Disney Dream August 4th 2017 Sailing!

Susan B.

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone, Hoping there are some others out there who want to chat. This is our family's first cruise, and can't wait!
If a few folks want to put together a small Fish Extender group before we go, we'd be up for it too! Let me know!

Susan B

Hi! We will be on the same cruise! I have not been able to find a group for these dates. Have you had any luck? I'd be happy to join a FE!!!!

Yay! So glad to find some people who want to participate. Because it's less than a month away, and people need time to purchase/make whatever they want to exchange, I say we leave it open till either Monday July 10 or Friday July 14, and then we close the group. What do you think?

I'll start by leaving our family details here, and if you want to add yours then we can start to have an idea of who we need to provide for in our little group :)
Stateroom 2554
Andrew and Susan - mom and dad - early 40s ;)
Matthew - 14
Meghan - 11

Michelle714 and Calpolygurl - leave your family details & stateroom # and we can each start thinking through ideas! Fun!

Hello ladies. If it's not too late - we just booked our cruise on Friday - we would love to be part of this as well. This is our fourth cruise on the Dream and I have always seen the FEs but only thought to research them this time. We are a family of four from Delaware staying in Stateroom 10644:

David and Donna (mom and dad -late 40s, although one of us may be 50)
Katie - 17
Cameron (boy) - 11

Looking forward to this!

Sending this on behalf of friends who are traveling with us and staying in stateroom 10648 and would also like to participate in the fish extender fun. Parents are Blaine and Renae and daughters are Gabriella (age 17) and Natalie (age 13)

Looks like we have a group! I'd like to suggest closing the group now with the 5 families involved... simply because I don't know about you, but I'm running out of weekends to get the Fish Extender gifts taken care of as the trip gets closer and closer! Are people ok with that?

Thanks Maricabo for your details and those of your traveling friends! Glad to have you joining in!

Calpolygurl and michelle714 - can you please provide the details of those in your traveling party so we can finalize the list?

Also - are people ok to give their last names as well? I'm thinking if anyone wants to personalize anything, it might be helpful... Stateroom 2554 is the Barton family.

I'll post a combined list for everyone once we have all the details. And the fun can begin!
Thanks
Susan

Having never done this before, I think five families is fine, but would like to hear from the others this week to know we have a group. After I found this board, I found a Facebook group and another board/thread on this site under "Disney Dream August 4 2017" that are both running and closing out FE groups this week - who knew there were so many - so if we don't have enough interest here, or if you just want to consolidate under one of the other groups, I'm fine with that too. My last name is Culver, but my husband and children are all Smith so that is how our fish extender reads. Our friends are the Fusco's. If folks would rather touch base through email with their details, my email is dculver@mnat.com.

Thanks for your info Maricabo. I haven't done this before either, and I'm hopeful we can get our group to confirm! If not, I'll join you in joining one of the others. Since its our first time, I'd like to be a part of a smaller group as it doesn't feel as overwhelming, but yes, we need our other two families to confirm. Let's wait till end of day tomorrow and then we can use Friday to join other groups if needed. Can you post links to the others tomorrow if we haven't heard back? I haven't found any others...
Thanks!
Susan

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I've been super busy with school. Yes I'm so excited to be able to participate!!

I hope I made it in time!!!!

The people in my group are
Me: lissete diaz
My husband: vil acuna
My 2 yo: Mateo acuna
I have my in laws as well, but not sure if they'd like to participate.

I, too, like the idea of a small group. My email calpolygurl@gmail.com are starting a google sheet or how does this work??? I'm excited to participate and shop for y'all! I have so many questions!

1. Does everyone in the party purchase for everyone in every other party (3people in mine)?
2. Is there a spending limit?
3. When do we exchange?

Sooo exciting!!!

I agree! I've looked everywhere for groups and had no luck. Please post the links to those groups. Maybe we can just make friends with those other ppl going on the cruise even if we're not exchanging.

Thanks all!

I just typed in Disney Dream August 4 2107 in Facebook and found it. I joined their "red group" FE, but it only has three people in it so am up for doing both. The way they are running it is you purchase one gift for each cabin in the group either individually for each family member or for the family and leave in the FE at some point during the cruise.

got it! so what do we want to do? should we just join them?
I think tha
got it! so what do we want to do? should we just join them?
How do you all feel about consolidating under the "red FE group" in the Facebook group? As of today I believe there were three families - mine and the Fuscos who are traveling with us included- which would make for a total of six families if you all sign on and no others join before they close the group on Monday. If you are worried about size maybe wait until Monday to sign up there to see how many are in the group at that time. Thoughts?

Works for me if we want to join in with them. We haven't heard back from Michelle714 since her first message, so there may be 4 families here, plus the one extra on the Red FE facebook group. Makes sense to consolidate. Maricabo - want to communicate on that group about merging? Since we have info shared here, is it easier to have that extra family join on disboards or do we go to Facebook?

OK - so I went and joined the Facebook page, and went ahead and signed up for the red group. looks organized and easier to keep it all through that site. Calpolygurl - head over there and join the red group. Looks like one or two others have joined but there is still space. Looks like a good solution!
Thanks Maricabo! See you there!

OK - so I went and joined the Facebook page, and went ahead and signed up for the red group. looks organized and easier to keep it all through that site. Calpolygurl - head over there and join the red group. Looks like one or two others have joined but there is still space. Looks like a good solution!
Thanks Maricabo! See you there!
Sounds like a plan! This is going to be so much fun.

Calpolygurl- have you had a chance to join on Facebook? Join the disney dream aug 4th page then sign up for the red group FE - it's only open till Monday and has a couple of spaces left. Looking forward to swapping fun Disney gifts ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter