Veggie burgers — gone everywhere at COunter Service
Hummus sandwich — Columbia Harbor House

Guinness Stew at R&C
Fresh pineapple and caramel at the Poly
Molasses-crusted T-bone at Tony's

Le Cellier:
Prime Rib
BBQ Maple-Glazed Filet
Chocolate Moose (which had blueberries and raspberries instead of M&M's)

LTT: Their pot roast "used to" have fried onion straws on top

Crystal Palace: Prime Rib

Chefs de France:
Croque Monsieur
Burger

And as a previous poster mentioned....the way Sunshine Seasons used to be (the food then was much better)

Last edited:
My DH would say the NY strip at kona
For me? The cinnamon roll at Main Street bakery and the dole whip float with vanilla ice cream!

cheeseburger spring rolls from the cart in Adventureland
2 years ago at Cali Grill they had a starter of soft shell crab that was kind of salt and pepper style with chilli peppers and onions that was so so good ... it was gone when we last went in August. Was probably just a special but that appetizer was the best dish I ever ate at Disney

I miss the whole original menu at Flying Fish. The redone menu isn’t anywhere near as appealing as the original. To the PP who mentioned that horrible sounding watermelon-tuna combo—yuck! That appetizer was the final nail in the original (and better IMO) FF’s coffin.

I haven't been back since the new menu and redo of the restaurant. Staying at BWV in three months, and haven't made a reservation. I don't think I will.

I haven't been back since the new menu and redo of the restaurant. Staying at BWV in three months, and haven't made a reservation. I don't think I will.

We ate at FF in 2012. I had the “Taste of the Boardwalk’s Best” or some such name for a 3 course meal that included two half-size appetizers (Caesar salad and crab cakes), two half-size entrees (steak and the potato wrapped snapper), and a dessert (banana Napoleon). OMG! It was like the best meal ever. The atmosphere was fun and whimsical; our server was awesome.

I wanted to go back and didn’t return to WDW until 2016, but by then, they ruined the place IMO. Not only was the wonderful menu gone, but the cute decor was taken out and made formal and stuffy.

I guess the original restaurant wasn’t performing as well as Disney wanted, so that’s why they changed it so drastically. Can’t blame them, but I wish they chose somewhere else to completely revamp.

Another vote for the potato wrapped snapper at Flying Fish. My wife and I both absolutely loved it when we went for the marathon one year. When we took the kids back that year (out of guilt) we booked again and got the same thing with the crab cake appetizer. Amazing! We were so disappointed with the menu change and refuse to go back now.

I miss the kielbasa sandwich that used to be at Rosie's in HS.

I miss the way the LAND food court used to be - chocolate chip cookies, the potato counter, the frozen beverage counter...

The apple turnover from the Main Street Bakery that was coated in sugar...

oh ya and the raisin thing they used to have. what was it. . . the apple turnovers were really good too!

tiramisu at narcoossee's. before kids we used to come back to the hotel at night go to the bar and sit and have dessert and a few drinks.

We ate at FF in 2012. I had the “Taste of the Boardwalk’s Best” or some such name for a 3 course meal that included two half-size appetizers (Caesar salad and crab cakes), two half-size entrees (steak and the potato wrapped snapper), and a dessert (banana Napoleon). OMG! It was like the best meal ever. The atmosphere was fun and whimsical; our server was awesome.

I wanted to go back and didn’t return to WDW until 2016, but by then, they ruined the place IMO. Not only was the wonderful menu gone, but the cute decor was taken out and made formal and stuffy.

I guess the original restaurant wasn’t performing as well as Disney wanted, so that’s why they changed it so drastically. Can’t blame them, but I wish they chose somewhere else to completely revamp.

We had been going to the Flying Fish for years with our two sons. They were pretty young kids, now both grown and gone from home, so a long time. The funny thing is that every time we went, it was crowded! Really. Completely filled. It's hard to imagine that it wasn't performing as well as Disney wanted, but who the heck knows.

It was always our family's favorite restaurant. I went with DH in December 2014 (I think). I had the same steak/snapper combo and loved it. Was at Swan/BCV in March 2016, and it was closed for the reno. Was at the Swan this past December, and just wasn't feeling the menu, and didn't go. First time at Disney that I didn't eat at the Flying Fish.

I loved the decor before...and the menu. I do try to go with the flow with regards to changes at Disney, but I'm having a hard time with this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter