Discovery Cove food

chrisann

DIS Veteran
We know that a light breakfast and lunch were included but was wondering if it's buffet style or if you order from a menu. What kinds of doos were there? Also, for the beer or coolers was it just one per person or unlimited? We don't want to get drunk, we just want to know what's included food/beverage wise. Thanks!

All unlimited ~ breakfast was help yourself and lunch was more like a cafeteria line so you tell them what you want.
All day there are drinks and snacks at the snack bars.

Breakfast:

DSCF0015.jpg

Lunch:

[
DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

The food at DC is great. Unlimited food and drink. I didnt' really like the breakfast because I'm not too into pastries, plus I wasn't really hungry. Be sure to have the chocolate cake at lunch. It's simply amazing!

anyone know if bottled water is available and what kind? Dasani, Aquafina, etc.?

I doubt it was Dasani. That is a Coke product and they do not have Coke.
I drink lemonade when I go there...because no coke.
I think it was Pepsi there, which would probably mean it was Aquafina.

Just wondering, what do they have for snacks at the snack shacks?

The other food looks and sounds great. We are going in August. I can't wait!

Soft pretzels, ice cream bars, chips, frozen lemonade. I know there was more, but I can't remember right now.

For lunch I really recommend the lobster salad-very good. As was the Cobb salad. :goodvibes

Here's a few more pix of the food choices

Cobb Salad
cobbsalad_2663.jpg

Lobster salad-served with a croissant, chicken strips, cheesburger, jello, and cake
lunch_2662.jpg

Breakfast pastries
breakfastbuffet_2618.jpg

I loved :cloud9: DC and can't wait to go back. Only negative to me was no Coke. I have to have my Diet Coke, can't drink Diet Pepsi :eek: .

I'm going in May and never thought to find out what they do have. Thanks to the pictures from DizneyDaz, I see they have chicken strips and cheeseburgers for lunch, which is perfect for me, but from what I gather from a few of these messages, breakfast is just pastries? They do not have things such as cereal or eggs or french toast or anything for breakfast, just pastries? Thanks for any help!

I'm going in May and never thought to find out what they do have. Thanks to the pictures from DizneyDaz, I see they have chicken strips and cheeseburgers for lunch, which is perfect for me, but from what I gather from a few of these messages, breakfast is just pastries? They do not have things such as cereal or eggs or french toast or anything for breakfast, just pastries? Thanks for any help!

What DC includes is "continental breakfast" .... not a full breakfast. Looks like they are doing better than my visit when it was coffee or juice....

Product Inclusions
  • The admission packages to Discovery Cove are all-inclusive products. Therefore, admission includes the use of lockers, wetsuit, towels and mask during your stay, free parking, shower amenities, souvenir snorkel, complimentary entry photo, continental breakfast, lunch, all drinks and snacks, access to the Aviary, Coral Reef, Ray Lagoon, Resort Pool, Tropical River, a 7-consecuative day pass to either SeaWorld Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa, and the dolphin interaction. Our guests select in which activities they would like to participate. At this time, we do not offer customized packages for guests who chose not to participate in selected activities.

A continental breakfast is simple, not fancy. Don’t expect an elaborate buffet. Depending on the hotel or motel you might receive coffee, tea, assorted juices, rolls, bagels, pastries and perhaps individual sized cereal boxes. It is so named because it is the breakfast of choice on The Continent, or Europe.

end quote

They have pastries, fresh fruit, and beverages at breakfast. No cereal, hot food, etc. If I remember correctly they opened about an hour or so after the park did (Sept. 07).

Here's a few more pix.

DD in line
Dinbreakfastline_2617.jpg

Lunch menu-you can actually read some of the selections, plus they have others (like the lobster salad)
lunchmenu_2616.jpg

Part of lunch display. Shows Salmon with pesto, beach burger, chicken fingers.
lunchdisplay_2656.jpg

Thanks for the replies. My next question is do you get to go as many times as you want, or do they limit it?

Thanks for the replies. My next question is do you get to go as many times as you want, or do they limit it?

As many times as your want. :cool1: Breakfast and lunch have certain times (I can't remember exact times but it was plenty of time to eat) You can go back in and get more as often as you want as long as they are open. Then snack locations are open all day, you can get food, and drink, there all day long, unlimited! :)

As many times as your want. :cool1: Breakfast and lunch have certain times (I can't remember exact times but it was plenty of time to eat) You can go back in and get more as often as you want as long as they are open. Then snack locations are open all day, you can get food, and drink, there all day long, unlimited! :)

Wow, so I can have like 3 or 4 hot dogs and later have a burger or something? That's great!

They have been and wine coolers. My DSis had a beer (or 2?) and my DM and I each tried one of the coolers. They were pretty good, especially if you like wine. They're available both in the Laguna Grill (breakfast and lunch location) as well as the snack locations.

Here's pix of my DSis which shows her beer bottle (Bud Light). I remember that the wine coolers were available in different flavors. I remember Cranberry as one.
Veatinglunch_2664.jpg

I doubt it was Dasani. That is a Coke product and they do not have Coke.
I drink lemonade when I go there...because no coke.
I think it was Pepsi there, which would probably mean it was Aquafina.
Good guess. It WAS Aquafina.

And for another poster, there was cereal for breakfast, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter