**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

When you arrive at 7 p.m., are they still collecting for parking? I know that on one of our previous trips, they stopped collecting for the MK before we got there (we had gone to get dinner and came back for fireworks). But this was a few years ago, so I wasn't sure if that still happened, let alone for DAH.

So it seems that you can get on all rides except SDD at 8:00 by showing your wristband. I was planning on doing Fantasmic that night but now I am wondering if we can start rides at 8 if I should plan on fantasmic another night. Anyone else doing Fantasmic or SW fireworks/JBJB before DAH?

We watched JBJB before DAH on Saturday. We still rode everything we wanted at least twice, plus stops for snacks. We didn’t feel it ate into our time much and gave some more time for day guests to cycle through any lines they may still have been in. The most annoying part was swimming upstream as everyone was exciting afterwards while we were trying to get to TSL.

When you arrive at 7 p.m., are they still collecting for parking? I know that on one of our previous trips, they stopped collecting for the MK before we got there (we had gone to get dinner and came back for fireworks). But this was a few years ago, so I wasn't sure if that still happened, let alone for DAH.

We got there around 8pm Saturday and they were still collecting for parking. I think they stay later on event nights.

We got there around 8pm Saturday and they were still collecting for parking. I think they stay later on event nights.

I kind of figured that, but thought that I'd ask anyway.

We're staying at Universal and adding $25 for a few hours of parking on to DAH costs *might* be the tipping point for me. But getting to see TSL is very tempting...

I am very tempted by this for our March trip, but trying to accept the reality that the late night timing is probably not ideal for anyone in our group (except maybe my husband, he’s a night owl). Although if the crowds stay this low, I would have to consider going and bailing early, since it looks like we could probably do everything we wanted pretty quickly. The relaxed atmosphere is so much more appealing than the rush of EMM, plus the larger number of rides available...

But exhausted kids and parents with a week left of vacation to survive after is not a good combo. Maybe we save this for our return when the kids are older and actually learn how to sleep in...

I'm seriously pondering this for 2/16 - there are only a few things I'll do at Studios, and being able to do them with a small crowd would be awesome. My one thing giving me pause is I REALLY want to see Illuminations since I'm not trusting "end of summer" to mean I'll be able to see it in late July.

Would it be INSANE to stake out a spot for Illuminations as close to the IG as possible, see Illuminations at 9, and then book it to Studios? I don't want to hit the Star Wars stuff, so I wouldn't have to worry about that area. I know I'd be losing about an hour of party time, but from the reports of crowd size that doesn't seem like a huge deal...

Thoughts?

I'm seriously pondering this for 2/16 - there are only a few things I'll do at Studios, and being able to do them with a small crowd would be awesome. My one thing giving me pause is I REALLY want to see Illuminations since I'm not trusting "end of summer" to mean I'll be able to see it in late July.

Would it be INSANE to stake out a spot for Illuminations as close to the IG as possible, see Illuminations at 9, and then book it to Studios? I don't want to hit the Star Wars stuff, so I wouldn't have to worry about that area. I know I'd be losing about an hour of party time, but from the reports of crowd size that doesn't seem like a huge deal...

Thoughts?

Lol. Certainly not traditional, but desperate times call for desperate measures!

Thoughts?
It’s no more insane than me pondering whether my kids can last until 10:30 and just skip the last hour!

I think we’re going to skip because it’s the might before the time change on our trip and this combined with the lost hour and my plans to stay up the next night to watch illuminations sounds like a bad idea!

I think it’s up to whether you feel you can still get enough value out of it. And really, skipping the first hour is probably skipping the hour with the least value anyway...there are still some lingering day guests in the park, lines are a bit longer, etc.

Thoughts?
I really think you’re the only one who can make this decision because you know what your priorities are. Personally, I would never pay that much for an event and not use all of the time they give you, but that’s my own touring style. That would make me feel super rushed all night to have to rush to hs and make sure I get my money’s worth.

Thanks all. I have a few hours to ponder as I could use my AP discount but my card is at home and I have always needed that and not the number online when I have called to book something with it.

I don't think we'll do Fantasmic but I haven't seen movie magic so I'd like to see that...I'd really like to see SW fireworks again (especially since they may have changed since the last time I saw them, but not sure?) but not sure I want to give up the DAH time. Maybe I'll try to find out how long they last.

ETA: 14 minutes!
I think we will do Fantasmic since that will be the only evening we will be at HS. We will still have 3 hours for rides - and there just isn’t that much ground to cover. Unless the crowds really pick up we should have plenty of time to both ride and meet characters.

I called today to book on the 26th of January and was told by the cast member that it wasn’t available to book. I told them about how it shows up in the calendar, but they said they definitely couldn’t book it. Maybe just a glitch in the system, but I’m going to keep checking and waiting for more dates to be released.

It’s now been removed from the calendar. Bummer.

We watched JBJB before DAH on Saturday. We still rode everything we wanted at least twice, plus stops for snacks. We didn’t feel it ate into our time much and gave some more time for day guests to cycle through any lines they may still have been in. The most annoying part was swimming upstream as everyone was exciting afterwards while we were trying to get to TSL.

We plan on doing the same thing on 12/15. Good to know that it worked out well. Thanks for sharing!

I've been reading you can enter at 7PM, but havn't the events at MK let you enter as early as 6PM?

Apologies in advance if this isn’t the right location for the question.

Question: Currently at Disney and my Dad has to leave early for work. We purchased tickets to Saturday’s DAH. I know it’s nonrefundable, but can the funds be used for a future DAH?

Question: Currently at Disney and my Dad has to leave early for work. We purchased tickets to Saturday’s DAH. I know it’s nonrefundable, but can the funds be used for a future DAH?
I think if you explain your situation to them they MAY be able to switch it. Nothing wrong with talking to guest services and seeing what they say.

I actually did this for my upcoming trip. I had purchased tickets for DAH HS 1/12 and was able to switch my tickets to 1/5 with no problem.

My dad recently had a knee replacement, and didn't end up coming (after I already purchased tickets to DAH and MVMCP) because he wasn't physically where he thought he would be. We ended up being able to get his ticket refunded. Definitely stop by Guest Relations and explain what happened; they should be able to make some sort of accommodation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter