Discussing DIS topics to others in real life?

Have you ever discussed a DIS thread with people in real life?

• Yes

Votes: 92 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

soccerdad72

DIS Veteran
Not really a spin-off thread, per se...

In recent days, I've seen a couple posts by people saying they showed friends/family/co-workers thread from the DIS (or discussed it with others) to get others opinions.

Not sure why, but I find that odd - I'm not even sure how I would start that particular conversation?

So, quick poll - have you ever had a conversation with people in real life about a DIS thread?

WHEW! So glad others do too! :rotfl: Its usually with dd or dh, no one other than that usually.

I just told DH Rodeo's sad story this morning and how I felt for her losing her husband after his quick battle with cancer. That one hit home as I have kids who are teens and early 20 somethings and a seemingly okay husband. It has reminded me that life is unpredictable and too short and that I should appreciate them more.

I don't do it often, but I will preface the discussion with DH or my kids as "So a thread on my Disney message board is talking about...."

How do you NOT discuss a discussion board? :laughing: If I read something anywhere that’s interesting, it may be brought up in conversation. The Dis is not immune, so not sure why that’s odd. However, I’ve never actually shown someone a thread.

I usually share the fun topics with, at least, my dd. I'll usually site the dis :) but if I'm with someone who doesn't really "get" the dis or message boards, in general, I'll just bring up a specific topic.

I just told DH Rodeo's sad story this morning and how I felt for her losing her husband after his quick battle with cancer. That one hit home as I have kids who are teens and early 20 somethings and a seemingly okay husband. It has reminded me that life is unpredictable and too short and that I should appreciate them more.

I don't do it often, but I will preface the discussion with DH or my kids as "So a thread on my Disney message board is talking about...."
I do the same, but only with my DH. Rodeo, her husband and children have been a discussion between DH and I the last couple weeks. :(

I have shared a few wiTH DBF. Most recently the “how fast things change” thread. I don’t show threads.

Reactions: Iya
I'm pretty much only on the community board these days. A few times things read here are relevant to something in my life and I'll mention it. If it's not a conversation with my husband, the reaction is usually more of "YOU'RE on a Disney discussion board?" which pretty much changes the topic :-)

I don't specifically mention that it's a DIS topic but I have brought up things from here with friends and family. There are times I read things that make me really wonder if I have a strange view of the world at times so it helps to get other opinions.

This thread is amusing to me since I hide my DIS watching like I would adult websites!! My wife is a Disney lover, but I have become somewhat of a fanboy, and I spend copious amounts of my free time watching the archived podcasts and such. We won't be heading back down until 2020, but I have the fever NOW!! Haha.

I do not necessarily discuss it broadly, but I do discuss it with people I am close to. I more or less only read the community board and refer to it as I would a new paper article or editorial page. I think it is interesting to hear the views of a broad spectrum of people on various topics that we discuss here.

I also admit to having been so moved by the Rodeo's recent journey of losing her husband, that I have mentioned it to my husband, as I find that the support she has found here to be a really positive thing.

Funny thing is, I do not even have a Facebook account, but have been reading the DIS since the late 1990's.

Earlier today on DVC Resorts, someone asked about the grills at Copper Creek. Since my DH used one in December, I asked him, and posted the answer.

I have talked to friends about books that have been mentioned on the book club here.

Yes, things like that happen a lot.

I talk to my husband about topics on the Dis fairly regularly. Sometimes they have even been a part of our family's dinner conversations...lol. My 20 something children sometimes roll their eyes, but participate and humor their mother...

How do you NOT discuss a discussion board? :laughing: If I read something anywhere that’s interesting, it may be brought up in conversation. The Dis is not immune, so not sure why that’s odd. However, I’ve never actually shown someone a thread.

It's quite easy actually. I don't feel any need to bring the topics discussed here to my real life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter