Discovery Cove 2014 Roll Call

Wife and I are making our second visit on March 23rd. This time, we are bringing along my niece and nephew. We loved it the first time around, we missed the fresh water oasis by about a month so there will be something new to see.

Can't wait to do some more snorkeling so I can test out my new action cam!!

Added to our list on page 1 :thumbsup2 .

You will LOVE the Freshwater Oasis. Those otters are so stinking cute.

My family and I are coming for our first visit to Orlando in May and couldn't pass up the oportunity to visit DC and swim with the dolphins :banana:

We are a family of four.....mum, dad DS12 & DD9. Can't wait :woohoo::woohoo:

My family and I are coming for our first visit to Orlando in May and couldn't pass up the oportunity to visit DC and swim with the dolphins :banana:

We are a family of four.....mum, dad DS12 & DD9. Can't wait :woohoo::woohoo:

Awesome! Have you selected the date for your DC day yet? If you have, let me know which day in May you'll be visiting and I will add you to our list on page 1 :) .

We are planning to go to Discovery Cove on September 1st (Labor Day). We thought it best to start our week long trip there (better there than other crowded parks that day, right?) and it gives us days to reschedule in case of inclement weather.

My dd's 9th bday is in mid-Sept so we thought we might do the celebration pkg at DC for her.

Questions:

1)do you have to book the celebration pkg at the same time you book your day pkg? What about the photo pkg?

2) would you recommend a cabana? We have visited water parks and never even sit down the entire time. I'd like to, but I never do.

3)What are the perks of having a cabana?

4) do you get to pick your cabana locale?

5)we are weighing the cost since going on LD is $120 more for our family than going the next day.

Thank you!:goodvibes

See my answers below, in red:

We are planning to go to Discovery Cove on September 1st (Labor Day). We thought it best to start our week long trip there (better there than other crowded parks that day, right?) and it gives us days to reschedule in case of inclement weather.

Excellent idea!!! :thumbsup2

My dd's 9th bday is in mid-Sept so we thought we might do the celebration pkg at DC for her.

Questions:

1)do you have to book the celebration pkg at the same time you book your day pkg? What about the photo pkg?

Celebration packages should be able to be added at any time, as long as you have a dolphin swim booked. Celebration packages with the cabana add-on will only be available as long as there is cabana availability (cabana-only reservations are released at the 3-week point before your visit). The photo package cannot be purchased in advance unless you pre-purchase the Elite package add-on (which includes a cabana, all items in the celebration package, and the ultimate photo package).

2) would you recommend a cabana? We have visited water parks and never even sit down the entire time. I'd like to, but I never do.

We love the cabana.....but its not necessary. We enjoy the ability to get out of the sun and relax in the privacy of our own space. We like having an afternoon siesta for an hour. We love having a staff member spoil us all day by refilling our fridge and snack basket. Its a splurge but not a necessary one. If the budget allows...awesome! If not, its still a spectacular day.

3)What are the perks of having a cabana?

Your own private space (no worries about finding a shady spot...you have one guaranteed). A designated meeting space for your family. A locker that's in your cabana vs. in the general locker area. Your own fridge. A staff member dedicated to you all day long....to refill your fridge with your beverages of choice, to keep your snack basket stocked with your favourites, to bring you more sunscreen, to help in any way you need.

4) do you get to pick your cabana locale?

No. They are assigned at check-in. You can always ask for a specific spot but requests are not guaranteed.

5)we are weighing the cost since going on LD is $120 more for our family than going the next day.

We always pick the day of the week that has the highest crowd numbers at the other park. Avoiding the crowds, for us, is always worth the extra $$.

Thank you!:goodvibes

Thank you so much, Gina for the thorough responses. This helps so much! :)

You are most welcome :goodvibes .

I have added you to page 1 with a visit date of September 1st. If that changes, just let me know and I will make the amendment to the list :thumbsup2 .

Please add us to the roll call. It will be myself and my DD on June 4th. It is the big Double Digit Birthday for DD so this is her surprise present. :cheer2: She has no clue we are doing this. I booked the Elite package with celebration, so we will be pampered all day. Really looking forward to our day. It's right in the middle of our vacation, and should be great for relaxing.

Please add us to the roll call. It will be myself and my DD on June 4th. It is the big Double Digit Birthday for DD so this is her surprise present. :cheer2: She has no clue we are doing this. I booked the Elite package with celebration, so we will be pampered all day. Really looking forward to our day. It's right in the middle of our vacation, and should be great for relaxing.

Added :thumbsup2 .

We are getting quite a list!!! :cool1: :banana:

Wife and I are making our second visit on March 23rd. This time, we are bringing along my niece and nephew. We loved it the first time around, we missed the fresh water oasis by about a month so there will be something new to see. Can't wait to do some more snorkeling so I can test out my new action cam!!

We will be there on the 23rd too! Our first trip and we are really looking forward to it. My DS is 5 so no swim.

Just a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer please.
We are buying DC with the Busch Gardens. We are staying at Tradewinds in St Petes for the first 7 nights of our 3 and a half weeks so thought we will go to BG on maybe 12th Aug. So wanted to check firstly that we can do it this way round and confirm what date we would have to go to DC by, I am assuming by 25th August. Is that correct.
I want to go to BG as late as possible so we still have the Aquatica option for most of the time we are in Orlando as this is my sons favourite park.
Thanks

Just a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer please.
We are buying DC with the Busch Gardens. We are staying at Tradewinds in St Petes for the first 7 nights of our 3 and a half weeks so thought we will go to BG on maybe 12th Aug. So wanted to check firstly that we can do it this way round and confirm what date we would have to go to DC by, I am assuming by 25th August. Is that correct.
I want to go to BG as late as possible so we still have the Aquatica option for most of the time we are in Orlando as this is my sons favourite park.
Thanks

That sounds about right (but I'd probably call to confirm the expiry of the 14 day pass based on your planned date of first use, just to be sure).

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't leave your DC day until the last day of your vacation, though. Just because August is hurricane season, and it would be a real disappointment if bad weather hit right at the end of your holiday and you had no further opportunity to reschedule. But I'm a worry wart and tend to think of those kind of "what ifs" wayyyy too much :rotfl: . I have scheduled our DC smack dab into the middle of our vacation because of that same logic.....to have a buffer zone. Your BG/SW/AQ admission is valid for 14 days, regardless of when your DC day falls...its doesn't have to be all before or all afterward.

Once you have settled on your date, let me know...and I will add you to the list on page 1 :) .

Thank you. Our last day of holiday is 29th. Haven't settled on DC day yet but buying one thing every month and DC next on my list! Can I ask one question please? Last year we had a sun bed (that we never sat on) by the first dolphin area as you enter park. My son spent most of the time snorkelling and I can't remember if there were sun beds there but hoping there were as I guess that would be best place for us to sit. Oh and sorry another question. Saw someone mention otters. Where are they because we didn't see them. I honestly thought before we went that we would run out of things to do but it was the opposite. Can't wait to go back.
Thanks for this thread!

Thank you. Our last day of holiday is 29th. Haven't settled on DC day yet but buying one thing every month and DC next on my list! Can I ask one question please? Last year we had a sun bed (that we never sat on) by the first dolphin area as you enter park. My son spent most of the time snorkelling and I can't remember if there were sun beds there but hoping there were as I guess that would be best place for us to sit. Oh and sorry another question. Saw someone mention otters. Where are they because we didn't see them. I honestly thought before we went that we would run out of things to do but it was the opposite. Can't wait to go back.
Thanks for this thread!

Hi Portugal,

I can't remember if there were lounger around the Grand Reef or not.....we had a cabana on the last trip, so we didn't really note the location of the loungers at all. I do know that the far side of the Grand Reef were all cabana locations.....so there were none along that side of that area. But I'm sure, when it is such a popular area, that there are an abundance within a very short distance.

The Asian Otters and the marmosets are located in the Freshwater Oasis, a newer part of the park that opened in summer 2012. Here are some pics:

The Freshwater Oasis also features some great sunken loungers.....so you can kick back and relax in the water. And there's a refreshment stand right before you enter. Vacation perfection :banana: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter