Disney Dream dry dock?

mountholyokemom

Earning My Ears
Hi -

I'm gold and been on all four ships. Just off the Magic this week and booked the 5 night Dream in November while onboard. I was hesitant to book the Dream as it is my least favorite ship but I just did the Magic in November and then again this month so thought I would give it another shot, mostly because it was 5 nights as anything less just doesn't seem worth the trouble of flights, etc, honestly. Anyway, this will be the second sailing after a 3 week dry dock. I was just curious if anyone had any ideas of what, if anything, might be changing during the dry dock?

I am also on this cruise, and awaiting any dry dock news.... It's amazing what they can do in 3 weeks. Hoping they get it all wrapped up in time!

I imagine it will be similar to the Fantasy in 2017. You'll see carpets in public areas, new paint likely on the funnels, minigolf course greens redone. There doesnt seem to be any news of a new stage show, but they may refresh the props etc.

I'm hoping that they don't take away the family pool deck hot tub like they did on the Fantasy, but am afraid that they will.

We are on the 7 night that’s the first cruise after dry dock. Haven’t seen much of anything out there so I’m not anticipating any big changes.

Hi -

I'm gold and been on all four ships. Just off the Magic this week and booked the 5 night Dream in November while onboard. I was hesitant to book the Dream as it is my least favorite ship but I just did the Magic in November and then again this month so thought I would give it another shot, mostly because it was 5 nights as anything less just doesn't seem worth the trouble of flights, etc, honestly. Anyway, this will be the second sailing after a 3 week dry dock. I was just curious if anyone had any ideas of what, if anything, might be changing during the dry dock?

What makes the Dream your least favorite?

Despite the Disney Dream having the shorter itineraries, it is actually my favorite ship and will be sailing on her for the 4th time this upcoming September! (I treat Nassau as an "at sea day"). I guess I just prefer the Art Deco style of the Dream, but both ships are wonderful.

I agree the Dream wasn’t as good to me as the wonder the wonder was so accessible and everything was nice and close and navigable.

Based on the Dream sailing schedule, looks like the gap is from 10/5/20-10/31/20.

They replaced the hot tub with a small splash pool for toddlers. That was a bummer for my teenage son on our recent Fantasy crise.
I had no idea they did this. So the only hot tubs onboard the Dream now are located in the adult-only area and in Senses spa?

That things so tiny its more like the family deck bath tub.
It really is just a bath tub as the jets do not generate any significant "bubbles." The ones in Senses Spa are very strong though.

I had no idea they did this. So the only hot tubs onboard the Dream now are located in the adult-only area and in Senses spa?
No, there is still a family pool deck hot tub on the Dream, just not on the Fantasy. I'm concerned that during dry dock they might remove the Dream's nice family pool deck hot tub and replace it with a dinky kids' splash pool, like they did on the Fantasy.

No, there is still a family pool deck hot tub on the Dream, just not on the Fantasy. I'm concerned that during dry dock they might remove the Dream's nice family pool deck hot tub and replace it with a dinky kids' splash pool, like they did on the Fantasy.
I got the two ships mixed up. Thanks for clarifying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter