Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things I finished. This is for a special little girl that is having a birthday this month.
IMG_3088.jpg

And this is one of the 2 shirts that I am making for Hank for the Big Give. At first, I thought it was terrible and didn't plan to give it to him. I think it looks OK, but not my best work
IMG_3086.jpg

I did the black to make it more cartoonish, but it shows allllll the mistakes.

LOVE the HSM shirt :)

I don't see any mistakes with Homer...guess you need a new camera that shows the "mistakes" ;)

I have 2 baby showers coming up, so I made a diaper and wipes tote, a nursing cover and a "taggie" taggie blanket for the soon to be little girl.
http://

I'm making my nursing covers tonight (not for me...don't want any rumors starting on here :rotfl: ). The directions I had only called for one fabric (ie not lined)...now I'm liking yours better...what to do...what to do :confused3

Slow day today here on the board...thought we'd get moved this weekend. I'm busy tomorrow so don't leave without me!

FINALLY !!! The Toy Story (DHS) outfit is done and I am in LOVE with it. I made a 3 which is a little big on her and the top ended up being a little longer than I thought but I don't have the elastic in the back. If it doesn't pull it up enough I'll take off the skirt and stitch it back on w/ a larger seam to take it up a bit....you can't see Hamm on the leg very clearly if I don't.:headache:

The Hello kitty skirt would be finished except for somehow my ruffles did NOT come out long enough and I was out of that fabric, so later this week I'll pick up more.

Finished the capris for the Friends around the world outfit. I shortened them b/c I thought the Toy Story capris were a bit long(they had to be to fit Ham in) but now I think they are too short..:rotfl: :rotfl: I guess I'm never happy!

I have layers 1 and 2 of the patchwork skirt sewn together...have to cut a few more strips for the 3rd tier.

SO total tally: 2 down 2 to finish 2 to go. Not so bad. Then I will be free to work on halloween costumes and a big give outfit!

And possibly a couple more customs:rotfl: :rotfl: I can't imagine having time for that but if Stephanie and I are cruisin' on tuesday then maybe I'll have time next weekend between meeting Dis friends from San Fransisco at WDW for Food and Wine Fest on Sat. and Kayaking on Sunday (it's the only way Hubby agreed to go on Sat.;) )

I will probably not see you guys for a couple of days, if I get a chance to post pictures I will.:thumbsup2

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!
...t.

I am going to make this for Hank to go along with the family shirts, for his Jedi training. Some Pixie Dust!

hankjedi1.jpg

Putting it on a blue shirt same color as the background,

Tracie

I need to go fix mickey's nose.

Very cool! I love Jedi Mickey!

So here is the view from my front yard, about 30 minutes ago. The leaves are just turning and there is already snow :sad2:

IMG_1558-1.jpg

that white blob in the V of the mountains? Not a cloud, that's a snowy mountain.

IMG_1557-1.jpg

this one makes me feel like I'm freezing!

IMG_1559-1.jpg

So here is the view from my front yard, about 30 minutes ago. The leaves are just turning and there is already snow :sad2:

IMG_1558-1.jpg

that white blob in the V of the mountains? Not a cloud, that's a snowy mountain.

IMG_1557-1.jpg

IMG_1559-1.jpg
Ahhhhhh! What a beautiful view!
I want to move to Utah!

IMG_1558-1.jpg

IMG_1557-1.jpg

IMG_1559-1.jpg

WOW :worship: That's the view from your house??? Interested in some company??? ;)

IMG_1558-1.jpg

IMG_1557-1.jpg

IMG_1559-1.jpg

wow what a beautiful view!! :goodvibes :goodvibes Here in Georgia it is warm, dry and dusty. It hasn't rained in a month. The ragweed is driving my allergies crazy.
Thank you for sharing your gorgeous pictures.

IMG_1558-1.jpg

IMG_1557-1.jpg

IMG_1559-1.jpg

WOW.............God does awesome work doesn't he. What a wonderful view to look at every day. I'm jealous, I live in OK, just flat land.:rotfl2:

Thanks everyone, I do love my view, snow and all. Come on out for a ski vacation! Mike keeps wanting to move to Texas and I keep telling him no. I think a big part of it is I would miss the mountains way too much.

I haven't posted in a while I have made Disney Pajama Pants for my little guy and my nephew. But I didn't take any pictures. It's a little too warm to wear them anyways.

I made my new baby niece a bag in August and then her mom wanted a matching/coordinating bag for her other daughter.

I thought I would share a couple photos of it. I like the way it turned out.

IMG_0450.jpg

Inside the bag
IMG_0451.jpg

The back of the bag.
IMG_0452.jpg

I also used the same fabrics to make another bag for a friend of mine. These photos aren't as good. The color isn't very good but it is the same fabrics I used for the other bag. I took the other pictures earlier today.
Front of the bag
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

I haven't posted in a while I have made Disney Pajama Pants for my little guy and my nephew. But I didn't take any pictures. It's a little too warm to wear them anyways.

I made my new baby niece a bag in August and then her mom wanted a matching/coordinating bag for her other daughter.

IMG_0450.jpg

Inside the bag
IMG_0451.jpg

The back of the bag.
IMG_0452.jpg

I also used the same fabrics to make another bag for a friend of mine. These photos aren't as good. The color isn't very good but it is the same fabrics I used for the other bag. I took the other pictures earlier today.
Front of the bag
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Those bags are really cute. Someday maybe I'll try my hand at a bag.:rotfl:

So much I want to comment on, but I am way behind on work and realized I had to make cookies for a bake sale tomorrow. (the cookies are baked, but I still have to decorate them).

We went to Sea World San Antonio. It was kinda our last dry run before Disney and also probably the last opportunity to use our season passes before the year runs out. We had a blast. THe crowds were almost non-existant and the weather was great. I'm hoping I can say the same about our trip to Disney World at the end of the month. I made a skirt with whales and dolphins on it and apliqued a whale from the skirt onto a teashirt for her to wear. (I need to upload my pictures and I'll post I swear). It was so much fun to hear people comment (either directly to me, or to each other) about how cute she looked in her whale and dolphin skirt. It made me even more excited to show off her Disney Customs.

Mommyof3Pricess - I'm sorry to hear about your husband losing his job. It sucks. :hug: My hubby and I were both out of work for several months in 2003/2004. Things were very rough at the time, but we made it through and are in a much, much better situation (both of our jobs are 100% better than they were) now. You are in my prayers.

wow what a beautiful view!! :goodvibes :goodvibes Here in Georgia it is warm, dry and dusty. It hasn't rained in a month. The ragweed is driving my allergies crazy.
Thank you for sharing your gorgeous pictures.

We have the same weather here in Dallas, TX! Not being a native Texan I always think I want to be somewhere else where we have a more seasonal change until I talk to my sister in Chicago and she says they have a foot of snow and it's only going to be 15 for a high. Then I appreciate Dallas so much more!

Thanks everyone, I do love my view, snow and all. Come on out for a ski vacation! Mike keeps wanting to move to Texas and I keep telling him no. I think a big part of it is I would miss the mountains way too much.

Oh come on Jeanne, we could be neighbors! Texas isn't so bad!

th_IMG_0450.jpg

Inside the bag
th_IMG_0451.jpg

The back of the bag.
th_IMG_0452.jpg

Front of the bag
th_IMG_0453.jpg

th_IMG_0455.jpg

Wow! Those are great! I may have to try my hand on a bag after seeing all of the fantastic ones on here.

So much I want to comment on, but I am way behind on work and realized I had to make cookies for a bake sale tomorrow. (the cookies are baked, but I still have to decorate them).

We went to Sea World San Antonio. It was kinda our last dry run before Disney and also probably the last opportunity to use our season passes before the year runs out. We had a blast. THe crowds were almost non-existant and the weather was great. I'm hoping I can say the same about our trip to Disney World at the end of the month. I made a skirt with whales and dolphins on it and apliqued a whale from the skirt onto a teashirt for her to wear. (I need to upload my pictures and I'll post I swear). It was so much fun to hear people comment (either directly to me, or to each other) about how cute she looked in her whale and dolphin skirt. It made me even more excited to show off her Disney Customs.

Mommyof3Pricess - I'm sorry to hear about your husband losing his job. It sucks. :hug: My hubby and I were both out of work for several months in 2003/2004. Things were very rough at the time, but we made it through and are in a much, much better situation (both of our jobs are 100% better than they were) now. You are in my prayers.

It sounds like you had a great time. We have been to Sea World San Antonio just once but I keep meaning to get back there. Maybe this spring for a long weekend. It just seems like such a haul from Dallas even though it's not too bad.

IMG_1558-1.jpg

IMG_1557-1.jpg

IMG_1559-1.jpg

WOW!! That is beautiful. I heard on the news this morning that the SLC area would be getting some snow and thought of you SLC-area girls.

Sohappy- I love the Homer shirt!!! It looks great!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Thank you so much for making them!!!!!

and the HSM shirt is really cute!!!

I am going to make this for Hank to go along with the family shirts, for his Jedi training. Some Pixie Dust!

th_hankjedi1.jpg

Putting it on a blue shirt same color as the background,

Tracie

I need to go fix mickey's nose.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!! This is so wonderful that Hank is getting more things!! He is going to love this!
I'm making my nursing covers tonight (not for me...don't want any rumors starting on here :rotfl: ). The directions I had only called for one fabric (ie not lined)...now I'm liking yours better...what to do...what to do :confused3

From the opinion of a (former) nursing mom, my babies would get very hot and sweaty while nursing, so the lighter the coverup the better!

Slow day today here on the board...thought we'd get moved this weekend. I'm busy tomorrow so don't leave without me!

FINALLY !!! The Toy Story (DHS) outfit is done and I am in LOVE with it. I made a 3 which is a little big on her and the top ended up being a little longer than I thought but I don't have the elastic in the back. If it doesn't pull it up enough I'll take off the skirt and stitch it back on w/ a larger seam to take it up a bit....you can't see Hamm on the leg very clearly if I don't.:headache:

The Hello kitty skirt would be finished except for somehow my ruffles did NOT come out long enough and I was out of that fabric, so later this week I'll pick up more.

Finished the capris for the Friends around the world outfit. I shortened them b/c I thought the Toy Story capris were a bit long(they had to be to fit Ham in) but now I think they are too short..:rotfl: :rotfl: I guess I'm never happy!

I have layers 1 and 2 of the patchwork skirt sewn together...have to cut a few more strips for the 3rd tier.

SO total tally: 2 down 2 to finish 2 to go. Not so bad. Then I will be free to work on halloween costumes and a big give outfit!

And possibly a couple more customs:rotfl: :rotfl: I can't imagine having time for that but if Stephanie and I are cruisin' on tuesday then maybe I'll have time next weekend between meeting Dis friends from San Fransisco at WDW for Food and Wine Fest on Sat. and Kayaking on Sunday (it's the only way Hubby agreed to go on Sat.;) )

I will probably not see you guys for a couple of days, if I get a chance to post pictures I will.:thumbsup2

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!
...t.

WAY TO GO TIFANI!!!!! You've been a busy little bee!!!!

th_IMG_1558-1.jpg

With a view like that, how do you EVER get anything done????

Missed the original Facebook conversation but I'm on there... Kristine Smith.

There are too many Kristine Smiths! Are you the one on the exercise ball??

Ith_MG_0450.jpg
I love the bags!!! Those are so pretty! What pattern did you use?

Looks like we will be moving tomorrow, everyone start packing up now. Everyone have a buddy??? We don't want to lose anyone.

I now remember why I don't normally let people con me into making my sugar cookies more than at Christmas time. Ugh, that is way to much work. I got +/- 3 dozen cookies decorated tonight for the bake sale. I have about a dozen left that I'll decorate later. I just couldn't do any more tonight.

I'm ready to make the move tomorrow. I'm glad we aren't moving when I'm on vacation. It will be easier to keep up this way (although I'll still be way behind after going on vacation for 10 days - not that I am going to complain).

It sounds like you had a great time. We have been to Sea World San Antonio just once but I keep meaning to get back there. Maybe this spring for a long weekend. It just seems like such a haul from Dallas even though it's not too bad.

I have the same thoughts sometimes about drive to San Antonio from Houston. Once we manage to get out of the city its fine. I would recommend spring or fall. Skip the summer. Its way too hot and crowded.

For those of you who have embroidery machines? How do you embroider clothing, such as tshirts, without stitching through the back side of the shirt?? Do you have to get something special or a certain kind of embroidery machine??? or do you have <gulp> take the shirt APART and then stitch back together??????????????????????? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

For those of you who have embroidery machines? How do you embroider clothing, such as tshirts, without stitching through the back side of the shirt?? Do you have to get something special or a certain kind of embroidery machine??? or do you have <gulp> take the shirt APART and then stitch back together??????????????????????? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

a lot of people hoop it and then hold the sides in place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter