Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

Thanks to patyoung for our AP discount card, which arrived this morning. :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: Disers are so kind, especially taking the time to send to Bonnie Scotland. We'll be on a plane from Glasgow this time next week and although we are heading down to Anna Maria Island for the first week, will be back in Orlando to make good use of our new APs from the 21st onwards, then again in October and December/January. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Mrs TT

I have 4 discount cards if anyone needs them. Just email me and I will send them to you. bbarber3@hotmail.com

Becky

I've got a couple of cards left if anyone still wants one. Just PM with your address and how many you need.

Two questions about the 10% referral cards:

A friend of mine is going in October and will buy annual passes. I told him the referral cards were only good through July 31st. He said if he had one, he could purchase his APs now with it, but not activate them until October.

When I look over the information the original poster gave us (thanks Cheshire Figment!) what I understand is it has to be bought on property and the AP becomes active that day - not the first day you use it. Is this correct? So there's really no way for him to purchase one now (not being at Disney) and even if he was at Disney, it would become activated immediately, not with the first use in Oct.

Any chance they will ever send out the referral cards to card holders again?

Two questions about the 10% referral cards:

A friend of mine is going in October and will buy annual passes. I told him the referral cards were only good through July 31st. He said if he had one, he could purchase his APs now with it, but not activate them until October.

When I look over the information the original poster gave us (thanks Cheshire Figment!) what I understand is it has to be bought on property and the AP becomes active that day - not the first day you use it. Is this correct? So there's really no way for him to purchase one now (not being at Disney) and even if he was at Disney, it would become activated immediately, not with the first use in Oct.

Any chance they will ever send out the referral cards to card holders again?

No, he cannot wait to activate them later. They are very specifically for APs activated at the time of purchase. He CAN purchase vouchers to be activated later, but he cannot get the 10% off.

Is there chance? Sure...but if they do there will probably be other restrictions and hopefully it gets better communicated than this one did.

Sorry -- didn't read through the whole thread, but is there any way to follow-up and see if the cards were actually used by the people we sent them to? What if August comes and goes and no $25 gift cards are received? Is there some where to call and inquire about it? Thanks!!!

Been lurking for a while now, so this is my first post... please be kind! :)

My mother gave me her annual pass savings cards last night - 4 of them - but I can't use them because I'm not going to be down until Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure my dad probably has his floating around the house somewhere also!

If anyone wants them, send an email to mjsanok @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and I'll mail them out ASAP.

Sorry -- didn't read through the whole thread, but is there any way to follow-up and see if the cards were actually used by the people we sent them to? What if August comes and goes and no $25 gift cards are received? Is there some where to call and inquire about it? Thanks!!!

Nope....all you can do is wait like the rest of us. It will be like getting free money as far as I'm concerned. I guess it really depends if the folks you gave them to lets you know also. I had some great folks that I gave cards too. One recently wrote me to say all went well and he bought 4 APs with his card. So I know I should have at least $100 coming my way. Since they are not due to arrive until mid-August nothing we can do but wait. I'm sure there is a percentage of folks that may have not used the cards, but I asked my folks that if they didn't use the cards, to please try to give them to someone who could. It will be interesting to see how well we did. This was one promotion where everyone was a winner (new AP holders, old AP holders and Disney).

I'm sure Disney's official answer, if you were to ask, would be that these cards were for friends and family members. As such, you should be able to contact them to see if the cards were used or not. I don't think they were thrilled about the cards being traded online.

Some folks who tried to redeem the cards got a grilling at the ticket window to identify the name and address of who they'd received the card from. This was done with a similar underlying reason -- the cards are supposed to be from your friends and family, you should know their name and where they live.

I think it's just a matter of waiting and hoping they were used.

I just hope when the gift cards do arrive, they don't have a ridiculous expiration date on them. We're traveling in early August for our 2009 trip, and won't be back again for a while. Since the cards aren't being mailed until mid-August, I'm sure I won't be able to use them this year.

it's a MIRACLE. A MIRACLE, I tell you!

If you have been following along on our saga (no mickey monitor arrived, spent about eight hours on the phone over 40 days trying to get a replacement,emailed and talked to at least a dozen different people, several different people who were suppose to return our call with info never did, the replacement never arrived, found out the replacement was never mailed, etc)

I have a mickey monitor. Which means I also have 4 referral cards. If you need one, PLEASE pm me and I will send it right out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter