Disney Dream - Prices

My terrific DU agent, Tracy, was able to book my first choice of date and cabin on the Dream.

March 13, 2011 (4-night).
1A, Category 5C, $1,774.17 (with insurance and DCL transfers).

Thanks Tracy!

Category 5A for June 26, 2011 (5 nights with 2 Castaway Stops)--no insurance or transfers

Price Breakdown
A1: $1,649.00
A2: $1,649.00
K13: $999.00
K10: $929.00
Government Taxes & Fees (Cruise): $188.68
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $5,414.68 *Price includes

JMO, but I think the prices are crazy, new ship or not! We are actually booked on the Magic/Mediterranean for May 26, 2010 10-night for $5500.40- 2A, 1K(13) CAT10. That is with the rebooking discount of 10% and we also have a $500 OBC. Not sure that we will keep it b/c I've been reading how port intensive this cruise actually is but at least we're on if we want to go and if not then we can transfer to something else.

Maybe someone can help me understand why Disney had to price their 5-night Bahama cruises like they did but to me that's just too high, even taking into consideration it's a DD. We were thinking of doing a 5-night Dream but I just can't justify the prices especially when you can do a 4 night for not even half.

JMO, but I think the prices are crazy, new ship or not! We are actually booked on the Magic/Mediterranean for May 26, 2010 10-night for $5500.40- 2A, 1K(13) CAT10. That is with the rebooking discount of 10% and we also have a $500 OBC. Not sure that we will keep it b/c I've been reading how port intensive this cruise actually is but at least we're on if we want to go and if not then we can transfer to something else.

Maybe someone can help me understand why Disney had to price their 5-night Bahama cruises like they did but to me that's just too high, even taking into consideration it's a DD. We were thinking of doing a 5-night Dream but I just can't justify the prices especially when you can do a 4 night for not even half.

I've only seen a few posts questioning high prices, it seems most folks and are thrilled.

Of course I think the whole price secrecy thing works for DCL. People don't have a chance to look at or compare pricing before the booking frenzy begins. It will be interesting to see if they are able to fill the Dream without offering discounts.

Once my favorite TA site posts per person pricing, I'll do some comparisons. The DCL site doesn't exactly make that easy, and I'm too lazy to run all the numbers myself so I don't have an opinion yet. ;)

I agree, I think the prices are insane. I did not say I liked the price but I'm stuck to traveling pretty much only around 4th of July time frame. My kids are active in swim/waterpolo and we only vacation during school vacations. So, I'm use to high prices.

I did not look at the 4 night prices but I just might have to. I'm thinking this might be our very last cruise with Disney in the Carribean. My kids are getting older and I can see that the magic might not last much longer. I'm not a HUGE fan of the carribean. I've been on 3 Carribean cruises and I find the ports pretty boring. I do like Castaway Cay so, we'll be doing that twice but to me this a just a beach vacation. We are mainly cruising to see the ship and that's it.

We did Mediterranean with Disney and LOVED it. I didn't think it was that port intensive so, I'm not sure what people mean by that. We really enjoyed the cruise. My family is pretty active. I think, WDW is just as exhausting if not more. At WDW you could be out the door at 8 am not return until 10 pm. None of the ports in Med. were not bad except a few like Rome but it was totally worth it for us. If you like a history, it is an amazing experience.

5 nights
June 7 2011
2 adults
Cat 6B verandah
$2,392.34 total, minus $150 shipboard credit through Dreams Unlimited.
Includes all taxes/fees, but no transfers or insurance.

I booked the June 12th 2011 sailing yesterday which is a 5 day DD Castway Cay and it came out to about $2300 2A1K for a 9A oceanview stateroom. (I had the 10% discount) I could have come in under $2000 if I booked an inside stateroom.

We did Mediterranean with Disney and LOVED it. I didn't think it was that port intensive so, I'm not sure what people mean by that.

A cruise with a lot of ports and only a few sea days = a port-intensive cruise. Most Europe cruises are port intensive, whereas most Caribbean cruises are not.

Thanks to DU ( see John, I did give you guys a second chance ),:thumbsup2
we have reserved a 8D family oceanview stateroom (deck 6) for the Back-to-back
August 21-25 & 25-28 for 2A + 3K.......$4951.70 no ins,no transfers, less $100 obc. :banana::yay::dance3::cheer2:

I know it isn't the same as a 7 day cruise but, it is on a new ship and we aren't that crazy about the stops in the caribbean especially since we are doing basically the same stops this February on our RCCL cruise.
Top it off with 2 stops at Castaway Cay !! :worship::worship:

I transfered my on board dummy date ressie to the Disney Dream:
Aug 28 4 nite
Category 10A, on Deck 9 (will be our firstime inside - want to see the porthole)
2A, 2C (11, 9) - $1726.68 (no air, no ins, no trans, incl discount)

I think the Dream prices are not where near as bad (in price) as the European, Alaska or 2011 WB Repo

My DW thinks the kids wont be happy on a 4 day (our last DCL was the '08 EB Repo).. but I am sure they will love it. By then we may be DVC owners (in process of buying a SSR on resale)... so maybe we can top off this trip w a stay in the THVs.

First ever Cruise ~ Dream August 21st for 4 nights

Cat 6A 2A $1,772 No ins or Transfers
Cat 6A 2A $1,772 No ins or transfers

Deluxe-Ocean View with Verandah, connecting rooms with one fully accessible.

Caron

Hope you enjoy your first cruise :goodvibes

A cruise with a lot of ports and only a few sea days = a port-intensive cruise. Most Europe cruises are port intensive, whereas most Caribbean cruises are not.
And, most Carribean ports are BORING whereas most European cruise are interesting... Just my opinion but I find Carribean ports just average. I really enjoy European cruises. But this isn't saying that I won't go on a Carribean it is just they are different.

I didn't find the European cruises anymore intensive as going to WDW for the same amount of time which we have done. In fact I find WDW a lot more hectic. If I remember correctly, the only ports that were intensive on our Mediterranean cruise were Pompeli, Rome & Florence. The other ports were very nice but the tours were a little more low key. Yes. you could have done all day tours but you didn't have to. In fact in the 1st 7 days of my cruise we only visited 4 ports which is no different than visiting 4 ports in the Carribean. The last 4 nights were a little more hectic as we did 3 ports in 4 nights. However, one of the ports we were there on a Sunday when most of the venues where close and there really wasn't much to do there.

I cruise with Disney now as it fits my children's lifestyle. My friend went on RCCL with her son and he was bored to tears. It was a Mediterranean cruise but the boat was older so, it didn't have the same kind of entertainment for her son in the evening.

We transferred our dummy date reservation to:
May 15, 2009 4 night
2 adults, 2 kids
Category 8C
Total is $2,032.68 plus a $100 shipboard credit and $50 credit from DU :banana:

For $500/day for the 4 of us, I'm pretty happy with that!

Just booked June 12, 2011 Cat 5D 2A and 1K $3,015.31 no transfers or insurance. 5 days with double dip. Transferred from a dummy date so we have the 10% off. :banana:

And, most Carribean ports are BORING whereas most European cruise are interesting... Just my opinion but I find Carribean ports just average. I really enjoy European cruises. But this isn't saying that I won't go on a Carribean it is just they are different.

I agree with you, although I think the Caribbean ports are a bit more interesting than the Bahamas. To me - a beach is a beach is a beach. On the other hand, I love the history and culture of Europe. I did a Baltic cruise on Royal Caribbean, a Transatlantic cruise on Celebrity, and will do a British Isles cruise on Princess next summer. I hope to go on a Mediterranean cruise in 2011, and would consider doing so on the Magic - but I want to see the itineraries on other cruise lines before I decide.

Feb 27 2011 4 night cruise
2 adults cat 6B - $1552, no insurance, no transfers

Just booked. $3894.68 Cat 4 for two Adults, 2 Kids, ages nine....

My TA did a Great job and offered a WONDERFUL OBC....Plus the OBC for transferring.

Also, got my parents a room two adults on Deck 10 Cat. 6 $2332.34

Aug. 16th cruise DD!!

Hey, Kristin!
I think I'm going to book the Aug 16 cruise as well. I wonder if anybody else from our cruise will book it. I'm hoping my agent will get it booked tomorrow. There is already a cruise meet thread for it.

I transfered my on board dummy date ressie to the Disney Dream:
Aug 28 4 nite
Category 10A, on Deck 9 (will be our firstime inside - want to see the porthole)
2A, 2C (11, 9) - $1726.68 (no air, no ins, no trans, incl discount)

I think the Dream prices are not where near as bad (in price) as the European, Alaska or 2011 WB Repo

My DW thinks the kids wont be happy on a 4 day (our last DCL was the '08 EB Repo).. but I am sure they will love it. By then we may be DVC owners (in process of buying a SSR on resale)... so maybe we can top off this trip w a stay in the THVs.

Hey there Sil! How have you been? I don't think there will ever be another cruise like our EBPC. Congrats on DVC--THV look awesome. We are booked on the Dream for June 12th----I KNOW a 5 nighter isn't going to be long enough, but it will be really cool checking out the new ship. Tell Marge I said hello. I imagine your girls have grown in the last year too. Adam turned 21 Monday--he has bought a house and is out on his own. :goodvibes

We are booked June 12, 2011 Double Dip
2 cabins, Cat 11 and Cat 6
Rms 7689 and 7690
We are 2A and 2 Teens, 14 +16, but I guess they would be listed as Adults since we only have 2 people per room. Sooo.......

Cat 11, 2A, rm 7689, is $1722.34
Cat 06, 2A, rm 7690, is $2388.34
Prices include taxes and insurance but not transfers

Hey there Sil! How have you been? I don't think there will ever be another cruise like our EBPC. Congrats on DVC--THV look awesome. We are booked on the Dream for June 12th----I KNOW a 5 nighter isn't going to be long enough, but it will be really cool checking out the new ship. Tell Marge I said hello. I imagine your girls have grown in the last year too. Adam turned 21 Monday--he has bought a house and is out on his own. :goodvibes

How are things on Thoroughbred Lane!!!

We are doing well. I hope you guys are too! A 21 year old homeowner must be some sort of record!

And I sooo agree w you... the EB Repo may never be topped. It was a truly a TOAL. I am considering a back to back on the Dream and was hoping the 5day would be doing Key West, but so far we only book a 4day in late Aug.
The new ship looks fantastic and will be a good time for sure.

Girls are getting big... too big too fast. I figure getting into DVC will keep them close for a family vacation even as they get older...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter