Disboutiquers Part 9 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew CLOSED/MOVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need some kind of master list though with everyone listed alphabetically. I am horrible at remembering who is who!

We do! I recognize everyone's kids...trying to learn everyone's real name is hard :rotfl2:

OK...i started a new Topic on the Disboutiquer group entitled "My real name is...but you know me on DIS by..." If everyone can post their names, I'll come up with a master list.

I am working on a list that I will post on the wall. I am just slow. and busy. and slow.

Yup...those are my lines: "are you going to live?" & "are you broken?" I just can't stand the whining!!! Ash pierced her ears on Sunday without any tears. But she'll get a tangle in her hair and cry for 10 minutes!!!
That is Jenna through and through. Oh my goodness you should hear her in the morning when I brush her hair or when she plays with the dog and she gets scratched. I tell her when she gets scratched by Tinkerbell, "I heard you playing with the dog. You know Tink scratches, so it is just as much your fault you got scratched as it is hers.":rotfl:

I blame Disney!!! ;) (OK, I blame myself for letting her watch Disney :rolleyes1 ). Those darn HSM movies. Ash JUST turned 5 and she has posters up in her room of Zac Efron. (yes, I blame myself again, I let her hang them up! :rolleyes1 ) I was definately in Junior High before I got to put up Kirk Cameron, New Kids, and Luke Perry posters!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: Oh my goodness! You just brought back some memories!!!!!!!:rotfl2:

It's so hard to talk to the adults sometimes too. I find myself having to say over and over that while I understand that every word that comes out of a child's mouth isn't maybe an accurate fact, it is absolutely an accurate perception. If Sydni is saying these things and feeling this way I think you are totally justified in addressing it with the teacher.

I really hope that you have a teacher that is interested in helping these little girls learn how to get along. At about 9-10 it all hits the fan and all of the girls start to develop very identifiable personalities and some don't work so well with others. The only thing saving a 4th grade class from total chaos is the girls in it who know how to work well with others!

Good luck! I hope she wakes up excited for school tomorrow so you don't have to worry all day.

Thanks so much! Her teacher is really great, so I think my concerns will be addressed! At the parent/teacher conf. we had two weeks ago, she told dh and I that she does not tolerate other children being rude or excluding other children from play! She said that in her class that was unacceptable. she stresses to the children that they are all a team and should work and play together! I am hoping that maybe she is already realizing what is going on and taking steps to stop it! If not, hopefully she will. And I don't even want to think about preteen and teen years!:scared1: :eek: I am sooooooooo not ready for that! Thanks again everyone for all of your help!:grouphug:

I blame Disney!!! ;) (OK, I blame myself for letting her watch Disney :rolleyes1 ). Those darn HSM movies. Ash JUST turned 5 and she has posters up in her room of Zac Efron. (yes, I blame myself again, I let her hang them up! :rolleyes1 ) I was definately in Junior High before I got to put up Kirk Cameron, New Kids, and Luke Perry posters!!!
OMG I had a Kirk Cameron poster and several for NKOTB. I didn't like Luke Perry though. I was in Junior High before I was allowed to put stuff on my walls. Actually my mom was the one who put them up. She wanted them to look nice and neat. :lmao:

OMG I had a Kirk Cameron poster and several for NKOTB. I didn't like Luke Perry though. I was in Junior High before I was allowed to put stuff on my walls. Actually my mom was the one who put them up. She wanted them to look nice and neat. :lmao:

OMG...so did my mom!!! She FRAMED them so they would look neater! (which would kinda explain why there are framed pics of Zac Efron- cut out from Tiger Beat-on Ash's wall!)

You didn't like Luke Perry :confused3

I also had Johnny Depp from 21 Jump Street...times haven't changed too much :rotfl2: (if only Randy would let me hang one up in our room now! :rotfl: )

OMG...so did my mom!!! She FRAMED them so they would look neater! (which would kinda explain why there are framed pics of Zac Efron- cut out from Tiger Beat-on Ash's wall!)

I also had Johnny Depp from 21 Jump Street...times haven't changed too much :rotfl2: (if only Randy would let me hang one up in our room now! :rotfl: )
I would so hang a Johnny Depp poster over my bed right now if Colby would let me. :lmao: I had a poster of him from Edward Scissor Hands on my wall. I did not like Luke Perry, but I did like Jason Priestley. Although I did not have a poster of him.

FACEBOOK PEOPLE

I posted a list of disnames vs real names on the disboutique thread in the group page. I formatted it, but it wouldn't take any of the formatting on facebook. Take a look at it and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Alright here is Jen in her wrap dress. She is not in a good mood because she went to the dentist this morning and they did a bunch of work on her mouth. She had resin veneers put on her two front teeth, a broken tooth was removed and then they put a silver cap on another tooth. Her last dentist wouldn't do anything for her teeth so we changed to a new one. That's why she had to have so much done today. So anyways that is why she is not smiling in this pick and is instead giving me a 'go away mommy' look.
S2010205.jpg

I was looking at this picture on YCMT today! I think I'm going to buy the pattern for my DD.

So I finally signed up for Facebook tonight. Now how do I find all of the great Disboutique folks. (I know... y'all probably already talked about it, but I didn't think I'd ever get on Facebook, so I didn't pay attention)

Tom must have been really excited about the Prince Charming outfit because he sent his deposit right away! I finished his outfit and shipped it out next day air. He had Leighanna snap a few pictures of him modeling. I think he looks quite dapper. He even found some lime green converse!!

tomlimegreenshoesprincecharming_216.jpg
Tom-you look so Charming!!!!:laughing:

IMGP7091.jpg

:hug: :hug: :hug: The mom really wanted matchy and the little boy really likes Buzz so hopefully it fits both bills! :goodvibes
WOW! I'm sure they will LOVE them!!!

I know you guys wanted to see Fuzzy, Stinky and Racky again so I wanted to show off the completed outfit with Carla's founcy skort pattern.

IMG_0852.jpg

Of course, I see her teacher at school and she tells me they kids are going into the preserve behind the school today so I had to bring her jeans and sneakers because it is swampy and buggy. Megan was supposed to write it in her agenda so I would have her dressed appropriately. :rolleyes: So she looked cute a couple of hours today.

Now I am off to see what I missed today!
So cute!

Cathy, great job on the Big Give outfits! They are so cute! Steph, love Megan's matching shirt!

I finally took all of the books etc. off the bookshelves in my craft room and stuffed some fabric in them. I need a few more shelves! And a lot more of those plastic card thingies. You can tell only 1 shelf has them. :sad2: But it is SO much nicer to be able to see most of my fabric at a glance! Not to mention it just makes me happy to look at. :confused3

DSCN3466-1.jpg
Beautiful!

Did everyone see the freebie chef hat on YCMT? I posted it on Facebook, but not here yet. It is sooooooo easy, and really turns out cute! Here is Lou in one:
chefhat.jpg

Please ignore the fact that he is wearing a raincoat and driving a car in the living room. :sad2:
How cute!

Jham- I had to giggle at your fabric store! I have one too!! LOL :laughing:

This is about half of my fabric. I had to move into another bookshelf. I keep all my polka dots, licensed and collection fabric there. I do love having everything out in the open. It makes sewing so much easier when you can see everything. I also make substantially less trips to the fabric store. :)

DSCF9618.jpg

Another beautiful sight!

I was looking at this picture on YCMT today! I think I'm going to buy the pattern for my DD.

So I finally signed up for Facebook tonight. Now how do I find all of the great Disboutique folks. (I know... y'all probably already talked about it, but I didn't think I'd ever get on Facebook, so I didn't pay attention)

I'm no expert, I'm still trying to figure facebook out myself. :confused3 I do know you go to groups and then choose "Disboutiquers". Can't help anymore than that.:rotfl:

I have friends leaving in the morning for Disneyland. I did these today:
PB060122.jpg

I also am ALMOST finished with Sleeping Beauty and Briar Rose costumes for them to wear to a princess lunch. Bodices are complete - I just need to gather and attach skirts, velcro strip the back, and hem.

so...it's 11:45pm. I'm up for at least a couple of hours more. Is it too late to drink coffee??
Those turned out so cute!!!

:I will neither confirm nor deny this....
:rotfl2:

Tom must have been really excited about the Prince Charming outfit because he sent his deposit right away! I finished his outfit and shipped it out next day air. He had Leighanna snap a few pictures of him modeling. I think he looks quite dapper. He even found some lime green converse!!

tomlimegreenshoesprincecharming_216.jpg
:lmao: too funny!!!

I just sat down and made a list of all the things I need to do before Christmas. Here it is:

- Make 3 eye spy books
- Make a building block nativity set... this is so DARN CUTE! (for Henry)
- Finish Henry's Scrapbook for my DD for Christmas (Actually has to be done by Thanksgiving)
- Design a couple of picture frames for Christmas gifts
- Design, cut and apply a vinyl word design for my kitchen wall
- Make a Big Wish Scrapbook
- Make 4 signs with inspirational messages on them for house decorations (gifts)
- Put the garland together for the railings in the house- this will take FOREVER!
- Add to the snowman tree and set it up
- Decorate the house for Christmas before Thanksgiving (ALL the kids will all be here for Thanksgiving, but not Christmas- so we're having it early!) This includes setting up the main tree, Snowman tree, mantle, stair railings, little trees in the rooms...... I go all out and LOVE it when it's all done
- Shop for Christmas Gifts
- Wrap gifts
- Paint Powder room
- Paint Ceiling in DR
- Paint closet in the MBR
- Clean the garage
- Clean the basement and set up extra bed down there
- Switch 2 bedrooms around
- Put lights up outside
- Teach a craft class - 12 women making wood signs
- Teach my Sunday School class every week
- Prepare a nice luncheon for my good friends for Christmas
- Participate in a cookie exchange
- And various other things like preparing Thanksgiving meal etc.

So..... now that you've read through the list- how many do you think I'll actually get done before Thanksgiving is here??

I need encouragement- so I'm adding one more thing to the list....

Making a prize for my contest!

I have 1 month to get all this done. If you guess how many things I can get done in that time, and which things they are you will win a prize!
The person with the closet guess- wins! It will be sent out AFTER the month is over. Can't tell you what it is yet, but will in the next few days.

OK- go to it! What do you think I am capable of doing? Huh?!?!?!?
My guess is that you will get it ALL done EXCEPT for cleaning out the garage!!!!!:hug:

Yes, obviously since I'm HERE the outcome was eventually good! :rotfl: However, 4 weeks before my wedding I was in the hospital with Stage 3 Melanoma with only a 25% survival rate! If I had dealt with it earlier, it wouldn't have gotten it that bad.

Oh I'm so jealous that your child can go with the flow. We have to prep Aisling for any change in her routine or she'll go nuts!

I don't mean to scare you, your daughter's mole could be absolutely nothing but it's always better to have them removed. Moles that can have ANY kind of sun exposure could pose problems down the line.
OMG...I am so glad YOU are still here!!! I agree better to have this kind of stuff checked out than not!

Hi All.....just posting my Big Give outfits for the Amberwalts. I really had a wonderful time planning, shopping and sewing the outfits. I used Carla's patterns, Buzz fabric that T-Beri sent me, and fabric from Joann's plus a Buzz Lightyear book. I can't wait to send it off! I hope they have a wonderful Wish Trip!!!! :goodvibes

IMGP7081.jpg

IMGP7079.jpg

IMGP7091.jpg
Awww those turned out absolutely adorable. I think they will LOVE them!

I know you guys wanted to see Fuzzy, Stinky and Racky again so I wanted to show off the completed outfit with Carla's founcy skort pattern.

IMG_0852.jpg

Of course, I see her teacher at school and she tells me they kids are going into the preserve behind the school today so I had to bring her jeans and sneakers because it is swampy and buggy. Megan was supposed to write it in her agenda so I would have her dressed appropriately. :rolleyes: So she looked cute a couple of hours today.

Now I am off to see what I missed today!
LOve the new outfit Steph...she looks adorable!!!

WOW that is so cool!!!!

I've never sewn for an adult, so I can't help you there!
Uhhh...Heather...you have me laughing here. Have you forgotton the very 1st thing you sewed for your nephew????? Even if he was only a baby...your custom was for an adult. Hahahahahahaha. I really think you need to repost that picture of Corey for all our new friends here on the DisBoutique....:goodvibes popcorn:: :banana: (you do know I love ALL your stuff you make)

I got a little taste of this with Lou on Halloween night. We went to a party and trick-or-treating with some of the neighbors. The two little boys have been friends since birth, and Lou was such the odd-man-out. They were borderline mean to him. He hasn't been around many kids, so he didn't know what to think of it all. The so moms tried SO hard to make Lou a part of things, but it just wasn't happening.

Interestingly, my mom went through the same thing with me for the first half of elementary school. She'd drive by the playground, and I'd be alone, sifting through the sand and crying. She'd talk to teachers and parents, and it really didn't change anything. Eventually, I found my "group" and learned to have a great time and totally ignore the meanies.

With Lou, I'm really going to let him find his own way socially. He is fine with adults and older kids, just not other pre-schoolers. We've moved so much, he hasn't really had the chance to bond with anyone his own age. I definitely need to make some mommy friends here so he can have some one-on-one playdates and adjust to other kids. I wish you lived closer so he and Sydni could play together!

chefhat.jpg

Please ignore the fact that he is wearing a raincoat and driving a car in the living room. :sad2:
Awww poor Lou....I hate to see kids being left out. It's so sad.

He is adorable in his new chef hat...I need to go get that pattern. Thank you!

KIRK CAMERON...I had a major crush on him too. Cool thing was that I actually got to meet him up close and personal. When I was in high school (in CA) I babysat for one of the writers of "Growing Pains" and he got me into see a couple of the tapings and I got to meet the whole cast. It was really a blast!!! I also got to go to tapings of that short lived show, "My Two Dads".

I am looking for someone to do a trade with. Early last year my Great Aunt gave Jenna a Mickey Mouse scrapbook. I went out and bought a Mickey Mouse scrapbooking pack of paper and stickers or whatever is in that pack. Well the thing is I would rather sew than make a scrapbook and I'm not too good at scrapbooking anyways. So I was wondering if someone (who I can trust) would be interested in putting the book together for me in exchange for a custom or two of their choosing. Please PM me.

I already have someone doing the book for me.
Bummer, that sounded like an awesome deal... someone got lucky!!! :goodvibes

OMG I LOVED Johnny Depp from 21 First Street. I used to tape those shows and watch them over and over again!!!

Can any of you tell me where to get that new Mickey Mouse Christmas fabric.....the one that has red and green vertical stripes with images of Mickey and Minnie with Santa hats and wreaths I think. I saw it in an auction and love it. I would love to find a yard or so to make something for our Christmas trip. Any help would be amazing!!! Thanks!!!

This is about half of my fabric. I had to move into another bookshelf. I keep all my polka dots, licensed and collection fabric there. I do love having everything out in the open. It makes sewing so much easier when you can see everything. I also make substantially less trips to the fabric store. :)

DSCF9618.jpg

that is funny our bookshelves are so similar...except yours are all straight and nicely arranged...

Can any of you tell me where to get that new Mickey Mouse Christmas fabric.....the one that has red and green vertical stripes with images of Mickey and Minnie with Santa hats and wreaths I think. I saw it in an auction and love it. I would love to find a yard or so to make something for our Christmas trip. Any help would be amazing!!! Thanks!!!

I found that fabric at Joanns.

i am confused dont you still have NKOTB up? ;) After seeing them in concert last month i am very tempted to put a poster up but i think dh might be upset

DSCF9618.jpg

OK Lurker.... Here Hi everyone, we just finished my sewing rom andI need to know what do you guys put the fabric on that keeps the looking like they are on a bolt, That is so cool right now I have each piece in a plastic baggie so they slip slide every which way in the cabinet.

OH and we leave for Grand Floridian today and I am like the Parents in the WDW comercial I have been up since 4 because I can't sleep!!! I'm too excited

Lisa

I'm soooo excited!!!!:yay: Look!:dance3: I got a ticker...yep baby...we are going back and I am sooo excited:banana: :banana: :banana: ...Can I start sewing now?:cool1:

DSCF9618.jpg
You have such great fabric. I just love beautiful fabric. That's what my 4th bedroom looked like for a while. I help my mom with sell quilt squares. When she would go buy fabric I always went with her to "keep her from buying too much" from the wholesale distributor. Some times that meant spending $1,200. At one time, I easily had 100 full bolts of fabric in that room. We have now sold most of it off, and are slowly getting out of it.

OK Lurker.... Here Hi everyone, we just finished my sewing rom andI need to know what do you guys put the fabric on that keeps the looking like they are on a bolt, That is so cool right now I have each piece in a plastic baggie so they slip slide every which way in the cabinet.

OH and we leave for Grand Floridian today and I am like the Parents in the WDW comercial I have been up since 4 because I can't sleep!!! I'm too excited

Lisa

My fabric is overflowing in a big rubbermaid bin so I am very jealous of Jeanne and Aimee! I have to pull everything out to find a scrap of something.

Have a great time, the Grand Floridian is so beautiful!

I'm soooo excited!!!!:yay: Look!:dance3: I got a ticker...yep baby...we are going back and I am sooo excited:banana: :banana: :banana: ...Can I start sewing now?:cool1:

Why not? :confused3 That way you can get all the outfits done before you realize you need hats, purses, I spy bags, headbands and ribbon bows and other accessories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter