Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make Halloween trick or treat bags for my nieces and my nephew for next year.

Does anyone know if there is a free pattern anywhere?

I want to do Mickeyhead Ghost appliques on the bag, is there a stencil anywhere?

My mom's sewing machine appears to do letters. She hasn't really used it but I think it will only do one letter at a time. Would it be a pain to try to stitch their names on the white fabric and then do the applique or should I just make the applique and write their names with a fabric marker?

I had the bag sold by Disney and just copied the ghost mickey and then cut it out in fabric and heat bond lite. It came out soo cute as his shirt. I haven't seen a stencil but I just made my own.

I thought this might be a good place to share. My DD3 wanted to be Snow White for Halloween. DW is really good friends with a seamstress who offered to do costumes for us whenever we wanted. When we decided we were going to WDW, we thought maybe we would let DD wear the costume to the Akershus Princess breakfast. When DW's friend found that out, she kinda went all out on it....

ranasnow.jpg

That picture made the front page of the local newspaper (of course, it probably helped that the paper's head photographer that took the picture is the seamstress's husband. ;) ). I think she's going to be a hit at the park.

As long as no one looks directly at her in the sunlight.
TL
All out, look at that detail and trim work! Both the dress and your little one are beyond beautiful.
Do you know, they don't make a pill for procrastination? They should!!

Anyway, just getting around to getting my pictures off my camera, from June. See what I mean about needing a pill?

I thought I'd share this. Kirsta loved it. We got it from our travel agent when we checked into CB. There was a mix up with our ressies. I wanted the Pirate room, and was quoted a regular room. I just couldn't swing it, if we wanted to eat. I had called Disney travel for some info, and told her about the mix up, and my Mom just passing away. They had a HUGE tote filled with snacks and fruit waiting for us also.

Disney010.jpg

This is an old one Kirsta wanted to wear. I had to do some refurb to it tho'. She forgets she is getting bigger. I made a new waste band, and got a green tshirt at Wallie World and made shorts for it, so it was a skort. The Cast Members were crazy for it. They made us wait for Lilo, stitch was the only one there. He went to get her, because he thought she was the real thing. lol!! They ended up getting Lilo to come out early and a bunch of CM came out of the back to see her.

Disney106.jpg
Disney091.jpg

This didn't go over well with the Mad Hatter. He said that was the crazy one. But I had alot of people want her hat. lol!

Disney119.jpg
Disney117.jpg

Not a good shot. But I think the only one I have. Another refurb. It was orgionally on an overall as a jumper. Converted it to a skirt. She loves to wear this all the time. I made the film strip top to go with it.

Disney129.jpg

This one is my very favorite. I had a couple of Mom's ask me about it, as it's great for an older girl. I even gave my email out to a few people. Not that I heard from anyone. Next time I'll take business cards. lol! My mind is already spinning on what to do for other princesses.

Disney158.jpg
Disney165.jpg

Kirsta's pocketbook was ahuge hit with Aladdin. He kept telling her it didn't work. Where was her Genie? This was my second try at this oufit. It had a little v in the front, but she kept pulling it up to hide her BB, so it was yanking in the crotch. I might revamp it, make the top tan part come down to tuck into the pants. Assuming we can go next year.

Disney192.jpg

Did you know Photopass can do Tinkerbelle wings? We were just getting ready to go in to see Tink, when they were trying to get her picture with the wings. I went to see it on PP and it was way too dark. I asked if it could be lightened, and they said no. I made myself atshirt to match. I took an old shirt I liked apart, and used it as a pattern. Again, I had a few women come up to me about MY shirt. I should have had those business cards. :goodvibes
Disney204.jpg
Disney243.jpg

Another oldie that is a favorite of Kirsta's. I didn't get a full shot of it, I wonder why? Just a twirl skirt with her petti. She loves the print. It's cowboy MIckey.
Disney254.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my vacation album!! :surfweb:
What a great trip! I love the photos and hope you had as much fun as it looks like you did.

I just finished my first Stroller Holder Mit.

I have a triple Perego stroller that I use for the daycare. The frame is cold when we go outside now and the children complain about it. So I figured out a way to make a holder that attaches to the stroller and they can fit their little fingers and thumb in so they stay warm too.
That is a great idea. Post a picture please.

Funny that I just got back from our school's auction tonight and won my son's quilt for his class! I can tell you what his class did on theirs. They had each child start with a 12x12 square. Each child did a self portrait out of fabric. The art teacher had pre-cut faces in several different flesh tones; hair in different colors and lengths, eyes in different colors, ect. They used fabric glue to fix them to each square. One of the grandmothers took the squares home and sewed the faces down then made a quilt that included each child's name on his/her square. The teachers also did a square. SO STINKING CUTE! (And it was quite a bidding war but darnit I wanted this quilt!!!)

Here is a picture of it....
75800_489899735972_631255972_7503549_6586432_n.jpg

Of course these were 5 year olds so 12 year olds could do their own cutting out of fabric. :)

Congratulations on your win! I love it and am collecting some great ideas. We are the only class doing a quilt. The others are all doing large canvas's. I am no painter! So I said I would help do a quilt!:)

So I am starting to collect some of Heathersue's embroidery and applique designs that I want to do, but everytime I go to do them, I realize that I don't really have all of the colors I need. So could any of you reccommend an embroidery thread kit or pack that has a collection of the basics and where you purchased it (for a good price) :)
Thank you soooo much!! :)
Erica

Been very busy here!! I just mailed out my first Big Give item (not sure if it's ok to share a picture here yet?) And, I've been working feverishly on dresses for my girls for our trip - we leave 3 weeks from tomorrow!! :banana::banana::banana:

I had fun today trying out my Mom's embroidery machine (it's at least 10 years old, so no usb functions on it & half her embroidery cards aren't working right.) But, I made 2 cute snowmen to use on the tops of some dresses for the girls for Christmas. So, now I want an embroidery machine more than ever for Christmas! LOL I'm strongly considering the SE-400 from Wal-mart - it's on sale for $369 & has a $30 mail in rebate thru the end of the year. I've also been looking at the PE-770, LB6800PRW, and the ones on HSN, although I'm not sure which model they are featuring there. I really think I'd prefer a machine that both sews & embroiders & I think I'd be ok with the 4x4 hoop only since I'm mostly making little clothes, LOL I know I've seen some of you talk about needing the Brother PED basic software package for $100 to download designs from online - can anyone tell me - is this going to be the case with all of the Brother embroidery machines? Or, only the lower models? Just wondering if a more expensive machine has this built in already, or if they will all need this. I'd really love any advice or input I could get from you talented ladies!! :goodvibes

My first hand applique on a dress - I'm now also working on Donald Duck & Handy Manny...
th_IMG_0557.jpg
th_IMG_0558.jpg
th_IMG_0565.jpg

Tink dress - this one came out a little wider than I'd like around the top, trying to figure out how to address that...
th_IMG_0560.jpg

My first skirt:
th_IMG_0309.jpg
th_IMG_0323.jpg

Dresses for apple picking:
th_IMG_0530.jpg

A monkey for my little monkey:
th_IMG_0337.jpg

I added a tie around the waist to the Minnie dress & am pretty happy with how it turned out :goodvibes
th_IMG_0830.jpg
th_IMG_0831.jpg

Oh, and I made this one last August for my older DD, but now it fits my youngest
th_IMG_0553.jpg

Adorable stuff, and your DD's are precious!

I thought this might be a good place to share. My DD3 wanted to be Snow White for Halloween. DW is really good friends with a seamstress who offered to do costumes for us whenever we wanted. When we decided we were going to WDW, we thought maybe we would let DD wear the costume to the Akershus Princess breakfast. When DW's friend found that out, she kinda went all out on it....

ranasnow.jpg

That picture made the front page of the local newspaper (of course, it probably helped that the paper's head photographer that took the picture is the seamstress's husband. ;) ). I think she's going to be a hit at the park.

TL

That is just so beautiful, she will be a big hit for sure!

Anyway, just getting around to getting my pictures off my camera, from June. See what I mean about needing a pill?

This one is my very favorite. I had a couple of Mom's ask me about it, as it's great for an older girl. I even gave my email out to a few people. Not that I heard from anyone. Next time I'll take business cards. lol! My mind is already spinning on what to do for other princesses.

Disney158.jpg
Disney165.jpg

Love all the vacation pictures and customs and I especially love your take on Snow White!!

I had a very productive weekend for the most part, completed 15 t-shirts and a couple of other small projects.

But I had to share my one major mishap because I am sure you can all relate.

Here is what it looks like when you sew the sleeve to the back of the shirt, around the hoop:
100_4488.jpg

Pretty impressed that the machine did so well through as much as 4 extra layers of fabric without a glitch!

I ended up cutting the sleeve off to about 2 inches, so then I had to cut the other one down to match. I originally made it for my DS, but but with the shorty sleeves it is probably more girly so I will probably wear it. Still need to hem the sleeves.

Which reminds me, my DS 24 called last week and is going to come to WDW with us in December. :banana::banana::banana: I am very happy about that since I don't get to see him very often. He will actually be 25 by then as his birthday is the day before we go. He is not on any of our ADR's, but we reserved for 5 so I am hoping they will let us add a 6th at most places.

Also made a countdown calendar for DGD and gave it to her Weds night. She was very excited, but wanted to know if we were going to Disney in the morning. Hopefully she will catch on to the idea of counting down, and not drive her parents crazy She is almost 4.
100_4487.jpg

So I am starting to collect some of Heathersue's embroidery and applique designs that I want to do, but everytime I go to do them, I realize that I don't really have all of the colors I need. So could any of you reccommend an embroidery thread kit or pack that has a collection of the basics and where you purchased it (for a good price) :)
Erica

It really depends on what your machine likes to be honest. I use mostly Poly-X40 because it works great in mine. Ken's Sewing ctr in AL has the best prices on it. He also has a "Disney colors" set that you can buy. It's usually on his website and on eBay.

My machine dislikes Coats 'n Clark & some of the Sulky colors. I personally love Sulky, especially the hot pinks.

It will actually create 4 different files when you make and export a design...dsg, eox, bak, and pes. just make sure you grab the pes to put on your machine.

Yep, I was going to say the same thing. I tried it out and opened a design I had already in .pes format and added a name to that and then exported it as a .pes (I didn't realize you could do this! Will totally help if I want to add names) It seemed to work, but it does export as both .pes and .pes.eox. Search around you may have just missed it.

Thanks! I did finally find it. I don't know if it just didn't show up at first or what.

I LOVE the materials in this!:lovestruc Where did you get them???

Wendy Just asked a question over there!;)

UPDATE Answered thank you!!!

Thank you so much for volunteering to make the Taggie's for Emily!! There are many baby things that would REALLY help this mom out! She is starting to have a hard time finding bibs that fit emily well - the neck is a bit too snug and they are also too short - but she needs to wear them because she chews on everything!!! YAY!!!!:goodvibes

Guys seriously how long should 2 bowling shirts take me? I have been working on them all day and I have the collar done on one and still have the collar on the other and the sleeves on both. I am a little irratated with myself as well because I tried one on my biggest 2 year old and I am thinking I should have made the 3/4 for him. I am not sure it is going to fit by Valentines :(

This is an old one Kirsta wanted to wear. I had to do some refurb to it tho'. She forgets she is getting bigger. I made a new waste band, and got a green tshirt at Wallie World and made shorts for it, so it was a skort. The Cast Members were crazy for it. They made us wait for Lilo, stitch was the only one there. He went to get her, because he thought she was the real thing. lol!! They ended up getting Lilo to come out early and a bunch of CM came out of the back to see her.

th_Disney106.jpg
I really love the Lilo outfit very cool! Everything is really cute on her though!

th_100_4488.jpg

Pretty impressed that the machine did so well through as much as 4 extra layers of fabric without a glitch!

I ended up cutting the sleeve off to about 2 inches, so then I had to cut the other one down to match. I originally made it for my DS, but but with the shorty sleeves it is probably more girly so I will probably wear it. Still need to hem the sleeves.

Also made a countdown calendar for DGD and gave it to her Weds night. She was very excited, but wanted to know if we were going to Disney in the morning. Hopefully she will catch on to the idea of counting down, and not drive her parents crazy She is almost 4.
th_100_4487.jpg
I love your resourcefulness! I would have probably just cussed and cried!
Very cool countdown calendar!

Emily's Big Give just went LIVE!!!! Come on over to see what we can put together for this lovely family!!!!

http://s3.excoboard.com/DisBigGive/69531/773820

Thanks everyone!! Im always AMAZED at what everyone does to help make the Big Gives so BIG!!!!
Woot! Am excited it is my first give :)

Anita--you did so much beautiful stuff for your craft fair! I wish we could get some good ones like that here in Austin. There was a pretty good one Halloween weekend, and I think I may have met a Dis-er :-)

Does anyone know where I can get Lightning McQueen buttons? My mom and I made a Lightning McQueen jacket and pants set for my 3 yo DS to wear in Disney, but it would look super cute if I could find Lightning buttons for it.

I spent a lot of time this weekend playing with my Mom's embroidery machine and I am totally hooked. Too bad it's not in the budget right now, I'll just have to keep using hers for a while. Luckily she only lives about 10 minutes away. :lovestruc

Colleen

I am going to preface this by saying that I absolutely love that I have someone who comes to clean my house once a month, but I hate having to put all my sewing stuff away so that I know it isn't in the way to clean. (that and I want to know where everything is as I have about 4 different outfits in various states of cut out and assembly right now).

I'm working on a couple of drawstring backpacks for my neices for Christmas right now. I'm kinda winging it by just looking at an existing bag and modifiying it to suite my needs.

Callie - thank you so much for jumping in on this!!! They will be thrilled with their new blankies!! So special, thank you!!! Yay for your 1st big give!!!

We had a fun weekend with the neices and nephew! We did an indoor playground yesterday, and then indoor water park today - I AM TIRED!!! lol

I did make them some new pj's to change into after the water park today - then we all wented to go to Cracker Barrel - sooooo, they wore them into Cracker Barrel!!!:rotfl: oh well, the kids coulda cared less!!! At least they were clean, right?????? haha

DSCF0964.jpg

So we got home and they started dropping like flies - lol - dont you love the Great Dane, Genevieve, sitting on my lap after the kids went down!!! lol. Hannah had been drifting off on my lap, sat up with her eyes closed and just laid down on the table!!! haha - then Tim lost it too!!!! Eliz was still awake, but fading fast!!!
DSCF0965.jpg

DSCF0966.jpg

DSCF0969.jpg

Had to share this one....Katie had to define two words to the class this week for new word Wednesday. They could be any two words, she just had to define, use word in sentence and draw some pictures....Katie picked embroidery and applique. Yep, her pictures were of outfits with different Mickey heads....gotta know we are bringing them up right!

That a girl!!!! Love it!

Howdy everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've worked around the clock to get all my Halloween orders out in time, now I'm playing post-Halloween, pre-Disney trip catch-up!

I want to do something Christmasy for our Animal Kingdom day, since the characters there are in Christmas attire. I thought I'd seen some things posted that combined a safari theme in Christmas colors. Am I losing my mind?????

I have no help, just wanted to say hi! :wave:

I have to tell you...I ordered an Ariel dress from you for our last trip and my DD loves it!!!! It is what got me back into this whole sewing thing:)
th_Disney2009II042.jpg

Warmly, Erika
SO cute!!!

Been very busy here!! I just mailed out my first Big Give item (not sure if it's ok to share a picture here yet?) And, I've been working feverishly on dresses for my girls for our trip - we leave 3 weeks from tomorrow!!

I had fun today trying out my Mom's embroidery machine (it's at least 10 years old, so no usb functions on it & half her embroidery cards aren't working right.) But, I made 2 cute snowmen to use on the tops of some dresses for the girls for Christmas. So, now I want an embroidery machine more than ever for Christmas! LOL I'm strongly considering the SE-400 from Wal-mart - it's on sale for $369 & has a $30 mail in rebate thru the end of the year. I've also been looking at the PE-770, LB6800PRW, and the ones on HSN, although I'm not sure which model they are featuring there. I really think I'd prefer a machine that both sews & embroiders & I think I'd be ok with the 4x4 hoop only since I'm mostly making little clothes, LOL I know I've seen some of you talk about needing the Brother PED basic software package for $100 to download designs from online - can anyone tell me - is this going to be the case with all of the Brother embroidery machines? Or, only the lower models? Just wondering if a more expensive machine has this built in already, or if they will all need this. I'd really love any advice or input I could get from you talented ladies!! \]
Such cuteness!!!! I especially love the Minnie dress!!!

Oh Thank you!!! I have been looking at it for a while....so he told me just to go and buy it!!!! I am buying it for the Disney Designs too! So you don't use them?? Do you buy different ones?

I have the Disney designs on my Brother too and I don't use them. They just don't stitch out very well at all. If you can get a comparable machine cheaper without the designs, get that instead. I get all my designs from Frou Frou by Heathersue on Etsy.

Funny that I just got back from our school's auction tonight and won my son's quilt for his class! I can tell you what his class did on theirs. They had each child start with a 12x12 square. Each child did a self portrait out of fabric. The art teacher had pre-cut faces in several different flesh tones; hair in different colors and lengths, eyes in different colors, ect. They used fabric glue to fix them to each square. One of the grandmothers took the squares home and sewed the faces down then made a quilt that included each child's name on his/her square. The teachers also did a square. SO STINKING CUTE! (And it was quite a bidding war but darnit I wanted this quilt!!!)

Here is a picture of it....
75800_489899735972_631255972_7503549_6586432_n.jpg

Of course these were 5 year olds so 12 year olds could do their own cutting out of fabric.
Seriously, how cute is that!!!!! Which one is your son's?

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you enjoyed your extra hour!! In honor of the time change and a sweet mama who Im sure did not get any extra sleep, I'd like to introduce you to the TRIPLETS (and big brother)....More info coming tonight(I'll post the give late tonight) - but get your sewing machines ready - these cuties are going to DISNEY for Emily's MAW trip right after Christmas!!!!!!

th_Halloween10.jpg

They are just adorable!!! I hope you had a great day Wendy!!!

And, for those of you that mentioned not being able to get into this Give, you won't be able to actually view the thread until we "go live" with it. Before that, the moderator is hard at work getting all the info there and getting it ready for you!

ranasnow.jpg

TL

Stunning!!!! Your daughter and the dress!

I thought I'd share this. Kirsta loved it. We got it from our travel agent when we checked into CB. There was a mix up with our ressies. I wanted the Pirate room, and was quoted a regular room. I just couldn't swing it, if we wanted to eat. I had called Disney travel for some info, and told her about the mix up, and my Mom just passing away. They had a HUGE tote filled with snacks and fruit waiting for us also.

th_Disney010.jpg

Sally, I always love to see what you come up with for outfits!!! And, Kirsta just seems like my kind of kid! She always looks so excited and happy! :lovestruc

I just finished my first Stroller Holder Mit.

I have a triple Perego stroller that I use for the daycare. The frame is cold when we go outside now and the children complain about it. So I figured out a way to make a holder that attaches to the stroller and they can fit their little fingers and thumb in so they stay warm too.

What a great idea!

Erica

Heather gets ours from Marathon thread. She buys the rayon. http://www.marathonthread.com/collection.shtml 50 spools for $85. I think the shipping might be free?

I had a very productive weekend for the most part, completed 15 t-shirts and a couple of other small projects.

But I had to share my one major mishap because I am sure you can all relate.

Here is what it looks like when you sew the sleeve to the back of the shirt, around the hoop:
th_100_4488.jpg

Way to save a shirt!!!
I'm so glad your son is going to be joining you on your trip!!!

Emily's Big Give just went LIVE!!!! Come on over to see what we can put together for this lovely family!!!!

http://s3.excoboard.com/DisBigGive/69531/773820

Thanks everyone!! Im always AMAZED at what everyone does to help make the Big Gives so BIG!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

Guys seriously how long should 2 bowling shirts take me? I have been working on them all day and I have the collar done on one and still have the collar on the other and the sleeves on both. I am a little irratated with myself as well because I tried one on my biggest 2 year old and I am thinking I should have made the 3/4 for him. I am not sure it is going to fit by Valentines

My first (and only) bowling shirt took me longer than I anticipated too! Don't get discouraged!

Callie - thank you so much for jumping in on this!!! They will be thrilled with their new blankies!! So special, thank you!!! Yay for your 1st big give!!!

We had a fun weekend with the neices and nephew! We did an indoor playground yesterday, and then indoor water park today - I AM TIRED!!! lol

I did make them some new pj's to change into after the water park today - then we all wented to go to Cracker Barrel - sooooo, they wore them into Cracker Barrel!!!:rotfl: oh well, the kids coulda cared less!!! At least they were clean, right?????? haha

th_DSCF0964.jpg

So we got home and they started dropping like flies - lol - dont you love the Great Dane, Genevieve, sitting on my lap after the kids went down!!! lol. Hannah had been drifting off on my lap, sat up with her eyes closed and just laid down on the table!!! haha - then Tim lost it too!!!! Eliz was still awake, but fading fast!!!
th_DSCF0965.jpg

th_DSCF0966.jpg

th_DSCF0969.jpg

I love it Wendy!!!! What a great aunt to let them wear the pjs to Cracker Barrel!!!! And, they are all just so cute!!! It just makes me want to squeeze them!!!!!

It looks like you had a really fun weekend!! I bet you are tired though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter