Discontinued Menu Items You Want Back

The lemon posset at the Rose and Crown. I do have a decent recipe and could make it myself, but it's pretty time consuming.
The Plato Mexicano at the San Angel Inn.
The turkey at LTT lunch. It sucks that you have to get the whole AYCTE platter to get turkey at lunch now.

Count me in as another that desperately misses the old Flying Fish menu!! It was my favorite restaurant! Aside from the snapper, they had the best steak on property, and their truffle mac & cheese was my fave. We'll finally be returning next week, but I know it won't be the same.

I also miss LUNCH MENUS in general. Being able to get a burger, sandwich, quiche and salad, or other lighter fare at a table service was nice. This weird emphasis on braised meat and heavy sauce when it's 80 degrees outside is completely baffling to me. . .looking at you in particular, Chefs de France. (actually most of Epcot, now that I'm thinking about it)

The whole menu at Akershus. We loved it back in the day.
Yes! Unfortunately, I only got to eat there once before it changed.

I also miss the steak and shrimp combo at Yak & Yeti; ostrich app at Jiko; buttermilk fried oysters at Narcoossee's; full-size grapefruit cake slice at Hollywood Brown Derby (don't care for their mini dessert trios). HBD also used to have an entree-sized salad with seared rare tuna, Asian greens and pickled vegetables that was excellent.

Strawberry Swirl from Enchanted Grove in MK
2174498520_ab26ff395b_b.jpg
We so loved this and miss it terribly. Dole Whip just doesn't compare.
The almond crusted chicken from Kona Cafe.
The banana split parfait from Starring Rolls. Really miss starring rolls and don't know why they closed it.

I also miss LUNCH MENUS in general. Being able to get a burger, sandwich, quiche and salad, or other lighter fare at a table service was nice. This weird emphasis on braised meat and heavy sauce when it's 80 degrees outside is completely baffling to me. . .looking at you in particular, Chefs de France. (actually most of Epcot, now that I'm thinking about it)
Agreed. I really enjoyed the quiche at Chef's and DH got either a chicken crepe or sandwich. Same with LeCellier they had a salmon BLT I would orger while DH got a burger. We love a filet/steak but usually not hungry enough for one at 12:30.
I also miss the Prime Rib with regular Yorkshire Pudding at R & C. NY Strip Steak is not the same and the only thing I want on my Yorkshire Pudding is the juices from the meat

Years ago, when the food at Tony’s was edible, I loved the eggplant rollatini. Everything has gone so downhill there that we won’t even walk in the place! Once upon a time we actually enjoyed it.

Also, in general, I miss Spoodles breakfast.

The cheesesteak sandwiches from Cosmic Ray's. They were there when I was a CM in 2000, not sure when they were removed from the menu.

The banana cream pie at Sci-Fi (circa 1994) and Major Domo’s Favorite Pie at CRT. I’m pescatarian now, but have fond memories of the many times we dined there. I always ordered that puff pastry savory pie.

I miss the way the LAND food court used to be - chocolate chip cookies, the potato counter, the frozen beverage counter...

Me too!!!

Also...everything at Starring Rolls (so sad that it's closed), the Lighthouse Sandwich at CHH, and all of the old veggie burgers at both WDW and DL...I really don't like the new ones they changed over to a few years ago. :(

The quinoa veggie burger with tzatziki sauce at Liberty Tree Tavern lunch.

And whatever cauliflower flatbread we had a few years ago at Jiko.

Happy for new stuff, too. I guess we never know when a new thing will be our new favorite!

I had a fantastic jerk chicken dinner at the old Captain's Tavern at CBR. Back in the early 2000's. It was amazing!!

Also...beavertails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter