Disboutiquers Part 23 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 3, but I'm here:cool1:

Got my shirts finished for Alexander's big give - His is a Birthday shirt because it will be his birthday when he is there!!!!!

100_2178.jpg

And this is a shirt I made for Bill for our trip - I want to make one for me too, but dont have a fabric I LOVE to put in it!!! lol - I'll find something!! I wanted to do the frayed edges thing, but was askeered to!!!:rotfl:

100_2179.jpg

These all came out great!

How about Coffee Cozies with their initial embroidered on them?
Love this idea:)

I'm finally getting around to sharing some pics from our trip last month. I still need to upload some to photobucket.
77.jpg

52.jpg

21.jpg

They look great!

Ok had to go feed dinner but here are the littles outfits I made. I am going to either add snaps or velcro and fake buttons to the bowling shirts. I don't do button holes and won't even try lol. I am not sure what I am doing with EEs outfit. I am either going to do a pair of ruffled jeans under it or leggings. I have no idea what we are wearing them for ... I think maybe Valentines?
shirtsdone.jpg

I would go with snaps too, I don't do button holes either-hehe....great job!

Made it over and I'm done lurking... I just ordered the (DISBoutiquer recommended) Brother CS6000i from Amazon.com with Prime free 2-day shipping. C'mon Thursday!!!

th_21.jpg

I've been busy working on the autograph quilts, more to come!

Your girls look adorable!!! I love the Aurora and Cinderella dresses! And, you just inspired me!!! I just got the idea to make Arminda and Lydia Sleeping Beauty dresses for our next trip! One in pink one in blue! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Ok had to go feed dinner but here are the littles outfits I made. I am going to either add snaps or velcro and fake buttons to the bowling shirts. I don't do button holes and won't even try lol. I am not sure what I am doing with EEs outfit. I am either going to do a pair of ruffled jeans under it or leggings. I have no idea what we are wearing them for ... I think maybe Valentines?
th_shirtsdone.jpg
These look fantastic!!! Good job!

Buttonholes really aren't so bad!

:yay:

I still need to post pics of my trip from September. I am just too lazy to put them in photobucket by the time I sit down at night.

That makes me feel better for not having posted any of pictures from 2 weeks ago!

Got my shirts finished for Alexander's big give - His is a Birthday shirt because it will be his birthday when he is there!!!!!

th_100_2178.jpg

And this is a shirt I made for Bill for our trip - I want to make one for me too, but dont have a fabric I LOVE to put in it!!! lol - I'll find something!! I wanted to do the frayed edges thing, but was askeered to!!!:rotfl:

th_100_2179.jpg

Wendy, these look fabulous!!! I am getting hoop envy looking at these! I SOOOO want a bigger hoop! (but, I will be happy with my 4x4...yep, I will...uh huh.....)

When are you leaving?

I'm here, but I promise not to cough on anyone. DH started it, now the rest of us are all sick! Thanks for posting the news on FB, I might have missed it otherwise. :goodvibes

I'm cracking up and DH thinks I'm nuts! I'm searching YCMT.com and found Carla C's patterns to purchase, like any good DISboutiquer. Lo and behold, one of my dear friend's girls are the models for most of her pattern "covers". The Precious dress, Portrait Peasant, Patchwork Twirl, Bowling Shirt, and the A-line dress/top just at first peek. What a hoot!

I'm here....... and looking for inspiration for our December trip still!

I posted my AK Christmas dress on the last page of the last thread for you...wasn't sure if you saw it before we moved or not.

I'm finally getting around to sharing some pics from our trip last month. I still need to upload some to photobucket.
th_77.jpg

th_52.jpg

th_21.jpg

These are great pics. I love the one with the ghosts. So cute. I can't wait to see your autograph quilts.

:santa:*Need your ideas please! Christmas Gift Related*:santa:

I have 53 staff members and want to give them something for Christmas. I have done baked goods, ornaments, mugs, personalized wooden things and other stuff in the past - usually things I make. I was thinking of doing something on the emb machine this year.

Anybody know what I could make (I could start now...) that would be around $1 or 1.50 per person to make in supplies?

Any ideas are greatly welcome as I have to stick to my budget and this one always kills me... I miss the days of 15 staffers - I did neat emb lap blankets and wooden snowmen - I can't do that for over 50 I would die....:laughing:

Thanks for your help,:love:

I am making embroidered dish towels this year for some of our family that we just make little things for. Maybe that would be an idea for you.

th_100_2178.jpg

th_100_2179.jpg

Wendy - these shirts are fantastic. I really love them. You are becoming the master of tshirts. I have been working on some myself tonight for a customer/friend. Gosh...I am scared to death to mess them up.

Its been soo long since was here I forgot my password... that just makes me sad:sad2:.

But life seems to be slowing down and I am loving the pics you all are posting.
I have not had time to sew since the summer and I think I posted this dress when it was completed. But here it is in action :)
SDC11573.JPG

SDC11588.JPG

you can see where this is going... right?
SDC11586.JPG

Well we had a blast at WDW in Aug and she wore the dress yesterday to Disney on Ice... with a turtleneck and leggings :thumbsup2. It held up great, even with the trip to Donald's boat. (forgive me if I posted the action shots before)
I have a apron in the works for my MIL. And then I am going to make myself a few handbags... yup, a few. A girl can never have to many, right?

We are planning to return to WDW in just over a year, and there is a small chance my 3 nieces might join us, along with Grandma and Grandpa ;)
If that turns out to be the plan, I might want to make a few outfits for the kids.... 4 girls (ages 9-4) and an 8 year old boy. I will be lurking for ideas. And I will try not to be a stranger :cool2:

Tweevil,
Making Coffee Cozies can be addictive ;)
I have a basket of them to prove it :thumbsup2

:santa:*Need your ideas please! Christmas Gift Related*:santa:

I have 53 staff members and want to give them something for Christmas. I have done baked goods, ornaments, mugs, personalized wooden things and other stuff in the past - usually things I make. I was thinking of doing something on the emb machine this year.

Anybody know what I could make (I could start now...) that would be around $1 or 1.50 per person to make in supplies?

Any ideas are greatly welcome as I have to stick to my budget and this one always kills me... I miss the days of 15 staffers - I did neat emb lap blankets and wooden snowmen - I can't do that for over 50 I would die....:laughing:

Thanks for your help,:love:

You know those little cardboard sleeves that they put on your cup at Starbucks or Caribou so your hot drink won't burn your hand? I'm not sure what they're called. Coffee cozies, maybe? I'm making those for co-workers this year. I saved the sleeve the last time I got coffee and carefully opened it up at the glued seam. I'm using that as my pattern. I don't have to buy fabric. Since it takes so little, I'll be using up scraps including felt or fleece as the insulation. To make it even less labor intensive, I'm planning on cutting the pieces out with a pinking shears. No turning them right side out that way. I have a big old jar of buttons that I'll use for embellishment. I think I'll see if I can find disposable coffee cups with lids to put the insulators on so everybody can tell what they are and I might put an envelope of hot chocolate mix inside the cup. When I do group gifts like this I usually stamp brown paper lunch bags with holiday designs. It saves a ton of money I'd otherwise spend on gift bags or wrapping paper.

Last year I found plain red jingle bell ornaments on sale at Walgreens. I added black pom pom ears and made little bows out of sparkly green pipe cleaners. A bow at the bottom of the bell was Mickey's bow tie. On top, it was Minnie's hair bow. Those I just taped onto the envelope of a Christmas card by the cord hanger instead of bagging or wrapping.

Another time, I made gingerbread boy ornaments out of a dough made from cinnamon and applesauce. I don't think I have the directions anymore, but it's easy to find on Google. You have to roll them out and cut them like cookies. I used a soda straw to make a hole at the top for a hanger before baking. They bake in a 170 degree oven long enough to dry out. Once they were cool, I decorated them with that paint that comes in the little squeeze bottles. It looked like icing. That one was kind of messy and time consuming, but they turned out really cute and they smelled heavenly!

Hope this helps!

Lori in east Podunk

Hiya guys and gals.
I've been only lurking in the past few threads just because I felt like I couldn't keep up! Have been super busy and sick and stuff.
I'm doing the big push of sewing for our big December trip.
Looks like I will have to buy a new machine in the process too.
Don't think I will ever be buying a secondhand anything again. I've had trouble with the Bernina since I got it. I LOOOOOVE the sewing part, but I have so much trouble with the embroidery part. The bobbin thread ALWAYS shows. I've had it serviced 3 times and it will appear to work and then bobbin thread again.
Bought a new bobbin case and everything.
I think its time to stop throwing money at it and move on. :confused3
Working on several things right now. I tend to hop from one thing to another. Focusing on smocking project right now since I don't want to ruin more of my precious fabric with bad embroidery.

Yay, my first thread switch!

I just put the finishing touches on Veronica's outfit and will be working on Alexander's shirt tomorrow. My DD Alison loves Tinkerbell and was very distraught to learn that the pretty Tinkerbell skirt on my machine was not for her, so I will be making her a Tinkerbell outfit sometime this week too.

Still waiting quite impatiently on my embroidery machine! I added several designs to my etsy favorites last night.

th_77.jpg

th_52.jpg

th_21.jpg

Those dresses are adorable!

How did you do the autograph quilts? Did you have each character sign a fabric square? I've been tossing around a quilt idea for our next trip.

th_shirtsdone.jpg

I love those outfits! I don't blame you a bit re: the buttons, I'm a big snap person myself. There's usually a whole lot of cursing in my sewing room when making buttonholes!

th_100_2178.jpg

th_100_2179.jpg

Love the shirts! I really like how you did Veronica's.

Made it over and I'm done lurking... I just ordered the (DISBoutiquer recommended) Brother CS6000i from Amazon.com with Prime free 2-day shipping. C'mon Thursday!!!

:cool1:

th_SDC11573.JPG

th_SDC11588.JPG

you can see where this is going... right?
th_SDC11586.JPG

Cute dress and cute pics! My daughter did the same thing in her Minnie Mouse dress at Epcot...lol.

Another time, I made gingerbread boy ornaments out of a dough made from cinnamon and applesauce. I don't think I have the directions anymore, but it's easy to find on Google. You have to roll them out and cut them like cookies. I used a soda straw to make a hole at the top for a hanger before baking. They bake in a 170 degree oven long enough to dry out. Once they were cool, I decorated them with that paint that comes in the little squeeze bottles. It looked like icing. That one was kind of messy and time consuming, but they turned out really cute and they smelled heavenly!

My boys did those a couple years ago as gifts to family. They were fabulous! Ours smelled great last year when we opened up the ornament box.

I made it !!!!!!!! YAY :cool1:

I paid my deposit today for our Disney Cruise on the Dream for the December 22 -26 cruise on the Bahamas. Now I have a real reason to start sewing so this afternoon I went to my local store and purchased some more fabric and a new set of dressmaking sissors as my other have been getting used by the husband.

Do any of you ladies have any dresses or clothes that they have made for a cruise??? If so I would love to see them as I need some ideas.

I am new to sewing even though I did sew alot years ago, so fingers crossed all I learnt is locked away in my memory banks.

I can't wait to see your lovely Christmas creations,

Have a great day

Jen :santa:

hi all, it might have looked like i wasnt around on the last thread. but i have been a very good lurker;)

I posted my AK Christmas dress on the last page of the last thread for you...wasn't sure if you saw it before we moved or not.

Thanks Anita! I had missed that post. It's an amazing creation. You did an awesome job mixing the fabrics for just a taste of Christmas to go with the AK theme. STUNNING!

I'm cracking up and DH thinks I'm nuts! I'm searching YCMT.com and found Carla C's patterns to purchase, like any good DISboutiquer. Lo and behold, one of my dear friend's girls are the models for most of her pattern "covers". The Precious dress, Portrait Peasant, Patchwork Twirl, Bowling Shirt, and the A-line dress/top just at first peek. What a hoot!

It's-small world after all, it's a small world after all......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter