Disney Dream - Stateroom, Guest Services and Amenities

Also--What is above the rooms on deck 8? Are we going to have to worry about noise--deck chairs, etc? I can't tell what it's supposed to be.

We're in far forward Deck 8 (not the ones facing forward, but the first room that faces the side of the ship). I have looked at photos of the ships models and the tour on DCL website, and I'm taking a guess that the area just above the forward section is officer's quarters. There is a small walking area right there, with some port holes, yet this section is greyed out. It is also beneath what looks like the Bridge, so that would make sense. But don't quote me on that one :)

Also--What is above the rooms on deck 8? Are we going to have to worry about noise--deck chairs, etc? I can't tell what it's supposed to be.

Decks 9 and 10 are all staterooms. There are luxury staterooms on Decks 11 and 12 also. A lot more floors full of staterooms with a lot more choices :thumbsup2 The pools are on deck 11.

The noise factor might come in the rooms that are on the deck right above the kids clubs.

Good to hear! I am still sad I can't get the room I wanted... I called DCL and they are booking 9A GTY right now and couldnt' assign a room if they wanted to... BOO HOO. (Like that's something to be sad about, right? :lmao:) I'm on the boat for goodness sake I should be happy about that! ;)

I booked 8504, which is the other 9a corner room on deck 8. I did so because it looks bigger...we will we see I guess.

I am pretty sure the porthole points forward in these corner rooms as the model shows 7 portholes looking forward on each deck (6,7,8). When looking at the deckplan that would put 8006, 8004, 8002, 8000, 8500, 8502, and 8504 as those 7 portholes.

I've got 8504 for the MV, so I'll report in as soon as I've stayed in it. Wow, I'll be the first official guest in that stateroom!

I'm then doing a B2B and moving to an inside "virtual" for the 2nd cruise on 1/30/11.

What day are you sailing? And did you book this today? I tried to book this room as well as a few others and was told I couldn't? Should I call DCL directly or my TA?

That being said, LUCKY YOU!! That looks like a great location. Enjoy!

We are changing our sail date, so this room will not be ours. :) It seems these corner 9A rooms are pretty popular!

I'm in room 7174 on the MV. Very excited!!! I'm close to the elevator/stairs area and wonder if it will be loud at night. But now that I think about it, I plan on being out late to enjoy everything this new ship has to offer so maybe I'll never know. :rotfl2:

I'm in room 7174 on the MV. Very excited!!! I'm close to the elevator/stairs area and wonder if it will be loud at night. But now that I think about it, I plan on being out late to enjoy everything this new ship has to offer so maybe I'll never know. :rotfl2:

We were in stateroom 6116 on the Magic in August. I was very concerned that we were so close to the aft elevators. I tried to change the room a few weeks before sailing but nothing was available. It was not an issue. I never heard a thing, but it was very convenient to be by the elevators/stairs. Much better than when we were all the way forward on Deck 8 and had to walk down the narrow halls with our strollers and get around the housekeeping carts.

I found a great tip maybe some people don't know - if you go on the DCL site and check the ships/activities and click on each individual ship, it gives the "virtual tour" and you can see what is where and where rooms are, etc. Even the DREAM is listed and it is surprising to see so many activities distributed around the different decks. I am so excited I booked Halloween on the Dream! Deck 9! I'm up there!

Could it be the "secret passageway" that the kids club use to transfer from place to place?

I have reserved cabin 8006 - a 9A on Deck 8 forward, which looks on the plan like it's bigger than the other 9A's .. on a corner. Will there be a porthole in the front? or glass? :confused3 I'm wondering how this room is configured.. anyone know?? It looks awesome! :yay:

I am booked in that same cabin for President's week 2011. SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I have no idea how the room is configured! I thought it was a big porthole.

I have reserved cabin 8006 - a 9A on Deck 8 forward, which looks on the plan like it's bigger than the other 9A's .. on a corner. Will there be a porthole in the front? or glass? :confused3 I'm wondering how this room is configured.. anyone know?? It looks awesome! :yay:
We booked the same room for the 8/16 sailing for the same reasons! From the deck plans it looks like it could possibly have 2 portholes, and someone mentioned in another thread that was what a CM said as well, with the caveat that they haven't made the final determination yet.

My assumption was that space was the bridge and officers lounge. If so, that could mean that there would be 24-hr activity there, but I don't expect they'd be jumping around like a night club. But we're anxious to hear the reports from the cruisers ahead of us to confirm.

Good to hear! I am still sad I can't get the room I wanted... I called DCL and they are booking 9A GTY right now and couldnt' assign a room if they wanted to... BOO HOO. (Like that's something to be sad about, right? :lmao:) I'm on the boat for goodness sake I should be happy about that! ;)
I was online at 7:30am 11/9/09 and there were only 2 9A rooms available for the sailing we were booking, and 8006 was one of them so I grabbed it! I think cat 9A on the 8/16 sailing was booking GTY status by 8am 11/9.

I've got 8504 for the MV, so I'll report in as soon as I've stayed in it. Wow, I'll be the first official guest in that stateroom!

I'm then doing a B2B and moving to an inside "virtual" for the 2nd cruise on 1/30/11.
Can't wait to hear your reports from both rooms along with a comparison of one versus the other.

Does anyone have any thoughts on cabin #9101? It looks different than the other cat 11s. I can't tell if it is bigger or wider or what? TIA

I booked Deck 5 because I have always wanted to be near the kids clubs with our cabin, but as I look at the deck plans I am concerned that there will not be a connecting passage to the club area. Anyone have any thoughts about whether the aft rooms on Deck 5 will be able to get through to the club and lab area and theater? :confused3

Thanks!

We were in stateroom 6116 on the Magic in August. I was very concerned that we were so close to the aft elevators. I tried to change the room a few weeks before sailing but nothing was available. It was not an issue. I never heard a thing, but it was very convenient to be by the elevators/stairs. Much better than when we were all the way forward on Deck 8 and had to walk down the narrow halls with our strollers and get around the housekeeping carts.

Thanks for the info havaneselover! Being able to move about the Dream quickly will be awesome! pirate:

I knew that I wanted one of the corner 9a rooms looking forward. First tried early Feb, but no corner rooms available (not sure what date I looked for). The Feb 20 sailing seemed cheaper than others, so tried that one next and got 8504! I was so happy.

I was also wondering what is directly above the rooms on deck 9. THat could be a problem, but hope it is something quiet.

I know what you mean!!! After I studied the deck plans and saw that those corner rooms looked bigger I wanted one!!! At first I thought they were all HA rooms but they are not. For MV is was gone and I wound up with a 9B on Deck 2 (which is fine for us). Then, yesterday, I had an urge to check out the sailing right after the MV (Jan 30th) and 8504 was available!!! So I booked it!!! Now we are doing a back to back. I will have to change staterooms but I don't care. Can't wait to see how those corner rooms are set up!! And now I will have 8 days to explore the Dream instead of 4!!!

MJ

I booked Deck 5 because I have always wanted to be near the kids clubs with our cabin, but as I look at the deck plans I am concerned that there will not be a connecting passage to the club area. Anyone have any thoughts about whether the aft rooms on Deck 5 will be able to get through to the club and lab area and theater? :confused3

Thanks!

I'm going to go out on a limb here, fully admitting that I know nothing about safety codes, ship design, yadda yadda, but I will lay odds that there is access, though there may be a door between them. I say this b/c I simply can't imagine them blocking access, not just for flow sake, but in the case of fire/emergency it seems like it would be stupid to not allow full access to ALL the stairs, ESPECIALLY in the case of the floor with the kids club. I kind of assumed it would be like deck one of the Wonder, where there was a door between our hallway and some of the stairs/elevators. I'm sure there's someone out there who can tell me how wrong I am to assume that, but it seems to make the most sense to me :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter