Discontinued Menu Items You Want Back

Sanaa's banana cheesecake. Was soooo so good:

c31b7a5ff10c8926846bfa9db88b3819--banana-cheesecake-disney-food.jpg

The pork tenderloin or whatever it was called at Tiffins... no longer on the menu and replaced with pork belly ramen. :'( Not going to Tiffins next month because of it. I'll try Sa'tuli Canteen instead. :)

German Chocolate Danish from Starring Rolls
Sausage with green peppers and onions in a French baguette from Min and Bills Dockside
Make your own pizza and sing-a-long at Fort Wilderness

Years ago, LTT had an apple shortbread dessert for lunch. It was amazing! They replaced it with another dessert with apples but it wasn’t nearly as good. I know the Ooey Gooey Cake gets a lot of love, but we really miss the apple dessert.

In 2015 I had a delicious vegetarian dish at Flying Fish. I forget what it was - something that took a lot of time to prepare because it was dozens of layers of flaky shells with veggies. I went back in 2016 and it was off the menu - the chef said it was too time consuming . If they put that back on the menu I would be there in a heartbeat!

ADULT GRILLED CHEESE @ capt. cooks, I'm still completely heartbroken over that one.
The stuffed pablano pepper @ garden grill.
The chicken pita with the couscous salad @ The Mara.
The veggie burger at Sci-fi that had the tomato jam, cucumber and grilled onions...best veggie burger ever.
Grilled veggie panini with goat cheese at Artist Palette.

When did they get rid of the chicken pita with couscous meal at Mara? It was one of my favorite meals there.:(

Another disappointed vote for the disappearance of the old menu at The Flying Fish. My wife and I were there in December, so excited to try it out since the renovation. This trip we found it absurdly expensive, with microscopic portions that, while well prepared, weren’t memorable like so many of the dishes used to be.

Very, very disappointed. It has gone from the one restaurant that we *always* dined at every single time we were at WDW without exception to one that we probably won’t go back to.

And for the first time ever that we’ve seen, the restaurant was 70% vacant when we were there. Not conclusive evidence, but, that certainly suggests many others agree.

Last edited:
What is the adult grilled cheese??

Cheddar, swiss, and Boursin cheeses and is served on multi-grain sunflower bread with tomato. It got removed during the remodel several years ago but remained available if you asked for it. I went back a year ago and it was gone completely!

When did they get rid of the chicken pita with couscous meal at Mara? It was one of my favorite meals there.:(

About 8ish months ago. I went there to specifically get that and it was gone. I went straight to the manager that was standing off to the side and said I want to file a complaint. He looked relieved when he realized it wasn't a real complaint and said they had removed it just that week, along with the coucous. At least they brought the falafel one back and I think the coucous is back but I'm not sure.

The old penne pasta with chicken at Sci-Fi from about 5 years ago. The stuff I got last time was very spicy to me and I don't do spicy.

The Samoan at Kona.
This is what I was trying to think of the other day that my husband had gotten there several years ago! We were looking over menus for our trip this year and I knew I didn't see what he had ordered before!

Vegetarian chili in a bread bowl from Columbia Harbor House...and I'm not even vegetarian. Man it was so good!

Firecracker factory: burger & poppers
Liberty tree tavern: griddled pound cake & ice cream
main st bakery: french toast loaf
Ariel's: fish platter
Alfredo's: fettuccine alfredo
Tutto Italia: chicken cutlet with tomato & arugula
steermans quarters: filet & shrimp

Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island had the best hot wings I have ever eaten. They were juicy and spicy, and the accompanying cornbread was divine. We would drive over just for a wing lunch, and not do anything else . . .:sad:

Le Cellier had a dessert for the millennium celebration that was delicious. It was a dark chocolate 3-D model of Spaceship Earth filled with maple mousse. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter