Discontinued Menu Items You Want Back

Pulled Pork Mac And Cheese at HS: For a few years WDW had tested a bunch of different Mac and Cheese menu items throughout the parks. We personally enjoyed all of them. However, only the hamburger mac and cheese at Friar's Nook remains. IMO this was the least appetizing option.

Eight Spoon Cafe and Flame Tree at AK has a pulled pork mac and cheese....have you tried this one? (They also have a sweet chili shrimp pulled pork at the Eight Spoon location)

I don't know for sure if it's gone (it's not listed on the menu anymore, I haven't been since my trip in 2015, and I'm hoping it's there when I go back in a couple of weeks) - but if the pulled pork eggs benedict from the Trails End breakfast buffet are gone, I will be SOOOO sad!!

@patty57 I just looked at the FF menu and found it interesting that several types of fish are now listed with choice of preparation with either a potato beurre blanc or leek fondue with cassis-red wine sauce.

Their signature dish, as you know, was potato wrapped snapper served over leek fondue and cassis-red wine sauce. Sounds like they may be trying now to get some old customers back.

Last edited:

@patty57 I just looked at the FF menu and found it interesting that several types of fish are now listed with choice of preparation with either a potato beurre blanc or leek fondue with cassis-red wine sauce.

Their signature dish, as you know, was potato wrapped snapper served over leek fondue and cassis-red wine sauce. Sounds like they may trying now to get some old customers back.

Going to check out the menu now...::yes::

Eight Spoon Cafe and Flame Tree at AK has a pulled pork mac and cheese....have you tried this one? (They also have a sweet chili shrimp pulled pork at the Eight Spoon location)

I don't know for sure if it's gone (it's not listed on the menu anymore, I haven't been since my trip in 2015, and I'm hoping it's there when I go back in a couple of weeks) - but if the pulled pork eggs benedict from the Trails End breakfast buffet are gone, I will be SOOOO sad!!
I would assume it is the same dish. good to know it exists somewhere else. thanks

After returning from Disney this past weekend, the GF and I were discussing what food we miss eating the most at Disney because it is no longer offered. Here is what we came up with

The Burger at LeCellier: We both absolutely loved this burger and while I have been able to do a decent job of recreating the sweeter taste of the beef (add maple syrup to a sweet BBQ sauce and mix with the beef) it isn't the same. Such a shame that it was taken off the menu.

Tanglewood Chicken at Jiko: This was a spicy chicken that was honestly as good as any of the beef options available on the menu. Unfortunately there were too many complaints that it was too spicy and it was replaced with a much milder dish that just doesn't come close.

Pulled Pork Mac And Cheese at HS: For a few years WDW had tested a bunch of different Mac and Cheese menu items throughout the parks. We personally enjoyed all of them. However, only the hamburger mac and cheese at Friar's Nook remains. IMO this was the least appetizing option.

Anyone else have a menu item that has been discontinued that you miss?
Pot Roast Mac & Cheese from Friar's Nook! and BLT Waffle Fries from Golden Oak Outpost :sad:

The corned beef has at The Crystal Palace. It used to be on the breakfast buffet, and I loved mixing it with the scrambled eggs. Haven't found any at home that I like as much.

The cinnamon rolls at MSB. I know they offer cinnamon rolls at other locations, like Gaston's, etc., but these were fresh cinnamon rolls. Now everything tastes and seems pre-made.
THIS! It is just not the same as it was at MSB!

My hubby would say that he misses the Chocolate Cake that LeCellier use to have, I don't know what was so special about it but he always talks about it.

I want to add the chocolate nutella cake they used to have at the California Grill. It had such a nice, deep chocolate flavor. Went great with black coffee. Was unhappily surprised to see it off of the menu this past October.

Everything from Main Street Bakery! I also miss Starring Rolls, it wasn't the best food ever, but sometimes it was nice to just be able to grab a good sandwich in the parks, especially DHS. Also the waffle fries from the outpost in Frontierland.

We miss the deep fried scallops from Cookes of Dublin in Disney Springs. I may have actually cried when they were taken off the menu....

but the cute decor was taken out and made formal and stuffy.

I thought I was the only one who wasn't a fan of the new decor. I've only seen pictures, but I loved how fun and "boardwalk"y the old decor was. It was still nice, but whimsical too. The new place could be anywhere. Also not as family friendly IMO, which some people may view as a good thing but I love to take my kiddo to signatures when we are there and this is not on the list due to stuffiness and menu.

I had a short ribs meal at Le Cellier once and it was amazing! I didn't check the menu before our last visit there and was looking forward to it again. Well, I learned my lesson. It was gone. Oh well. I had the filet, but it just wasn't as good as those short ribs! And our first visit there, they had an upside down pecan pie that was heaven in a dish. Never saw that again, either.

I thought I was the only one who wasn't a fan of the new decor. I've only seen pictures, but I loved how fun and "boardwalk"y the old decor was. It was still nice, but whimsical too. The new place could be anywhere. Also not as family friendly IMO, which some people may view as a good thing but I love to take my kiddo to signatures when we are there and this is not on the list due to stuffiness and menu.

The ceiling was decorated with mobiles of flying fish on carnival rides. It was adorable.

My son (15 at the time) and I dined there after Illuminations one night. I took the latest ADR I could get and we walked there after the show (that we watched behind a football star and his family).

I freshened up in the restaurant’s restroom, which was inside a candy shop and shared with the place that was Kay Cora’s at the time and is now the Trattoria. Even though I had spent the day at Epcot in Capri pants and a nice top, I didn’t feel underdressed and out of place.

I don’t know if I’d feel the same way now. It’s so formal looking now that I’d want to go there straight from my hotel dressed in my finest clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter