's quilt for his class! I can tell you what his class did on theirs. They had each child start with a 12x12 square. Each child did a self portrait out of fabric. The art teacher had pre-cut faces in several different flesh tones; hair in different colors and lengths, eyes in different colors, ect. They used fabric glue to fix them to each square. One of the grandmothers took the squares home and sewed the faces down then made a quilt that included each child's name on his/her square. The teachers also did a square. SO STINKING CUTE! (And it was quite a bidding war but darnit I wanted this quilt!!!)

Here is a picture of it....
75800_489899735972_631255972_7503549_6586432_n.jpg

Of course these were 5 year olds so 12 year olds could do their own cutting out of fabric. :)

Oh Thank you!!! I have been looking at it for a while....so he told me just to go and buy it!!!! I am buying it for the Disney Designs too! So you don't use them?? Do you buy different ones?

I have a brother 270D and a PE 770. I hardly EVER use the preprogrammed designs on the 270! I find that appliques are more to my liking, and HeatherSue or Frou Frou by HeatherSue on ETSY is the way to go - her designs stitchout GREAT!!!!:cool1:

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you enjoyed your extra hour!! In honor of the time change and a sweet mama who Im sure did not get any extra sleep, I'd like to introduce you to the TRIPLETS (and big brother)....More info coming tonight(I'll post the give late tonight) - but get your sewing machines ready - these cuties are going to DISNEY for Emily's MAW trip right after Christmas!!!!!!

Halloween10.jpg

And this is the star of the trip, Emily. She has an extremely rare genetic disorder. She cannot see, but can hear. She cant walk or sit yet, but does go to therapies! There are some unique things we could do for this little one - mom could use larger bibs, dipey wipey bag, toy holders, etc. We could make this very special for them!!!! What do you think?Who can resist this big smile!!! Who's in????????:love:

IMG_0077.jpg

I'll get it up and running tonight after we are done babysitting. Off to get everyone showered and ready for Sunday School, then we are going to Coco Cay water park for the afternoon!!!:cool1:

Sooooo, I am guessing you will reach 250 today while I am at church and then a family thing...If I don't see nyou before the move...have a safe move. I'll join you soon!

By the way...I am starting to feel like I MIGHT get everything done before we leave in 20 days...I only have 37 shirts and one dress to go!

Nini

Lots of amazing work lately. The vidas are so pretty and the colorful rainbow dress is cute.

Anita - WOW, thanks for sharing pictures of all your hard work. I hope you did great at your craft fair.

Nini - hope you get all your stuff done but if you don't it just gives you another reason to plan your next trip.

Funny that I just got back from our school's auction tonight and won my son's quilt for his class! I can tell you what his class did on theirs. They had each child start with a 12x12 square. Each child did a self portrait out of fabric. The art teacher had pre-cut faces in several different flesh tones; hair in different colors and lengths, eyes in different colors, ect. They used fabric glue to fix them to each square. One of the grandmothers took the squares home and sewed the faces down then made a quilt that included each child's name on his/her square. The teachers also did a square. SO STINKING CUTE! (And it was quite a bidding war but darnit I wanted this quilt!!!)

Here is a picture of it....
th_75800_489899735972_631255972_7503549_6586432_n.jpg

Of course these were 5 year olds so 12 year olds could do their own cutting out of fabric. :)
That is extremely cool!

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you enjoyed your extra hour!! In honor of the time change and a sweet mama who Im sure did not get any extra sleep, I'd like to introduce you to the TRIPLETS (and big brother)....More info coming tonight(I'll post the give late tonight) - but get your sewing machines ready - these cuties are going to DISNEY for Emily's MAW trip right after Christmas!!!!!!

th_Halloween10.jpg
How sweet are they! I tried to go visit but it says I do not have permission? :confused3

I have been lurking admiring all of your work. I have envy of the talent in this thread.

I have a sewing machine that sits on the floor in my craft room.

I have been helping out with the Big Gives and it is such a great feeling.

New here...My DH just told me to buy myself a new embrodiary machine....I am looking at the Brother Innovis 1250D....

Does anyone have an opinion on this machine????

I do like Brother and they are user friendly. I have a 4000D and love the large hoop and the quilting too. Congrats on the soon to be machine purchase.

Well, we haven't been to Disney in about 2 years--so I haven't had much reason to use them. Kids have lots of screenprinted regular Disney stuff from Grandmom anyway. Plus the built in designs are all filled and I really love doing appliques now.

Personally I didn't buy the machine just for the Disney files but they were a great bonus. I was torn between the Brother and comparable Babylock version. The Brother won out because it was a much better price and the bonus designs.

I'm itching for a PR-1000 now, but will probably get a 650 instead in a few months. I've had so much fun with my little hobby that I started a side business. Everything I sell lately, I've been telling the kids it's "Mickey Money". :)

I thought this might be a good place to share. My DD3 wanted to be Snow White for Halloween. DW is really good friends with a seamstress who offered to do costumes for us whenever we wanted. When we decided we were going to WDW, we thought maybe we would let DD wear the costume to the Akershus Princess breakfast. When DW's friend found that out, she kinda went all out on it....

ranasnow.jpg

That picture made the front page of the local newspaper (of course, it probably helped that the paper's head photographer that took the picture is the seamstress's husband. ;) ). I think she's going to be a hit at the park.

As long as no one looks directly at her in the sunlight.

TL

I thought this might be a good place to share. My DD3 wanted to be Snow White for Halloween. DW is really good friends with a seamstress who offered to do costumes for us whenever we wanted. When we decided we were going to WDW, we thought maybe we would let DD wear the costume to the Akershus Princess breakfast. When DW's friend found that out, she kinda went all out on it....

ranasnow.jpg

That picture made the front page of the local newspaper (of course, it probably helped that the paper's head photographer that took the picture is the seamstress's husband. ;) ). I think she's going to be a hit at the park.

TL

WOWZA!! That is a remarkable dress and your little girl is precious!!:lovestruc

th_ranasnow.jpg

That is absolutely amazing. And if cough you ever cough were going to sell that I know someone who would probably be very interested! :rolleyes1 Seriously it is absolutely adorable!

I want to make Halloween trick or treat bags for my nieces and my nephew for next year.

Does anyone know if there is a free pattern anywhere?

I want to do Mickeyhead Ghost appliques on the bag, is there a stencil anywhere?

My mom's sewing machine appears to do letters. She hasn't really used it but I think it will only do one letter at a time. Would it be a pain to try to stitch their names on the white fabric and then do the applique or should I just make the applique and write their names with a fabric marker?

New here...My DH just told me to buy myself a new embrodiary machine....I am looking at the Brother Innovis 1250D....

Does anyone have an opinion on this machine????

My mother has this machine and LOVES it:love:

PS: I can't get into the new Big Give either.

ranasnow.jpg

TL

This is just beautiful. She will be a big hit in the parks!!

Do you know, they don't make a pill for procrastination? They should!!

Anyway, just getting around to getting my pictures off my camera, from June. See what I mean about needing a pill?

I thought I'd share this. Kirsta loved it. We got it from our travel agent when we checked into CB. There was a mix up with our ressies. I wanted the Pirate room, and was quoted a regular room. I just couldn't swing it, if we wanted to eat. I had called Disney travel for some info, and told her about the mix up, and my Mom just passing away. They had a HUGE tote filled with snacks and fruit waiting for us also.

Disney010.jpg

This is an old one Kirsta wanted to wear. I had to do some refurb to it tho'. She forgets she is getting bigger. I made a new waste band, and got a green tshirt at Wallie World and made shorts for it, so it was a skort. The Cast Members were crazy for it. They made us wait for Lilo, stitch was the only one there. He went to get her, because he thought she was the real thing. lol!! They ended up getting Lilo to come out early and a bunch of CM came out of the back to see her.

Disney106.jpg
Disney091.jpg

This didn't go over well with the Mad Hatter. He said that was the crazy one. But I had alot of people want her hat. lol!

Disney119.jpg
Disney117.jpg

Not a good shot. But I think the only one I have. Another refurb. It was orgionally on an overall as a jumper. Converted it to a skirt. She loves to wear this all the time. I made the film strip top to go with it.

Disney129.jpg

This one is my very favorite. I had a couple of Mom's ask me about it, as it's great for an older girl. I even gave my email out to a few people. Not that I heard from anyone. Next time I'll take business cards. lol! My mind is already spinning on what to do for other princesses.

Disney158.jpg
Disney165.jpg

Kirsta's pocketbook was ahuge hit with Aladdin. He kept telling her it didn't work. Where was her Genie? This was my second try at this oufit. It had a little v in the front, but she kept pulling it up to hide her BB, so it was yanking in the crotch. I might revamp it, make the top tan part come down to tuck into the pants. Assuming we can go next year.

Disney192.jpg

Did you know Photopass can do Tinkerbelle wings? We were just getting ready to go in to see Tink, when they were trying to get her picture with the wings. I went to see it on PP and it was way too dark. I asked if it could be lightened, and they said no. I made myself atshirt to match. I took an old shirt I liked apart, and used it as a pattern. Again, I had a few women come up to me about MY shirt. I should have had those business cards. :goodvibes
Disney204.jpg
Disney243.jpg

Another oldie that is a favorite of Kirsta's. I didn't get a full shot of it, I wonder why? Just a twirl skirt with her petti. She loves the print. It's cowboy MIckey.
Disney254.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my vacation album!! :surfweb:

I just finished my first Stroller Holder Mit.

I have a triple Perego stroller that I use for the daycare. The frame is cold when we go outside now and the children complain about it. So I figured out a way to make a holder that attaches to the stroller and they can fit their little fingers and thumb in so they stay warm too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter