• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Bazzill Color Swap ***SIGN UP NOW*** Due date 12/15

Are we allowed to use a different brand printed paper for some of our elements in addition to the Bazzill or strictly Bazzill? Thanks!

I am swapped out right now, so I will look forward to another Bazzill Color Swap in the new year :goodvibes

Jeanne

Hey, if everyone was agreeable to making that extras group a Make 6 instead (or if you opened a second group), I could SO do The Incredibles! Colors would be red, yellow, and black, I'd do mini file folders, slide mounts, and perhaps a shaker box or library pocket card and tag... since I've done these kits for my own kit swap, I've got a pretty good idea of how they go together, so it'll be easy for me to do! It's about all I'm ready to take on right now though... my own kit swap is due Dec 1st, and I've STILL got a lot of empty spots I can't seem to fill so will probably end up doing myself.

Let me know if anyone is interested... it'll be a GREAT kit and Bazzill is easy to come by in this area.

Sarah

The Incredibles would be great. I have pictures of them I need to use somehow!

Let's see if we get any more interest in creating another character group -- if not, then we can probably extend the group to 6 (if everyone is agreeable). I like to keep them small and stress-free, especially at this time of year!

Everyone -- I totally forgot (how could I!) that I am going to WDW on the 16th of December -- so either make sure you go postal at least a week before the 15th or you'll have to wait till after Christmas for me to mail (we're back on the 23rd).

Yea, I hear ya on the stress levels that time of year. The amount of items you want is pretty much a "no biggie" to me for a kit swap... my own kit swap is pretty demanding... 3-4 photomats, jbox or poem, title somewhere (though doesn't have to be a title box...I've used slide mounts to create a title), and then 2-3 more items, so it FILLS 2 pages. So it requires a lot of work...worth it, absolutely worth it... but yours seems easy in comparison, lol... Anyway, we'll see what everyone else thinks, I'm hoping it goes over, because I really like the kits that are already being done for this group...

Sarah

Has any final details been posted for this swap? I am working on getting my stuff done and hopefully I can get it mailed off in the next couple of weeks.

Heather

Hi! Please include me in the swap that starts in January. I don't want to overextend myself to squeeze into this one. With the holidays and our upcoming Disney Christmas cruise and trip, I can't manage it now.
Thanks! :cool1:

Hi!
Are we just going with the groups that are full?
If anyone in the second princess group (which is not full) wants to do Belle in group 3A and get in on the complete group, I would be happy to give that up. (Not flaking here, just don't "need" to have this stuff, so if someone else wants it, no prob!) Just LMK! :wave:

I am in the second princess group and I don't find just doing/getting 4 so we can keep it together.

Well ladies, I have never seen a swap *not* fill, so I am not sure how to proceed with the incomplete groups.

Any ideas or suggestions? I can pick up an extra group myself, but we have a few more slots than that. I can combine the leftover groups into one big group but that would mean that people may receive pieces back from characters they don't really want.

???

From experience, that's hardly ever the case... well, once in awhile it is. Some suggestions, from my experience with kit swaps:

Move the due date back... having it in the middle of Dec may be scaring people off of joining... too much going on at that time for most. Kit swaps are just SOOO complicated, it's not even funny. I've hostessed three of these things, and I have a real love/hate relationship with them.
Find out what combination of groups would be good for people.. personally, I'd take anything back... I can use any character eventually. Of course, I've got tons of Mickey/Minnie/Pooh/TIgger/Cinderella/Aurora, etc, so characters "off the beaten path" are definitely more welcome...
I have an "extras" category in my current kit swap... the idea being that if someone flakes on the spot, the person in the extras group with that character will get that spot. Otherwise, they get what I've got extras of back... it's a pot luck kind of thing, makes it interesting! :)

Not too many people responded to my offer to make The Incredibles... I guess there was one reply, so if you don't want to go with six for that group, then I will just wait for another opportunity. I'm a TOUCH burnt out right now anyway, and we MAY be moving to Mexico in Jan, so I'm hesitant to sign up for ANYTHING right now.

Sarah

Joy,

Why don't we just add the generic and 3b together to make one group??? Would be fine with me. I have already purchased and started my elements for the 3B group and planned on 6. Not sure what to do about the Fab 5 group.

I wouldn't mind pushing the deadline back, but I think you would have to push it way into Jan so everyone not wanting to do it now would be able to get over the holidays before starting. I am fine with it now too.

I really don't see this as being difficult as the above poster said. Four elements for 6 people is no biggie. Not after doing the old swaps of 40 or 80 when we had 20 poeple in a swap. This is rather refreshing to do a combo of elements and they are completed quickly because you are only doing 5-6.

JMO

Bummer I missed some of the ones I wanted to try. So I will be on the look out for the next one!
I jsut got this wonderful rose from my Wizzard cutting system. Perfect for Belle!
Hopefully next time!

Spinning said:
Bummer I missed some of the ones I wanted to try. So I will be on the look out for the next one!
I jsut got this wonderful rose from my Wizzard cutting system. Perfect for Belle!
Hopefully next time!

Hi! Did you see my post above about Belle? LMK!

As for the other fab 5 group, I'm happy dropping that and would reconsider doing it if it opens up again next year....

Ok if it is ok with the host I will take your Belle spot. If you had Mickey in the Fab 5 group I will also take that.
Thanks
I love this new toy of mine! I can emboss!

Spinning said:
Ok if it is ok with the host I will take your Belle spot. If you had Mickey in the Fab 5 group I will also take that.
Thanks
I love this new toy of mine! I can emboss!

Sounds great! Joy, what do you think? And yes, I had Mickey in the other group, so you're welcome to that if that group ends up happening!
Thanks! Cool about your new toy too! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter