**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I did it last December with a 4 and a 6 year old. Both don't like SDD and other big rides so we ended up riding TSMM 7 times and 4 times Swirling Saucers. The kids loved staying up late for a "special night" and they were so excited to meet all the characters with no wait. My 4-yr old son exclaimed loudly to the cast member on our way out that it's the best day of his life. That was his 8th trip to WDW and DHS used to be his least favorite park. They have been to all the DAH but they loved DAH at Hollywood Studios the most.
Oh that’s great! Sounds like an awesome experience for your kids! I think I’ll go for it. Compared to EMM you get more time for the price :)
We went with an 8 year old and an 11 year old. And they obviously were older than your 5 year old. But they loved it. I think for you, the question will be what are you looking to get out of it. If it is to ride a ton of rides, than Magic Kingdom DAH might be better. But it you are looking to ride the Toy Storyland rides a few times each and meet some characters with out lines and crowds than it would be worth it. We loved it when we went, but our goal wasn't to ride the rides over and over again nor to eat as much "free" food as possible. We just wanted to have a fun night and enjoy the low crowds. And we did.
we are doing MK but I’m looking at the price and time of EMM vs DAH. I think we will do better with DAH :) I hope he will like more adventurous stuff by then but even if he does not, I guess it would be a great experience anyway.

To me, the real advantage of DAH over EMM (aside from the increased hours and attractions) is the fact that the sun isn't beating down on you. Even at 8:00 in the morning, that sun can be brutal!

Sorry if this has been mentioned but does anyone know what items at Woody's Lunchbox (and the other 2 non-free food places) were available for purchase? Also I am 99.99% sure I know the answer but Baseline Taphouse is not open during this event correct?

Thanks!

Tried to purchase DAH for July but it says pending due to a technical issue, we'll email you once it finalized. I used my AP discount to purchase 4 tickets could this be the problem?
2 of us have AP's and 2 do not. Guess I am calling at 7a :oops:

Which is very unfortunate.

I know Woody’s Lunchbox has the adult lemonade available. 8-) I thought the rest was the normal menu but I’m absolutely not confident in that answer.

Thanks for that. If you couldnt tell I was trying to find out if there was alcohol anywhere hahaha. Also we do love that grilled cheese at woody's so was hoping that is there too. If not the lemonade will have to do... i guess :)

Thanks for that. If you couldnt tell I was trying to find out if there was alcohol anywhere hahaha. Also we do love that grilled cheese at woody's so was hoping that is there too. If not the lemonade will have to do... i guess :)

Hah! Yes, I enjoyed a lemonade while waiting in line for SDD. :-)

There are other bars set up around DAH. You have to hunt for them as they aren’t obvious, but they are around. I didn’t specifically look for these last Friday, but they have been there in the past.

Have fun!

I know it's a YMMV kind of thing, but just wondered if we had any recent reports of people trying to get an AP discount on same-day tickets and either having success or not?

Can we talk strategy now? :D

Last time we went to MK all day before the event and we were busted early. This time we are sleeping in and taking it easy until about 4. We want to meet Mike and Sulley before they shut down at 6. Also want to go to Baseline.

I think we might skip the fireworks since they happen right as the event starts. We did that last time and TSL was the emptiest it was all night. I do want to see the new projection show, though. Does anyone know if they are playing it during the event like they did with Movie Magic?

I do want to see the new projection show, though. Does anyone know if they are playing it during the event like they did with Movie Magic?

It was at 11pm last Friday.

(Editorial comment... if people complain about HEA being a no-flow mish-mash of things, this certainly tops it! LOL!)

But enjoying it along with a box of popcorn it in a basically empty central courtyard/hub was wonderful!

For both of our DAH days, which were two days in a row (MK Thursday night, DHS Friday night), we slept in and headed out for just an easy day. On Thursday we did 2 fastpasses at AK around noon and then went back to the room to chill for awhile before heading to MK for reservations at LTT at about 6:00. That worked out very well for us.

For Friday then, we didn't head out until it was time to make our way to Beaches & Cream for a 2:20 lunch reservation. After that, we went to Epcot for a couple fastpasses but mostly tried to stay off our feet as much as possible. We got to DHS just in time to find a spot for the projection show followed by SWAGS because none of us had seen it before. We lasted through the end of the events on both nights.

We got our tickets for July 5th. Really looking forward to it. I am not one to buy many extras. I'm kinda cheap and really look for bang for my buck. This trip, my daughter and granddaughter will be with me. It will be their first DW vacation. They've visited DLR many times.
So I would like to make this trip extra special while also stretching our Disney budget.
We will RD AK and leave 2ish and head back around 6:30 after relaxing and using the pool.
We will take it slow and easy in HS, taking a right at The Trolley Car café, riding ToT and RaRC as many times as dgg wants. We will skip any shows, characters, fireworks etc and concentrate on the rides and just enjoy the park at lower capacity. The evening will end in TSL with Slinky, Toy Store and Alien being the nightcap.

It was at 11pm last Friday.

(Editorial comment... if people complain about HEA being a no-flow mish-mash of things, this certainly tops it! LOL!)

But enjoying it along with a box of popcorn it in a basically empty central courtyard/hub was wonderful!

Oh so they are playing it during DAH? That is awesome. We were going to skip Fantasmic to see it but now it sounds like we can do both!

Oh so they are playing it during DAH? That is awesome. We were going to skip Fantasmic to see it but now it sounds like we can do both!

Yup. It’s not published on anything or any schedule, but from reports (and what we witnessed) it seems to be occurring each DAH night.

BTW, when the park is quieter and less people around, the audio is incredibly loud! It was awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter