Disney Dream - Stateroom, Guest Services and Amenities

Thanks for the links. That is definitely different than what DCL has on their own website when you go to the "video" tab for the Dream. There it doesn't show portholes. Rather it shows glass across the front for those three floors.

The CM also told me that "the type of window has not been determined yet for those rooms".

Although I can't see them going through all that work on a model to display something different than actual, so it probably will be portholes. Guess we'll have to wait and see the pictures of the actual ship when they are released (leaked) for a definite answer.

Porthole or window, doesn't matter to me. I'll be happy with either. Just want to be on the ship.

I noticed that too. Personally I think the wall of windows across the front looks classier than the portholes, but they didn't ask my opinion. What's up with that? ;)

Either way I think a forward looking view is going to be pretty cool though. :thumbsup2

Now I know the floats for the Aquaduck are two seaters...but I'm wondering what the weight limit is on those things :rolleyes1 Me and hubby? I mean, the ride is horizontal. So what do they do when someone clogs up the slide midway...gigantic plumbers snake? Though if 6" of moving water can move a car off the road, I guess it's not too much of an issue.

Sort of like Augustus Gloop in the original Willy Wonka!!! Remember when he gets stuck in the tube and the chocolate pressure backs up under him!!! Ha Ha!!

MJ

Sort of like Augustus Gloop in the original Willy Wonka!!! Remember when he gets stuck in the tube and the chocolate pressure backs up under him!!! Ha Ha!!

MJ

:lmao:

Didn't Homer Simpson get caught in a tube waterslide once as well?

On our September 2009 cruise, Sasha from Palo, as well as the head server said it was going to be called Remys and will have a long hallway and one restaurant on one side (Palo) and the other restaurant (Remys)on the other.

Isn't Sasha wonderful. (I posted him on "Post a photo of your favorite server" here on the DIS.) We've had him take care of us as a regular or Palo server 4-5x including September 09. Did he say if he has decided to stay on the Magic or make the move to the Dream? I could easily see him in a French restaurant!

MJ

:lmao:

Didn't Homer Simpson get caught in a tube waterslide once as well?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My worst nightmare :rolleyes1

4084941942_89d9c04956.jpg

I managed to book for the Dream this afternoon and I have confirmation of Room number 6002 which was sold as a cat 9A. Now when I look at the deck plan on DCL website it's stating that it's a cat 11B which is an inside cabin.

I'm so confused :confused3 I feel like I've been diddled somehow in that they've sold me a cat 11B but charged me for a 9A.

Anyone any ideas?

i managed to book for the dream this afternoon and i have confirmation of room number 6002 which was sold as a cat 9a. Now when i look at the deck plan on dcl website it's stating that it's a cat 11b which is an inside cabin.

I'm so confused :confused3 i feel like i've been diddled somehow in that they've sold me a cat 11b but charged me for a 9a.

Anyone any ideas?

go to dreams unlimited and it is a 9a on their dream plan

I managed to book for the Dream this afternoon and I have confirmation of Room number 6002 which was sold as a cat 9A. Now when I look at the deck plan on DCL website it's stating that it's a cat 11B which is an inside cabin.

I'm so confused :confused3 I feel like I've been diddled somehow in that they've sold me a cat 11B but charged me for a 9A.

Anyone any ideas?

Check out the following link for the deck plan:

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/DCL/DisneyDreamDeckPlan.pdf

This one works better than any others I've seen so far, especially since it can be enlarged enough to actually see it, even for me. ;)

6002 is a 9B and personally I think that forward looking view is going to be amazing!

Check out the following link for the deck plan:

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/DCL/DisneyDreamDeckPlan.pdf

This one works better than any others I've seen so far, especially since it can be enlarged enough to actually see it, even for me. ;)

6002 is a 9B and personally I think that forward looking view is going to be amazing!

Thank you very much Cats mom and every one else who responded. I called DCL, the CM was really helpful, but wanted me to keep saying my cabin number again becaue she liked how i said "2". We had a laugh about it and she confirmed that 6002 was a forward facing OV deluxe outside cabin. I was only on the phone for 5 minutes including the hold time. Very efficient.

The link you gave me for the cabin plans was much better and even I could see the cabin numbers - without contact lenses I may add. :rotfl:

Panic is now over - I guess I should go and cook some dinner for DH.

Thanks again. :flower3:

I have reserved cabin 8006 - a 9A on Deck 8 forward, which looks on the plan like it's bigger than the other 9A's .. on a corner. Will there be a porthole in the front? or glass? :confused3 I'm wondering how this room is configured.. anyone know?? It looks awesome! :yay:

I just booked room 9002 on Dream. I was wondering what is across the stateroom door on that empty space on the deck plan? Maybe laundry?? Who has any guesses. Thanks -HarborWhaler

I have reserved cabin 8006 - a 9A on Deck 8 forward, which looks on the plan like it's bigger than the other 9A's .. on a corner. Will there be a porthole in the front? or glass? :confused3 I'm wondering how this room is configured.. anyone know?? It looks awesome! :yay:

I booked 8504, which is the other 9a corner room on deck 8. I did so because it looks bigger...we will we see I guess.

I am pretty sure the porthole points forward in these corner rooms as the model shows 7 portholes looking forward on each deck (6,7,8). When looking at the deckplan that would put 8006, 8004, 8002, 8000, 8500, 8502, and 8504 as those 7 portholes.

I just booked room 9002 on Dream. I was wondering what is across the stateroom door on that empty space on the deck plan? Maybe laundry?? Who has any guesses. Thanks -HarborWhaler

What day are you sailing? And did you book this today? I tried to book this room as well as a few others and was told I couldn't? Should I call DCL directly or my TA?

That being said, LUCKY YOU!! That looks like a great location. Enjoy!

Also--What is above the rooms on deck 8? Are we going to have to worry about noise--deck chairs, etc? I can't tell what it's supposed to be.

What day are you sailing? And did you book this today? I tried to book this room as well as a few others and was told I couldn't? Should I call DCL directly or my TA?

That being said, LUCKY YOU!! That looks like a great location. Enjoy!

I knew that I wanted one of the corner 9a rooms looking forward. First tried early Feb, but no corner rooms available (not sure what date I looked for). The Feb 20 sailing seemed cheaper than others, so tried that one next and got 8504! I was so happy.

I was also wondering what is directly above the rooms on deck 9. THat could be a problem, but hope it is something quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter