**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

These have been widely shown in the various blogs, but adding them here and the first few posts as well:

DHS DAH Handout-Front-Dec 2018.jpg DHS DAH Handout-Back-Dec 2018.jpg

I've sometimes contemplated this with the MK DAH (and now these), but with MK the locations have sometimes changed around and I've worried anything I do would become stale. I'm happy to keep a list (can do some from memory Saturday) but need ongoing assistance/accurate info from posters to make sure it's accurate/current.

okie dokie. I do agree with all that about it becoming stale. I just found that we spent the most time during the august event my group attended trying to figure out where the carts were that had popcorn or other items. The cart in tomorrowland had popcorn but was a long line at event start. We went thru the entirety of fantasyland and liberty square and then finally found popcorn by thunder mountain. Just thought it would be nice if guesses at the locations were somewhere easy to access like page 1 so I could check that just before the next events I am attending. :)

okie dokie. I do agree with all that about it becoming stale. I just found that we spent the most time during the august event my group attended trying to figure out where the carts were that had popcorn or other items. The cart in tomorrowland had popcorn but was a long line at event start. We went thru the entirety of fantasyland and liberty square and then finally found popcorn by thunder mountain. Just thought it would be nice if guesses at the locations were somewhere easy to access like page 1 so I could check that just before the next events I am attending. :)
We saw a cart leading out of Adventureland with hardly anyone there. They only had ice cream and pop. There was a cart in the hub with popcorn. The Tomorrowland cart was always busy both times we attended DAH. They had popcorn and ice cream. There was an ice cream cart across from Winnie the Pooh's ride. There was a popcorn cart right next to BTMR. Those are the main ones I can remember.

I know this is the HS thread, though, but I've never done DAH there.

We saw a cart leading out of Adventureland with hardly anyone there. They only had ice cream and pop. There was a cart in the hub with popcorn. The Tomorrowland cart was always busy both times we attended DAH. They had popcorn and ice cream. There was an ice cream cart across from Winnie the Pooh's ride. There was a popcorn cart right next to BTMR. Those are the main ones I can remember.

I know this is the HS thread, though, but I've never done DAH there.

Thanks! I plan to attend all three DAH events during the period of Jan 16, 17 and 19th. Hope I can keep it all straight.

I thought I saw someone report that DHS and DAK After Hours tickets are now available for purchase online sometime last week, but that doesn't appear to be the case when I check Disney's website.

Anyone know if it was up and taken back down? :confused3

I thought I saw someone report that DHS and DAK After Hours tickets are now available for purchase online sometime last week, but that doesn't appear to be the case when I check Disney's website.

Still showing for me. I'd post the links but it won't let me.

I just purchased DHS tickets on-line for 2/16, was planning to do it this weekend anyway. Was able to get my DVC discount and complete the purchase. Maybe just a glitch.

Still showing for me. I'd post the links but it won't let me.

I just purchased DHS tickets on-line for 2/16, was planning to do it this weekend anyway. Was able to get my DVC discount and complete the purchase. Maybe just a glitch.

It was up at some point, because I bought tickets for Feb 9th online last week.

Ahh, you know what... Disney's website defaulted me to the Canada version (no clue why, it's been doing that on/off a lot for me lately).... but when I switch it to USA version DAH tickets are available online.

Issue solved - thanks for the help!

(Hey Disney, I'm nowhere near Canada!)

Ahh, you know what... Disney's website defaulted me to the Canada version (no clue why, it's been doing that on/off a lot for me lately).... but when I switch it to USA version DAH tickets are available online.

They had me set to the UK for weeks.

Does that to me 90% of the time, especially in Chrome or on Safari.

BTW, after having now done this, I will raise my hand in saying this should be a little cheaper than MK (in my humble opinion). We didn't even stay the whole time last night as we were pretty much done. MK is just such an opposite feeling as it'd be hard to do everything even if you tried.

I'm glad we did DHS DAH... but the 'value' is definitely stronger at MK, for us at least. Like for example, I'd gladly do MK DAH a couple, maybe even a few times each year. I think I'm good with DHS just every year or so... I don't have this burning "let's do that again" feeling. That's not saying it wasn't worth it, it's just different than how we have started to feel about MK DAH.
I think AK should be cheaper too. We left AK an hour before it ended because we had ridden every ride twice and Everest and Navi 3 times. We only saw snack carts in all of AK, but we only wanted water.

Sorry, I haven't ready through all 21 pages but I did skim through. Is 7 officially the earliest we can get into this event? What are the chances of getting decent Fantasmic viewing?

Sorry, I haven't ready through all 21 pages but I did skim through. Is 7 officially the earliest we can get into this event? What are the chances of getting decent Fantasmic viewing?

We walked by at 6:30ish and they weren’t letting people in yet. I think the few reports we’ve seen have indicated it’s pretty much 7, maybe just a bit before.

If you want you could always snag a Fantasmic dessert party ticket, I’m sure even if you got there around 7:20pm you’d have some pretty good seating, an alcoholic drink, and desserts. It would be about 40$ a person but it’s always an option. Or grab a FastPass.

If you want you could always snag a Fantasmic dessert party ticket, I’m sure even if you got there around 7:20pm you’d have some pretty good seating, an alcoholic drink, and desserts. It would be about 40$ a person but it’s always an option. Or grab a FastPass.

Can we grab a FP before the event if that is our only admission?

Yeah, a DAH ticket linked to your MDE account will allow FP booking. This ‘can’ cause issues if you other park plans/FPs during your trip, I can explain further if needed.

I think the point the poster was trying to make is that you can't get into the park to a FPP reservation earlier than 6:30/7 if your only ticket is DAH. So you can probably book a 10am ToT FPP but that doesn't mean you can get into the park at that time to use it!

I booked a RNR FP from 6:30 to 7:30 and a Fantasmic FP at 7:30. Hopefully we can get in right at 7 and get to RNR quickly.

Edited to add this is what the DAH ticket only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter