Disboutiquers Part 23 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay I have been lurking here for a few weeks. Reading all the posts I am digging out my sewing machine and finding somewhere to leave it set up.

NO! and please dont tell the principal again, I do NOT need another Tardy slip like last time!:rotfl:
:rotfl:

Oh - one more thing... hubby bought me a serger :cool1: I just have not taken it out of the box or learned how to use it yet.:confused3
Yeah for you, what did you get, don't forget to give us pictures please.
okay I have been lurking here for a few weeks. Reading all the posts I am digging out my sewing machine and finding somewhere to leave it set up.
:welcome: Glad to have you join us. What kind of machine are you going to use? What is your first project going to be.

well i guess i am ok then, if there are no tardy slips handed out until page 10! thanks, Nini for sticking up for me!!! :-)

Wendy - these shirts are fantastic. I really love them. You are becoming the master of tshirts. I have been working on some myself tonight for a customer/friend. Gosh...I am scared to death to mess them up.

Aww - that means alot coming from you and all the others who have commented -thanks guys!! Im trying!! And Anita - thank you so much for signing up for the Big Give!!!!!!

Tweevil,
Making Coffee Cozies can be addictive ;)
I have a basket of them to prove it :thumbsup2

Are there any "In the Hoop" coffee cozy's for a 5x7?

I love the shirts. They're all unique so will stand out in the crowd - not that there are crowds at WDW or DL. I can't remember if you've been to DL before. The last two years I said I would go back there for a change of pace but seem to end up at WDW. Report back if you do the BIG ferris wheel :scared1: and roller coaster at California Adventure.

I am so planning on doing those things!!!!!!!

I made page 6. I guess that's pretty good considering how little time I have these days. But I have good reason at least.

He's 2 weeks old now.
75874_486932093244_606948244_6955251_1196618_n.jpg

75348_486932673244_606948244_6955278_1619451_n.jpg

149618_486932843244_606948244_6955289_6421214_n.jpg

How do you make these? Might have to make one/some:)

I picked up the pattern at YCMT a few years back. I think it was my first pattern from them ever. It seemed like a safe project for a beginner :)
I know there are free patterns online around. Either way, super fun and great for scraps!

I made it !!!!!!!! YAY :cool1:

I paid my deposit today for our Disney Cruise on the Dream for the December 22 -26 cruise on the Bahamas. Now I have a real reason to start sewing so this afternoon I went to my local store and purchased some more fabric and a new set of dressmaking sissors as my other have been getting used by the husband.

Do any of you ladies have any dresses or clothes that they have made for a cruise??? If so I would love to see them as I need some ideas.

I am new to sewing even though I did sew alot years ago, so fingers crossed all I learnt is locked away in my memory banks.

I can't wait to see your lovely Christmas creations,

Have a great day

Jen :santa:

Oh, so jealous! :thumbsup2

Aww - that means alot coming from you and all the others who have commented -thanks guys!! Im trying!! And Anita - thank you so much for signing up for the Big Give!!!!!!

Are there any "In the Hoop" coffee cozy's for a 5x7?

I am so planning on doing those things!!!!!!!

I haven't seen any, but I only have the 4x4 :sad1: so I might just not have seen them.

:rotfl:

Yeah for you, what did you get, don't forget to give us pictures please.

:welcome: Glad to have you join us. What kind of machine are you going to use? What is your first project going to be.

I have a Singer machine that I bought years ago off QVC it is a bare basic bones machine. I absolutely hate it so I am aiming to get a new one eventually.

I have used it for simple projects but I think I would like to make DD some skirts.

:santa:*Need your ideas please! Christmas Gift Related*:santa:

I have 53 staff members and want to give them something for Christmas. I have done baked goods, ornaments, mugs, personalized wooden things and other stuff in the past - usually things I make. I was thinking of doing something on the emb machine this year.

Anybody know what I could make (I could start now...) that would be around $1 or 1.50 per person to make in supplies?

Any ideas are greatly welcome as I have to stick to my budget and this one always kills me... I miss the days of 15 staffers - I did neat emb lap blankets and wooden snowmen - I can't do that for over 50 I would die....:laughing:

Thanks for your help,:love:

What about a Christmas dishtowel? If you ordered in bulk you might be able to do that in your price range.

Colleen

:santa:*Need your ideas please! Christmas Gift Related*:santa:

I have 53 staff members and want to give them something for Christmas. I have done baked goods, ornaments, mugs, personalized wooden things and other stuff in the past - usually things I make. I was thinking of doing something on the emb machine this year.

Anybody know what I could make (I could start now...) that would be around $1 or 1.50 per person to make in supplies?

Any ideas are greatly welcome as I have to stick to my budget and this one always kills me... I miss the days of 15 staffers - I did neat emb lap blankets and wooden snowmen - I can't do that for over 50 I would die....:laughing:

Thanks for your help,:love:
I have made a lot of key fobs with initials as gifts. Just embroider the initial, and use a stabilizer that you can iron on and leave in place for a little body to it, and fold in half lengthwise, stitch down the side, tucking in the raw edges. Add a 1 1/2 inch D ring and a split ring for keys.

You can also do the in the hoop eyeglass/sunglass case with an initial in the center. You can find it at www.swakembroidery.com there are a few other in the hoop projects there also.

I have been lurking for a bit now and feel like jumping in. I want to make outfits for my 2 neices for their trip next Nov.of 11. What is the best
basic dress to make? I do not have an emboridery machine so any embellishments will be done by hand. Thaks for your ideas in advance
I should mention the 2 year old has special needs and has a feeding tube in her tummy so waste bands should be adjustable as far as up down. Graces big sister is 4 years old

Someone else suggested the Simply Sweet jumper. Which is quick and relatively easy. You can also try the a-line jumper or the precious dress. add a button hole for the feeding tube.

Thanks for the autograph quilt advice. I think I am getting my head wrapped around it a little more. I'll just worry about how to do the binding and stuff after the squares are sewn together, right?

For those of you who have done one, could you please post pics of them again?:confused3

My first thread jump and I made it before page 10!:banana::banana:
I'm so excited I finally tried a pattern (easy fits) and now I am feeling more confident! I am making my daughters some dresses to match! I will definitely post once I get them finished!! :)

Erica

Hi folks

I'm making some easy fits as Christmas gifts in a boy's size 12, misses size 12 and a juniors size 2. Does any body have a size chart for average lengths and waist sizes for the elastic for these sizes or perhaps a general size chart? They're supposed to be a surprise so I was hoping to avoid asking for measurements.

Thanks for your help!

Lori in East Podunk

086-1.jpg

Hopefully, this will be a picture of one of the autograph quilts I've done. I don't put much on the photobucket account....and I have way too much trouble getting them from Facebook....

Nini

Hopefully, this will be a picture of one of the autograph quilts I've done. I don't put much on the photobucket account....and I have way too much trouble getting them from Facebook....

Nini

Nini, that came out great! I am thinking of doing one for my DS on our next trip. I know someone has mentioned before how they did it, but I can't seem to find this. Did you just use a regular fabric marker? Did you block off the seam allowance at all and how? And did you stabilize the squares at all before you had the character sign it? I was thinking of using about 9" squares and carrying a clipboard with us to help with the signing. I have 3 weeks until we leave, so I still have a bit of time to try to come up with something. I've made the other kids quilts, but never done one for him, so this might work out pretty well. Thanks!

I have been lurking for a bit now and feel like jumping in. I want to make outfits for my 2 neices for their trip next Nov.of 11. What is the best
basic dress to make? I do not have an emboridery machine so any embellishments will be done by hand. Thaks for your ideas in advance
I should mention the 2 year old has special needs and has a feeding tube in her tummy so waste bands should be adjustable as far as up down. Graces big sister is 4 years old

The Portrait Peasant (on ycmt, by CarlaC) is super easy and can be modified in many different ways too! As Nini said, for the Big Gives, we have had good success putting in a buttonhole on dresses for feeding tubes.

Hi all! It has been a long time since I have been on here!!! Update on our 20111 trip - looks like it may be waiting :( We were looking at either going in May for the flowers, or in November/December for the Christmas decorations. We are due with baby number five in May - and we are not sure if we wil have the funds now for our November/December trip - our youngest daughter - Sam - has been in the hospital since Sunday the 31st and they still have not figured out what is going on. But I figured I will try to plan something anyways... We went to Disney on Ice the other week, so I will post pictures once we get home.

Last time we went I planned about a year out, but started sewing about 6 months out. I waited to do my hems and finishing waistbands until the last month or so. I measured the kids and went with about a size bigger than they were, and that worked for us. Hope that helps!

I've been praying for you guys! :hug:
NO! and please dont tell the principal again, I do NOT need another Tardy slip like last time!:rotfl:

I was wondering if I'd have to pull those out again! ;)

Oh - one more thing... hubby bought me a serger :cool1: I just have not taken it out of the box or learned how to use it yet.:confused3

YAY!!!! I love my serger!!! It's really not as hard as it looks to use them!

All right!!! :welcome: You could do what I did, and make the family find somewhere other than the dining room table to eat!

I made page 6. I guess that's pretty good considering how little time I have these days. But I have good reason at least.

He's 2 weeks old now.
75874_486932093244_606948244_6955251_1196618_n.jpg
SOOOO precious!!!!!! Congratulations!

Nini, that came out great! I am thinking of doing one for my DS on our next trip. I know someone has mentioned before how they did it, but I can't seem to find this. Did you just use a regular fabric marker? Did you block off the seam allowance at all and how? And did you stabilize the squares at all before you had the character sign it? I was thinking of using about 9" squares and carrying a clipboard with us to help with the signing. I have 3 weeks until we leave, so I still have a bit of time to try to come up with something. I've made the other kids quilts, but never done one for him, so this might work out pretty well. Thanks!

I 'think' the directions are in the bookmarks.

Basically, you use freezer paper (the kind you buy on a roll in the grocery store) as a stabilizer. You iron it on the wrong side of the fabric. I used a small clipboard to help the characters write on it. We used fabric markers, NOT sharpies. The brand I used was Marvy. I did not use anything to mark off the seam lines (but probably should have.) A piece of masking tape around the edges will mark this area easily.

I think in this one my squares were 8 inches, and I cut them to 6 inches for the quilt.

I really, really wanted to do one this year using my embroidery machine to applique a picture of the character on each square and then have the character sign it, but it is not meant to be. Maybe next trip.

A tip...the freezer paper will start to come loose with a lot of handling. Just use the iron in the room to re-adhere it back on. I kept mine in a ziploc type bag and left the signed ones in the room each morning. Also, if you are like us and get mulitple Mickey signatures, write on the back where each one came from....you will be glad you did!

Nini

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter