Discovery Cove Newbie!!!

We inquired about the parking pass when we booked our tickets to DC for August 2014. They told me I couldn't add the pass until 30 days before our DC day, but if I called back in late July, they would be able to add it to my ticket and cabana reservation. I will agree that itis a GREAT value (though they quoted me $30, not $25......perhaps prices have gone up since your visit!) if you are planning on enjoying the Seaworld parks a few times during your stay.
It probably was $30 now I think of it. I think we broke even after 2 days so got 4 days free parking which is great. As we aren't going to Disney this year and my son has declared that Aquatica is his fave park, then I hope to get even better value out of it.

It probably was $30 now I think of it. I think we broke even after 2 days so got 4 days free parking which is great. As we aren't going to Disney this year and my son has declared that Aquatica is his fave park, then I hope to get even better value out of it.

I am with your son......I could spend ALL DAY in Roa's Rapids! :beach:

I am with your son......I could spend ALL DAY in Roa's Rapids! :beach:

Me too, one of the best memories of Orlando is the first time we went to Aquatica, the year it opened and we went to Roa Rapids, well my son was literally swept away. I knew he would be fine as he had a life jacket but I just couldn't catch up with him. I just remember seeing him in the distance laughing his head off looking like the happiest boy alive. Finally caught up then took us several attempts to get out and just kept going around missing the exits. I am sure they have slowed it down since the. Anyway we still laugh about it now.

Hi guys! Regarding the parking pass thru DC, yes it is a GREAT deal!

Gina: I was able to purchase mine for my April trip a few months ago. I know sometimes, you get different info from different reps. I just wanted to let you know. I paid 30$. They told me I would need to pick up the official voucher at DC before entering any of the SW parks. I do have a printable parking pass, but they said that is just like receipt. I need to pick up the one for my car.

Hi guys! Regarding the parking pass thru DC, yes it is a GREAT deal!

Gina: I was able to purchase mine for my April trip a few months ago. I know sometimes, you get different info from different reps. I just wanted to let you know. I paid 30$. They told me I would need to pick up the official voucher at DC before entering any of the SW parks. I do have a printable parking pass, but they said that is just like receipt. I need to pick up the one for my car.

You know, I wondered about that answer :scratchin .

I may just give them another call to see if a different person gives me a different response. Or perhaps I will email them.....then I have something in writing! It would be nice to cross another item off the "to buy" list :thumbsup2 .

And the current parking pass info is as follows (email reply rec'd today):

Dear Gina,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with planning your day.

Discovery Cove offers parking passes for our sister parks. Please contact our Reservation Center to purchase the parking pass and have it added to your reservation.

You can call the Reservation Center toll free from the US at 1-877-4DISCOVERY, toll free from the UK at 00 800 3344 1818 or 1-407-370-1280 from other international countries.

Upon arrival in Orlando, you can collect your car parking pass for our sister parks at Discovery Cove.

SeaWorld Orlando/Aquatica - $30.00 + Tax

Ultimate (SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens-Tampa and Aquatica) - $40.00 + Tax

I hope this information was helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

Anne Greenall | Guest Relations

They told me I would need to pick up the official voucher at DC before entering any of the SW parks. I do have a printable parking pass, but they said that is just like receipt. I need to pick up the one for my car.

I just called and added the parking pass to my reservation. :thumbsup2

Just so you know, "AMY" at DC customer service told me that they have now changed their processes, and you no longer have to pick up a physical parking pass from DC. They supplied me with an Eticket by email for the parking pass that reads, in part, "Present the original Eticket and photo ID at any SeaWorld or Aquatica toll booth as you enter the parking lot. This Eticket is valid for general parking for one car or motorcycle for 14 days after first use at SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica during normal daily operating hours".

So just print and present and you're done! Love it!

Just so you know, "AMY" at DC customer service told me that they have now changed their processes, and you no longer have to pick up a physical parking pass from DC. They supplied me with an Eticket by email for the parking pass that reads, in part, "Present the original Eticket and photo ID at any SeaWorld or Aquatica toll booth as you enter the parking lot. This Eticket is valid for general parking for one car or motorcycle for 14 days after first use at SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica during normal daily operating hours".

Thats excellent and will save us a trip to DC as it wont be the first park we are visiting. I think we will get the parking pass that includes Busch as we are staying a week at St Petes before staying in Orlando for 2 weeks.

Interesting!! I have this printed paper, with a bar code, etc. But on my last call they specifically said I still needed to come to DC and pick up 'the original" in order for it to be valid. Well I plan to call tomorrow to re-re-confirm...I will repot back!! Mama wants to be prepared!! and if i don't need to head over to DC prior to our first day at SW I would rather not!

Interesting!! I have this printed paper, with a bar code, etc. But on my last call they specifically said I still needed to come to DC and pick up 'the original" in order for it to be valid. Well I plan to call tomorrow to re-re-confirm...I will repot back!! Mama wants to be prepared!! and if i don't need to head over to DC prior to our first day at SW I would rather not!

:sad2: I hate it when they give out conflicting information!! (like how you can't add a parking pass until 30 days prior to your visit :rolleyes1)

If you call, be sure to come back and let us know what they say. Good luck!!

Thank you so much for the valuable information about Discovery Cove. The pictures alone have convinced me to take my family. I just have one question, are you able to still do the lazy river if you don't know how to swim? Not sure if its like a lazy river at a hotel or more like a real river with deep spots? Thanks so much :)

Thank you so much for the valuable information about Discovery Cove. The pictures alone have convinced me to take my family. I just have one question, are you able to still do the lazy river if you don't know how to swim? Not sure if its like a lazy river at a hotel or more like a real river with deep spots? Thanks so much :)

It has varying depths....anywhere from 3 to 8 feet. It takes about 20 minutes to fully circle, at 1600 feet in total length. This information from the website might help:

Do I need to be a good swimmer to participate in the various experiences at Discovery Cove?

Even for non-swimmers, Discovery Cove has plenty to offer. Not only can you relax on the white sand beaches or one of our many hammocks, but we have an Aviary full of exotic birds to hand feed. More importantly, however, we do provide life jackets so you can enjoy the waterways as well. The devices are designed to keep you afloat, so you would still be able to snorkel with the fish in the The Grand Reef or take a journey down our Wind-Away river. The lifejackets can even be worn in the dolphin lagoons!

Location / Length / Shallowest Point / Deepest Point

Wind-away River
1,600 feet
3 feet
8 feet

Serenity Bay
N/A
0-1 feet
4 feet

The Grand Reef®
N/A
0-1 feet
12 feet

Dolphin Lagoon
N/A
0-1 feet
12 feet

Freshwater Oasis®
N/A
0-1 feet
7 feet

The rest of the FAQ's can be found here:

http://www.discoverycove.ca/Plan/FAQ.aspx

:sad2: I hate it when they give out conflicting information!! (like how you can't add a parking pass until 30 days prior to your visit :rolleyes1)

If you call, be sure to come back and let us know what they say. Good luck!!

Just got off the phone with "Deidre" at DC regarding the unlimited parking pass for SW and AQ purchased for $30.

After checking with a manager at my request, she informed me that we DO NOT need to go to DC first to get the pass. This was after she told me that we did need to.

SO when you print out your parking E ticket, just bring that to the parking lot when you arrive. Lets hope this works out!! I am visiting SW first and don't want to have to make a special trip to DC just for a parking pass:)

Thanks to all for the unlimited parking pass info. I didn't know anything about it until reading here. Having it definitely increases the likelihood that we will go to SW or Aquatica for a few mornings more than we had planned .

Thanks to all for the unlimited parking pass info. I didn't know anything about it until reading here. Having it definitely increases the likelihood that we will go to SW or Aquatica for a few mornings more than we had planned .

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

That's what I am excited about, too. Being able to drop in to either SW or Aquatica for just a few hours, whenever we can fit it in. Something we wouldn't do if we had to pay to park each time. I may get a few extra laps in around Roa's Rapids thanks to the pass!!!

I'm another newbie making my first trip in May. As I said in the roll call thread, I'll be doing the Seaventure while my wife and the two kids will be doing the Dolphin Swim.

What is the best time to do these? Obviously I want to watch them when they're doing theirs and (hopefully) they'll want to watch me do mine. And how do I go about making sure I get the times we want. It'd be great if there was some time between the two.

I know there is a spot where I can take pictures of the Dolphin Swim but is there anywhere they can get a few shots of me underwater? That'd be cool. Also, can i bring an underwater camera on the SeaVenture or is that forbidden?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter